Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Harbinger

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

The Harbinger Empty
PostSubject: The Harbinger   The Harbinger Icon_minitime15/12/11, 04:36 am

This is the story of what happend to Torres after his departure from earth and what he was doing during the main story arc. We catch Torres on a earth like planet of Terra -E85 in the outer rim of the Milky Way galaxy surveying an old artifact of what seems to be of pre-forerunner origin. Torres, Lance and his team consisting of scientists and soldier have just found an underwater structure and has begun escavating the area and have gone deeper into the structure. Meanwhile Lance's ODSTs are on Night's Calm in space awaiting for further instructions. We find the main team in a large compartment about 1000 kilometer under the sea.

=Leading Scientist Carl Semons is looking at some figures on the wall of the area=

"Hmm interesting..."

Lace- It all looks like a bunch of crap to me, I mean what kind of writing if this. If it is writing.

Carl- Look boy, just because you can't see the history and wonders of this place doesn't make this all mumbo-jumbo.

Lance- Heh mumbo-jumbo. What time are we in.

Enough, Carl this seems to be like a door. Any way to open it.

=The scientist look at where Torres is standing and see the giant slate of wall with a crease in the center. He look around the object at the markings. He quickly takes ot his datapad and looks through it. then slowly puts it away=

Carl- It seems that there should be a switch somewhere on the wall, or maybe a panel. You might want to try touching the surrounding walls.

=Soon everyone in the room start to touch the wall save Torres, Lance, and Carl. Lance takes a glance around and sees something interesting. He goes to investigate=

Lance- Hey Commander come look at this.

What is it.

=Torres and Carl head to Lance's location=

Carl- What are we looking at Trooper.

Lance- Can't you see it.

Carl- Has being in this place affected you this much?

=Lance makes a small gruffing noise=

Hmm, interesting.

Lance- Yeah, ya see it don't ya.

Carl- What is it?

The refelction here..it's off.

Carl- Relfection but it is just a solid wall....oh wait a minute.

It's a mirror...one way it seems that it built to look like the wall. Lance.

=Torres grabs Carl and takes him a couple steps away=

Carl- What are you doings?

=Lance grabs his shotgun from his back and aims at the mirror wall. A small crack is made but no significant damage=

Lance, back away.

=Lance backs up as Torres aims his weapon. The hum of the spartan laser is heard then a bright flash of red light followed by a blast=

There.

=A hole is made in the wall. The spartan laser melted the mirror, creating a large hole. Lance walks up to it and peers inside=

Lance- OH!

=A switch is heard on the far side of the room by the large door. Lance steps out and sees a weird look on Carl's face=

Lance- There was a small room in there with a tablet. Had some wierd signs on it, found one that looked like the one above the door and pressed it...Soldiers luck. Ha!

Carl- Yes luck, well done.

Agreed.

Carl- Everyone you may proceed...with caution may I add! Shall we head in.

Lance- I think we shall.

Lets.

=The three follow head through the door into the pitch blackness beyond the door=

Last edited by Josh on 19/12/11, 07:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wanted title change)
Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

The Harbinger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Harbinger   The Harbinger Icon_minitime19/12/11, 07:18 am

The image of a familiar man is seen. The view sweeps around to see the metal walls around them. Everything is a blur and they move further into the complex. The figures seem to be in a rush, they are contantly looking behind them. The scene changes to a fierce firefight, I see part of a gun aimed at a dark hallway. The holder begins to fire into to abyss, the sound of echoes clanks are heard in the distance. The wielder whirls around in a mesh of images as he battles on.

"GET UP! Commander Torres grab the doctor, hurry!"

Who is this Torres I wonder. And what is going on...who are they fighting? My questions go unanwsered but I see hands grab a older man and supports him with his shoulder. They continue on, a bright flash blinds the view and soon appears something new. They are in some sort of chamber, blue neon light flash on and off. The screen fluxuates left and right. There seems to be a smaller group than before. The hue of the room changes as I take off something from my head. A loud bang is heard when it hits the ground.

"Torres, there seems to be an escape hatch over here."

The familiar voice spoke. Then a more harsh voice took over.

Get them out of here, I'll hold them off. Get back to the ship. NOW!

The young man nods and leads the group off. A lound ringing noise takes over. I blink trying to regain my composure as the ringing stops. The view changes to something horrifying. A large metal maching hovers above my vision, I feel the images move down to someones chest. I could see someones armor, but it was damged beyond repair. There were holes in it with blood flowing out, everything fogs up and blends in a storm of color, then I am facing the machine again. There is a bright light coming from an attachment on it underside, the sound a faint muttering then another loud ringing. My eyes subconciously move to a window like wall where a big metallic orb is seen floating in the ether, the rigning gets louder as the orb flickers on and off rythmically with the ringing. The orb takes one final assault on my retinas and the light reach them only leaving a blank slate of white. I soon can feel my mind fading as time passes. Who was this person, why was I seeing this and what happend to him? My mind fluxuated between these questions and more. I open my eyes and they are quickly closed from the bright light, I start to blink so I could focus better. I take a glimps at my surroundings I seem to be by a small pond with tall trees with leaves just at the top. I take a look at myself, first my hands, then my chest, at last my legs and feet. I seem to be wearing clothes that were unfamiliar to me, can't wrap my head around how I obtained them. I put my hands down and felt something cold where my right hand had landed, I looked at the object. A pistol, I picked it up and held it in my hands, felt familiar. I stood up to get a better udnerstanding of my surrounding, I quickly understood where I was, I could see the brown hue of the sand that enveloped around the trees and pond, but this wasn't a pond this was an oasis. My mind rushed around and I quickly became dizzy, I akwardly moved the fountain and drank some water. It was cool in contrast to the heat the attacked my from above. I watched as the water came to a stand still. I saw a man, who was undoubtly me but I did not know this face. These facial features did not ring any bells, the mysteriously dark amber eyes to the dark brown hair that marked this face, it was all....alien...My thought had quickly stopped scanning my mind for my first questions and now was centered on one that seperated itself from the other.

Who am I?
Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

The Harbinger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Harbinger   The Harbinger Icon_minitime27/12/11, 05:32 am

The setting: Far from the oasis, sun is beaming intensly in the morning sky. Deep imprint are left in the endless ocean of sand venturing further into the empty void of what seems eternity.

The day has barely started an my body is already lagging behind and judging from the placement of my shadow its around eight in the morning..how do I know this...This time, this measurment of the notion of light and dark. These thing I know but don't know how I know them. It confuses me to no extent how much mystery my mind holds. Like how I knew to make a pouch out of the leaves from the surrounding trees at the oasis to carry my life source. Remembering back it seems that even though I found myself lost, I had come quite prepared, I found a bag full of usefull item, a knife being one of them, some first aid supplies and what I have come to realse is a compass of some sort, where it is pointing is beyond me but I feel the neccesarity to follow its direction. There I go again geting lost in a stranger's mind, sometimes I wonder if I am really thinking this or if I am saying this out loud...It's not like I am alone or anything...

=some shuffling noise is heard behind Torres=

There it is again...ever since I left the sanctuary of water this thing has been following me non-stop. I don't feel a hostile presence since it hasn't attacked me when I was sleeping in the unrelenting chill of the night, it's an observer. But for what reason. That is it, when night strikes I will find out what this thing is. On the other hand I need to find some sort of subtance if I am to survive and longer, hopefully my fan is made of meat.

*takes a sip from his pouch*

Ah that feels good. Seems there is going to be a sandstorm soon from the looks of the huge mass heading for me. That will be my chance to stri.........Aahhh what the heeeeeeeeeeeeelllllll!!!

=The sand under Torres's feet begin to spiral around him in a gust of force. Torres is swept closer to the center of the spiral as time escapes under his feet.

What the hell is going on, what the hell is that.

I look deepeer into the sand twister as it scratches my face and see something unexpected. One large black orb was peeping out of the sand...Staring at me. It seems that I am caught in a predators trap. I would curse at myself at the moment but getting out felt more important. I quickly turned my body around and strated to claw my way up out of the sand funnel. I could my escape getting closer as I neared the top, but it seems that my emotion having an opposite effect as I felt the pressure of the creature as it brought the sand down faster around me causing me to slide with it. I turned my head around to see my foe, the eye was there but with it trying hard to get me closer to it it had come half out of its trap. I could see his...well what I would take as two of his legs dragging sand behind it to make my escape impossible. I grabbed the side of my belt to get my pistol, I unhatched it and took aim for his eye. I held my breath so I could focus...almost there.

Shit.

As I was about to pull the trigger what seemed to be a smaller version of my adversary hit the gun out of my hand and swam back into the sand. I soon realised my surrounding as I could see the little ones circling me in the sand...Now I knew how my climb was become harder to maintain. Time was running out and I had to think fast. My knife...the only weapon I had. Thirty different scenarios entered my mind, with only seven of them had me making it out alive..one without a my getting harmed. I prepared myself for my inevitable lunge.

3....2....1!!!

I lept into the air with all my might aiming for the bug's vital point...It's eye.
Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

The Harbinger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Harbinger   The Harbinger Icon_minitime03/01/12, 05:15 am

Code:
 Log date: It has been three light cycles since the organic has appeared on the shield world. It wonders what the maker has planned in her circuitry for this simplistic organism. Note: The organic seems to be carbon based with more than half of its substance made entirely of liquid product. His need to sustain himself with the life liquid is annoying. The organic has not chosen to leave its "safety zone."  I wonder when he will tire and leave.

Code:
 Log date: It has now been a seven light cycles since the organics arrival and it has finally decided to leave the area of is safety. This one is smarter than the rest that have fallen here. Using his barbaric weapon and some supplies from his very simplistic holding material, he has made an object that can contain the life liquid on his path into the "death zone." I wonder how long this one wills survive.

Code:
 Log date: It has been three more light cycles since this organic has started his path outwards. I have been monitoring from an unnoticeable distance as to conceal myself from this one, observing his every move. Ponder: How can one sleep on this substance and not worry about the insectoid creatures that live in it. I will never understand this organic, but then again as I scan there are no heightened objects that can be deemed safe.

*!!!*

Code:
Scans have shown a large entity trailing our organic. This is not good, this does not go well with my programming. Calculating..... Done...Danger! Danger! The organic has deemed it necessary to engage in combat with the danger. Calculating....Done. My information tells me those there seven scenarios that will show the organic exiting safely, two where he will sustain no damage to his shell. Our harbinger must not perish.. I have approved of my course of action, it will now input its logic to action..

(note that this calculating has taken some time)

Time slowed down at what seemed my only option to survive this event, my target moving closer into view of my strike.

Almost there.

I placed my hand above me as to get enough power to lunge this knife into the creature’s eyes. I could already feel the steel thrusting into the warm feeling blood of my adversary. Then as if there is a higher power involved, I feel my pleasure being taken from me. I could feel the pressure on my body as my shirt is tugged into the sky. It came to my realization that something was carrying me, but for what reason. Was I just some meal taken by one predator for another or was this thing helping me. I turned my head to see what was carrying me, then as if a trigger my mind went back to the dream I had of the dying man. The machines that stood before his ultimate fate, but this thing was smaller...Much smaller. The thought crossed my mind if I should communicate with this thing, but I let that though vanish and waited to see what my fate was...especially since I was about 300 meters above he ground. After about 20 minutes of in flight I decide to leave the fortress of my thoughts and figure I should look around and see what my surrounding looks like. To my amusment when I opened my mind I saw a group of circular object in the near distance and it looked like we were getting closer. As we neared I could start making out some details of these object. The closer I got the more they looked like containment building with little to no windows and another thought entered my mind.

Code:
Ponder: Why has the organic not used his vocal communicators’ yet.

Did this thing just speak to me...? I felt it rude out of necessity to not answer no matter how confused I was.

I felt it unnecessary to speak until I have landed.

Code:
Obvious: It would think that if it was captured that it would try to open a link to it captor.

I will take that into consideration next time. So when are we going to la....

Code:
We have arrived at our destination.

Rude.

Where are we?

Code:
We are at the desired safe location, there is no more information that this one can give.

Why did you bring me here?

Code:
Obvious: The organic one was in immediate danger, through my calculations you had a fifteen percent chance to succeed. Two percent chance to come out unharmed. I saw thee in danger and it took immediate protocol of safety.

What do you mean two percent?

Code:
Obvious: Your chance at survival, organics are quick to not see the immediate repercussions of their actions..or so I have been told.

Told by whom?

I noticed the machine's flinch as I said that.

Code:
I have said too much...

What?

Code:
Shutting down.

I watch as I saw the machines blue hue faded to the same color as its silver-grey metal. I guess it was time to check this place out before the storm hit. I looked at the machine and thought if I should bring it inside with me so I walked over to it and picked it up. Surprisingly it was lighter than I had anticipated, at least 20 kilos. I walked neared what seemed to be an entrance to one of the building, it opened almost immediately.

The power still works.

I set the machine aside by a something similar to a table and looked around for clues to where this place was.
Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

The Harbinger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Harbinger   The Harbinger Icon_minitime07/01/12, 07:07 am

I woke up to the sound of the sand viciously hitting the outside of what I have come to call my "shelter." I haven't found much since I have arrived two days ago, and it seems that this sandstorm isn't going to subside anytime soon. I was glad though, I found this substance, which seems to have a goopy subtance, in one of the containers by what I would assume is the kitchen. It has no taste but it seems to be nutricious in a whole, which I am glad since eating a spoonfull fills me up. I find my head facing the machine which has been, as I take it, dead. It hasn't moved since we arrived here, wonder why. I head toward where I keep my supplies by the bed and begin searching through them. I found what I was looking for, my canister I made to hold the water I grabbed from the oasis. I picked it up and looked at it in the light then I carefully tipped the canister toward my mouth, hoping to savor the water as it dripped down my mouth.

*crash*

The whole building shook with that sound.

What was that?

Code:
DANGER! DANGER! DANGER!.

As the shaking subsided I realised that the machine had woken from its slumber and started flying in a circle rapily in a panic.

Code:
DANGER! DANGER! There seems to be a huge signature outside of this facility proceed with immediate caution!

The machine turned to me but there seemed to be something new with it, there was a screen just below what I took as it "eyes." I watched as a large long red blob was hitting this....Facility!? I grabbed the machine and brought it closer. Must be the thing I had tried to fight earlier, annoying bastard isn't it. Facility, why did it say facility?

Facility? What do you mean facility. I thought that this was just some camp of shelters.

The machine exited its panic mode and became normal once again.

Code:
Oh this one has heard me...Shutting down!

No wait!!...

I was too slow it was already shut down. Akward though, it just woke up from the danger and then withough faulter is turned off...Wonder what this place really is.

*drip.......*

What was that?

*drip....*

There it is again.

I scanned the room looking to see where this sound was eminating from. I panned my eyes from left to right on the floor till my eyes stopped at something. My canister that held my water had spilt on the floor from the crashing of the creature that was outside. I examined it further to find something suprising, it seemed that there was a crease in the floor where the water fell through.

Hey scrap metal wake up.

I kicked the machine towards the wall, it made a clunking noise and then quickly turned on and rushed at me.

Code:
 HOW DARE YOU INJURE THIS UNIT!!

So there are more than one of you?....

It seemed the machine calmed down.

Code:
This unit is one of many, but this unit has aquired its own uniquness. Now why has the organic...put harm to this unit?

It seems that there is a secret hatch here and I was wondering if you could open it.

Code:
I will proceed with further examination.

There is no need for examination just do something.

Code:
Why does the organic think I can do anything.

Look we don't have time for this. Can you do anything or not.

Code:
The organics has assumped correctly, please step back.

I take a few steps back. Not taking my eyes off of the machine. I watch as a small white light appears at the center of the machines front. The light becomes an sphereical shapped, getting bigger as time passed. Then out of no where the orb fires a beam of light at the floor melting a whole in it instantly. The beam stops and I peer into the hole. It seemed that there was a flight of stairs under here.

Shall we proceed?

Code:
Affirmative.

I carefully jump into the hole so I don't touch the super heated sides and to not make a mistake and fall down the looming stairs. I hear the machine follow.

Machine...machine.

What is your name.

Code:
Please repeat.

Does this machine in front of me have a classification.

Code:
I am mearly a reconnaissance drone.

Really I fail to see that.

My mind remembers the beam.

What is this units name.

Code:
If you are refering to my model date..

No what the hell do I call you, besides machine.

Code:
The organic posed a unique question that my core has not processed yet...

So you don't have a name?

Code:
We as unit do not talk to each other through your feeble classifications, we simply understand. One does not receive a name upon setup. We are just...

Well this is now and I need to call you something. Machine is too bland, too..

Code:
Unorganic?

Yes.

Code:
Processing....One who chases gooma.

What the hell is a gooma.

Code:
Well a gooma is a sand beings that eats the secreted substaince from other much larger creatures.

I stopped on one of the steps as it said this.

Nevermind I will just call you R.A.M

Code:
What does that imply.

Random ass machine. I would have added a pain in my ass and scrap metal but that wouldn't make sense.

Code:
 RAM....Approved, this unit will be called RAM for the duration.

At least we have that settled.

Code:
RAM wonders how the meatbag's mind can come up with such a name.

Meatbag?

Code:
Correct, I have come up with a classification for the organic since it did so to this unit.

Don't call me meatbag, it's....unethical.

Code:
Unethical....this word does not register.

Forget that just call me...

My mind flashed to a very familiar picture. The foggy mist of my mind showed me a pile of papers, there was words written on them but I could only make out one..Orion.

Just call me Orion.

I continue down the dark stairs wondering where it will take me.
Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

The Harbinger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Harbinger   The Harbinger Icon_minitime04/05/12, 04:33 am

I continue my decent down the murky stairs. They seemed to go on for a while, but the darkness had the effect of time loss of gain, depending on the situation. Continuing down the stairs the smell became different. It became cleaner.

The smell is becoming cleaner. Weird.

Code:
This unit has no application for odor recognition. Why has thee made this assumption?

Is this unit curious.

A smirk came across my face.

Usually when heading deep into a cave or underground facility that hasn't been attended to, the air would be more stagnant. Or the same, it wouldn't just become cleaner, more fresh.

Code:
 This unit has scanned the air. From earlier scans this air is much more filtered than that of higher ground.

Thought you didn't have odor recognition.

Code:
Odor imply's this unit can, how do you organics say. Smell. This unit merely intakes a sample of the air and tests it.

Got it.

The good thing here was that the cleaner air meant that I was getting closer to the bottom. I soon saw a light shining through a hole which I take it was the bottom.

We are close.

I finally reached the bottom of the staircase. I take a position by the wall, getting ready for what is beyond the light. I take a peek in and see a white hallway filled with small neon light that make a line on the top of the wall. I walk in and take a look around. It was bland and empty, there seemed to be no inclination of any doors or life anywhere. I walked further down the hall and it ends up breaking into two directions. Left and right.

So left or right?

I turn to find R.A.M staring at me.

Well?

Code:
You would have this unit decide.

Well, you have, at least shown, that you know something about this place.

Code:
Configuring. Left.

Why left?

Code:
I chose a number between one and two hundred and fifty eight trillion. Odd was left and even was right. I chose odd.

Whaaa? If he had that set up that way wouldn't he have already picked left and used the number thing as a scape..nevermind.

So why that number, the trillion one.

Code:
That is my unit number and my favorite.

You have favorites. But you are a machine.

Code:
 This organic.

Orion.

RAM stares back at me.

Code:
This o.r.g.a.n.i.c. does not understand that this unit is far more capable that any machine.

Simplify then.

Code:
Not needed, we shall proceed left.

Roger that.

I go down the left pathway still trying to find a indentation of a door or something.

Bingo. Hey RAM can you open this door.

Code:
Affirmative.

I stand there looking at his emotionless body.

Well then, open it.

Code:
That would be unnecessary.

Why?

Code:
All of the time you have used to get here would have been for nothing.

And why is that?

I look at RAM and see some lights light up and it turns a little sideways.

Code:
This pathway leads to the elevator. And its only function is to the surface.

I could feel the anger heating up inside me.

What!? All the time I was walking down here and you never mentioned an elevator!

Code:
 This unit was not certain that the power was on. This unit did not see a reason to mention this to the organic since I was not certain that it would work. But now we know that the power is on, all is well.

ALL IS WELL! You piece of SH..

Code:
Danger certain. Powering down.

I watched as the drone's lights shut off and it falls to the ground lifeless.

This fu...

My anger was quickly changed to fear as I heard a noise nearby. I quickly turned around and faced where the noise was coming from. Forgetting RAM I headed in the direction of the noise.

*Shweep*

There it was again, but louder.

I made a right at the end of the hall and was this blue light emanating from an open door. The sound must have been the door opening and closing. It could be a trap or maybe not, but it was obviously someone or somethings way of getting my attention and they had it. I walked up to the door and rushed in not caring about the consequences. I didn't care. I wanted answers and I wanted them now. As I entered I hear this loud but calming voice of a woman around me.

Welcome. Commander.
Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

The Harbinger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Harbinger   The Harbinger Icon_minitime07/05/12, 06:15 am

My mind can barely register all of the information I took in a couple of hours ago. The wind felt good rushing into my body as I rode through the endless dunes of this planet. I needed answers and I was told where I would get them. I look down on the, what I called, a hover bike and pressed a button that brought up the map.

I have about 100 miles to go.

It was a good thing that his bike has a large energy cell or I would be stuck walking.

Code:
At our current velocity we should reach our target location in less than six hours.

I turned around and looked at the compartment behind me that held RAM.

Good to know.

I turned back around and focused on the journey ahead of me.

Quote :
Welcome. Commander.

I look at the rooms surrounding, analyzing while trying to find out where the voice had come from.

Why did you lead me here?

Cutting to the chase. I like that. You surprise me Commander. Many are frightened if they were in your place. But not you.

I do not have time for games. It is obvious that you are not here in person.

Correct.

Why do you call me Commander? I have no knowledge of ever serving a military.

But you have, tell me why have you not asked about me.

I see no point. I feel no harm or danger from you. You brought me here for a reason and saved my life.

Ah so you figured out the purpose of the one you call. RAM. Yes I sent him to watch over you. My decision was correct.

I walk around the metal room trying to figure this voice out.

Commander..ehh.

You want answers I assume.

I quickly turn to where the voice was emanating and without hesitation.

Yes.

[color=darkred]The truth will be revealed soon. But first I need you to see something.[/color=darkred]

I small orb appears on a opaque screen that I has not seen when I entered this room.

What is that.

A map of course. Your next destination to the truth.

What is there.

Ruins and the first in figuring out who you really are. Make haste.

Everything was a blur after that, finding this bike, grabbing supplies. I was getting more questions than answers, it was like getting to the end of a board game and having to start back a square one again. If this voice was right, then I can finally know who I am..and maybe who's memories I am having. The atmosphere has thickened. It was becoming humind....And now I knew why. I stopped the bike to overlook what I was seeing. I stopped on a large hill of a sand dune that had a clear overlook of what it held further out. The horizon was fluttered with green. Green as far as I could see in that direction and it seemed to go on forever in both directions.

What the hell is that?

RAM hand me the scope.

Code:
Ah we are reaching our destination sooner than planned.

I grabbed a scope from the now awake mech that was looking at our intended path. I put it up to my eyes and focus on the bland spec of color that had caught my eye.

Max distance.

The scope started to scan in.

Shit, so that is where I am headed. Can you see RAM?

Code:
Yes, this units is build for recon. Its scanners are of thee best.

Ruins.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Harbinger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Harbinger   The Harbinger Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Harbinger
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Roleplay :: Halo RP-
Jump to: