Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

an Estimated 437 Years in the future

Go down 
AuthorMessage
N
The Longterm Poster
N

an Estimated 437 Years in the future Empty
PostSubject: an Estimated 437 Years in the future   an Estimated 437 Years in the future Icon_minitime09/10/11, 07:19 am

"Dammit Caspian! I'm doing all this from memory! Don't Interrupt me!"
A young boy, about the age of 13, "But sir! She says it's important!"
The Old Man turns around, revealing a long flowing beard, with tads of gray, but mostly light brown, with long scraggly hair. It was the visage of one Dr. Nikolaus Oehlberg. He continued yelling at the boy, "Get OUT! I'M trying to reconstruct them! OUT!"
Caspian runs out of the room, a woman comes to the door- Bernice, one of the locals, about five foot seven inches tall, healthy, green eyes, red hair, medium bust. She says to the Old Man, "You're a Doctor! get out of your little hovel and help people!"
He turns to her, his blue eyes fiery with a passionate rage, "I'm trying to recreate people I once knew DAMMIT! STOP INTERRUPTING ME! THE MORE YOU INTERRUPT ME THE LONGER IT WILL TAKE!"
Bernice yells back, "WELL MAYBE IF YOU ACTUALLY CARED ABOUT THE PEOPLE HERE THEY WOULD LISTEN TO YOU! YOU OLD BASTARD!"
The old man growled and turned back to his work, there were several bodies in the room, all of which looked presumably fresh. But who were they? The village people did wonder, and even inquired but the Old Man sent them away with more questions than answers. Over time, they became accustomed to his presence and eventually their curiosity subsided, some of them began to fear him, some hated him, for reasons most profound, such as how he never seems to leave his house, and he rarely comes out to buy foods from the market. In fact very few people liked him, for the most trivial reasons. He never hurt anyone from the village, nor did he ever insult. yet he was quite dislike by a number of members from the community. None of them knew his history, no one remembered the ancient man, the old and powerful Dr. Nikolaus Oehlberg, the genius from ONI and eventual destroyer of the flood through suicide squads of humans with specific genes that destroyed the flood who infected them. No one remembered him as the young and powerful man who altered his own DNA, who mingled with the Sangheili, the Elites. No one Alive anyway. There were rumors of certain A.I who remembered him. Even some Forerunner A.I. which everyone doubted. It was once rumored that he had conspired with a Gravemind. It was true, of course, but no one knew for certain, other than the man himself of course. It was said he had befriended a Dragon, but everyone knew that Dragons weren't real, the things of myth. How little they truly knew, about this ageless man. He was truly quite marvelous. And Quite marvelously cursed with immortality. He had a wisdom that the Village Elders could never achieve. Would never achieve. He was the oldest, and smartest being known to man. Or rather, Unknown to man. It was also rumored that he could move things with his mind, or the flick of a wrist. Some thought he was a magician, others thought him mad. He was more likely the latter of those, but to them, he was something to be marveled, none of them knew his age, and even if they did, they would think it a lie. the children, of course, love to hear tales of the Old Man, he's an object of fascination to them. Where Fantasy meets reality. A man, but not really a man. His life was eternal, he would die when his very atoms would decay, which would be never, considering food replenishes them. This is the Prologue to his mid-life crisis. Again.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Planeswalker   an Estimated 437 Years in the future Icon_minitime11/12/11, 06:31 pm

I put down my head and bluish light streamed from my temples, the blood there was close to the surface, and my eyes. Knowledge and information streamed to and fro my head. I could not move, my body locked in a state of physical stasis. My scleras glowed with bluish light. Data streamed into my mind. Knowledge of all that came before, the Precursors were calling me. Power and Ascension, these words echoes in the void that was my mind. I was no longer human. My genome had changed completely. I no longer had within me the catalogue of genetic material that held all that was human and earthly. From the nucleotides of the Sangheili to the Nucleotides of the Precursors. My discovery as a child, in my human days, was phenomenal and now I know it was pre-determined. My fate was twisted.

All that I had known. All that I used to be. Gone. I had seen the future. The days of end. The days of a new dawn. Entropy was building. The energy for this system was running out. I knew that a shield lay near the core. I knew that the blasphemous Forerunner had built it. Built them. Built those Rings. The destroyers of the Precursor legacy. The Destroyers of their buildings and their knowledge. I wished to see all that was Forerunner replaced. Destroyed. I wished that the Precursor arrangement would once again be made. Plans were already made to destroy the shield world. So too, were plans to destroy other shield worlds. The rings themselves would be destroyed. I would make sure of that.

The power of the Precursor still existed. I knew of one still in existence. Forever apart, forever untouched.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: an Estimated 437 Years in the future   an Estimated 437 Years in the future Icon_minitime03/01/12, 06:28 am

A series of Events have happened that have been recorded in manuscripts written by the Old Doctor. These manuscripts mention the following things:

The return of Ashley, from her unknown adventures. No one alive today knows who she is, or was, nor do they know why she is mentioned in the manuscripts, from what todays scholars think. They believe her to be of somewhat little importance, since very little is written about her. However the Scholars fail to notice what is not actually in the manuscripts. That is what speaks volumes of her importance.

A planet by the name of Zephyre is also mention. Something about a friend of the Doctors living there, as well as a Spartan named Draco who had gone there in search of someone of grave importance. But the manuscript never says who it is. The manuscript also speaks highly of Draco, so scholars believe that he had a great amount of respect for the man.

The plight and fight of one Dormii Mali et Fortunii, the dual personality. Quite a bit is written about him. The things not written about are how he died. But today he is used as an example as to what a terror in the night can be. He is also described in a fairly high amount of detail, especially concerning his biology and psychology. This, the scholars can only guess at.

Many other names were mentioned, but the Scholars paid very little attention to them. For they thought they were people of myth, and were simply used for story telling. Among the names were members of the 808th, a group of people who are still thought to be legend and represent a strange part of the Covenant. But many names are honoured, and some are shown to be monsters. A "Xazhi" was mention several times, but no opinion on the man was ever drawn, but he seemed to play an important part in the fall of the UNSC.

It's mention in the Manuscript that A shield world built by a jealous Forerunner builder was destroyed. It describes the destruction in such a way that it seemed as though everyone who lived there deserved their fate. Even one "Jason Shephard" who is described bleakly as a terrible person and corrupt leader. However, scholars believe that the Old Doctor is biased on this, but they have yet to decipher why.

A Joshua Torres is mentioned, but translating the Old Doctors manuscript becomes especially difficult in that area, so many scholars have yet to learn about him.

A "Matt" is mentioned many times with the words "Dragon", "Changling", and some words that were obviously meant for a more advanced state of mind. Something about the Biological and Neurological interface between receptors of some unknown appendage or part of the human body, the Scholars could never decipher what it was.

A "Zeru Ishtar" was also mentioned, his real name unknown and forgotten. But scholars have found an ancient name related to it: Zeru-Ishtar (Chaldean) The chief or high priest of the Chaldeans, also called the Magian hierophant.
As well as Zara-Ishtar Thirteenth prophet of the Desatir. But other than that they have no knowledge of the name. They do know that the Doctor made several mistakes in the "Creation of the Perfect Soldier" one of which, one of the major ones, was not completing his work. Another was not putting in the Logical interplanar analysis integram, which no one knows about. They don't know what it's function was nor what it looks like. As for anything else, it's all scientific and far beyond what todays scholars understand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: an Estimated 437 Years in the future   an Estimated 437 Years in the future Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

an Estimated 437 Years in the future
Page 1 of 1