Please log in or create an account.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20
AuthorMessage
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:18 pm

With hands held high into the sky so blue,
As the ocean opens up to swallow you.

=i gather my things and go to the edge and look down, as if i was going to jump, but really to just climb down=

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.

Don't walk behind me I may not lead
Don't walk in front of me I may not follow
Just walk beside me and be my friend

Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Index14Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Index14Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Index14
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:19 pm

I kick the door open, determined to wear off the mornings enthusiasm. It makes a clang as it hits the concrete
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:22 pm

=i turn around as i hear the clang and almost fall off the building, but i recover my balance=

Um, good morning?

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.

Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Index14Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Index14Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Index14
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:22 pm

I half-smile at him and walk over
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:24 pm

Uhh, don't kill me I'm unarmed? =i hold my hands up in a mock surrender, ensure as to what Jay is going to do=

Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:25 pm

I cast a quizzical look in his direction

Why would i kill you? You haven't done anything.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:27 pm

=i drop my hands= I almost did, last night. To you, and to Zeru. Although Zeru was more of the hold-a-knife-to-throat action.

Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:28 pm

No you didn't? You never even came close to touching me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:29 pm

=I wake up and go to the small empty pool behind the hotel=

Me: Ahhh.. this is what vacation is

=I lay on a deck chair and relax=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:29 pm

=i shake my head= It doesn't matter. I was going to, when you already said no.

Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:30 pm

I hug him

Don't think about it. It's in the past.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:32 pm

=i hug back, softly= But with me, the past doesn't always stay the past. And that's why I am worried.

Last edited by BullHorn on 28/05/11, 04:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:33 pm

I kiss him and point at a ridge in the distance

Meet me there around 2-ish. I promise i'll make it up to you
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:35 pm

(I get a Mongoose and drive to the hotel)

This is the well within the Mongoose's job description

(I go inside and strip to my fatigues)

Much better. I forget that armor pinches sometimes

(I look around and see Snow relaxing)

He's got the right idea

Last edited by BlackHammer on 28/05/11, 04:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:39 pm

=I hear the motorized vehicle and look toward its way=

Me: What is going on, where have you been? Pop a squat.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:43 pm

@Anog wrote:
=I hear the motorized vehicle and look toward its way=

Me: What is going on, where have you been? Pop a squat.

(I nod toward Snow) Just thought it was a bit lonely on the ship, so I thought it best to come down here.

(I look up at the sky) A lot has changed since I was last here. Of course, that was when I dropped from the sky for a living.

(I sit in a chair next to Snow) My best vacation, and I don't have to take a house call. (I laugh)
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:46 pm

Ok. =i kiss her again as she leaps off into the trees= =to myself= Dormii Fortuni, you better do everything you can to not mess this up. You may not survive it. Yes, mom. =i laugh to myself and head downstairs, out to the pool=

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:46 pm

=I chuckle a bit=

Me: Well this is my first vacation, so lucky you.

=I two beers from the cooler beside me=

Me: Want one?
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:49 pm

@Anog wrote:
=I chuckle a bit=

Me: Well this is my first vacation, so lucky you.

=I two beers from the cooler beside me=

Me: Want one?

(I look at him and smile) Thought you'd never ask.

(I take one of the beers)

(I raise mine) To the best time of our lives.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:50 pm

=i walk out to the pool area where Snow and Marcus are= Hey, how's things?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:51 pm

=I clank my beer with Marcus' and see toss Dormii a beer=

Me: Not bad, this one is on the house.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:52 pm

=i catch it and look at it= And this is...?

Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:54 pm

BullHorn wrote:
=i walk out to the pool area where Snow and Marcus are= Hey, how's things?

(I look at Dormii) Not bad, not bad at all. Best time I've had in a couple years.

(I look back at Snow)

(To Dormii) You're looking at two of the happiest ODSTs alive.

"Ever since the project started, I've wondered if I had become a monster in the eyes of my team."-Warrant Officer Jack Micheals, S-150, GHOST-3

"All my life, I served with distinction, and became a war hero. Now I train those who will do that themselves."- MsSgt. Marcus Murand, ODST D.I.

"As a member of the Airborne's Jet Pack section, I was called crazy. As a Spartan-4, that hasn't really changed at all."- Mark Novak (Hawk), S-IV, Echo Squad

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps he hears a different drummer. Let him step to it, however measured or far away."--Henry David Thoreau

Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 20
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:55 pm

=I look at Dormii awestruck=

Me: You don't know what a fucking beer is? You have a lot of learning to do. Pop it open and drink that fucker up.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:57 pm

=i take the top off and take a drink. it tastes horrible= Seriously? This is beer? I always thought it was better tasting.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:58 pm

Me: Heh, it isn't the taste that your suppose to like

=I motion to a chair=

Me: Just sit down
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 04:59 pm

@Anog wrote:
=I look at Dormii awestruck=

Me: You don't know what a fucking beer is? You have a lot of learning to do. Pop it open and drink that fucker up.

(I look at Dormii, equally awestruck) Man, you have a lot to learn.

(I look at Snow) This is how an ODST relaxes. Its also how a Spartan should, too.

(I take a pull)(To Dormii) Just my opinion, but you have yours

"Ever since the project started, I've wondered if I had become a monster in the eyes of my team."-Warrant Officer Jack Micheals, S-150, GHOST-3

"All my life, I served with distinction, and became a war hero. Now I train those who will do that themselves."- MsSgt. Marcus Murand, ODST D.I.

"As a member of the Airborne's Jet Pack section, I was called crazy. As a Spartan-4, that hasn't really changed at all."- Mark Novak (Hawk), S-IV, Echo Squad

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps he hears a different drummer. Let him step to it, however measured or far away."--Henry David Thoreau

Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 05:01 pm

=i sit down with the almost untouched beer= So, what's the plan? Other than drink crappy drinks, I mean.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 05:05 pm

Me: I think it is Marcus' turn to make the plan

=I look at the skyline=
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 05:07 pm

BullHorn wrote:
=i sit down with the almost untouched beer= So, what's the plan? Other than drink crappy drinks, I mean.

(I take another pull) Nothing much. Just enjoy the fact that none of us are at each others throats.

(I look at Dormii) Its your call if you want to do something.

Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 05:10 pm

Not sure if we can really say that we aren't at each other's throats. I damn near killed Zeru last night.

=i drain the bottle in one pull=

Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 05:35 pm

BullHorn wrote:
Not sure if we can really say that we aren't at each other's throats. I damn near killed Zeru last night.

=i drain the bottle in one pull=

(I look) Look at that. You drank your first beer, Dormii. But, didn't I hear you had plans with your lady friend?

(I look at my watch) Its getting late, Dormii. Might want to pay attention to the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 05:39 pm

=I look at my watch aswell=

Me: Well, anyone up for a little stroll?
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 05:41 pm

@Anog wrote:
=I look at my watch aswell=

Me: Well, anyone up for a little stroll?

(I look at Snow) I sure am. I need to walk off this beer.

(I look at my bottle)*Man, will I have a hangover.*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 05:45 pm

=I finish the beer=

Me: I DO have a hangover..

=I get up=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 06:06 pm

=I check my armor clock=
So it is.

=I gather my things and head off towards the ridge-line Jay pointed at. As I go, I think of things, and not all are about Jay, or vacation. I begin to run, fearful that I might relapse. I manage to forget my past in the pure joy of running, unfortunately, I also forget where I am in relation to where I am going. I stop and climb a tree to find my bearings=

Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 06:33 pm

I sit on to the ridge and watch the planet. I notice time is growing on and begin to wonder where Dormii is.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 06:41 pm

= I find the ridge, and climb down. I start playing a generic chord and beat as I head in that direction=

Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 06:44 pm

I sigh to myself and stand up. I take one last look at the temple ruins i can see in the distance, noting their location in my head.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 06:47 pm

=I come upon the ridge, still playing the guitar. I start playing a little louder, to help someone know where I am=

Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/05/11, 06:49 pm

I look down at the sudden drop where the ridge ends. I take careful steps to the edge and turn around, placing my feet carefully as i begin to climb down

-------

https://roleplaycorner.rpg-board.net/viewtopic.forum?t=49
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm
Page 20 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20