Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Great Crusade

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Great Crusade  Empty
PostSubject: The Great Crusade    The Great Crusade  Icon_minitime04/05/12, 03:11 am

I wake with a disturbance as the alarm bells clank in my ears. I was so disoriented when I awoke when I saw everyone running out of the bunker with their equipment. The red flashing light struck me in the eye as I tried to strap my gear on. I grab the rifle I had been issued and ran outside, seeing people loading up weapons and hearing the crack of Flak88's and Artillery pieces firing on the armada of the ships that had been beaten back nearly 4 years ago.

I could see the landing craft circling around in the ocean, being bombarded by Artillery and Planes of all calibers. I take a can of ammo and put it next to a sandbag wall that had the best protection, right next to a Machine Gunner and 3 other Riflemen. I run back to get the Machine Gunner a couple more boxes of ammo as well as some grenades in case the Allies got close enough.

We can do nothing but watch and wait for them to gather their army, all down the seawall I could hear the clank of loading weapons and people running to positions. Until, suddenly, the fleet started to scatter and make its way toward the beach. The Allied ships began to throw their cannon shells toward us and I got down close to the ground, just hoping they are missing. I could see the Stukas start to strafe the boats as the charge ahead, one of the boats stopped in the middle of the water.

They were about 400 feet from the beach and a whistle blew, the weapons started to fire as the Linoleum Ripper's box begins to become lighter and sparks from the doors of the landing craft are seen easily. I cannot waste bullets until the enemy starts to get their boots on the sand.

The doors to the craft open and one immediately explodes in a fire ball, I can see the soldiers poor out of the boat and jump into the ocean. Some boats don't even make it to the shore and all the soldiers do is drown. The ones who do make it a way up the beach are cut down by the Machine Guns that give them no chance at all because of how much lead spits out of it at one time.

I try my own to stop the invasion as I take a couple of shots down at the beach, feeling ineffective with just a silly rifle. The beaches are quickly littered with bodies of former men. Medics try to patch up who they can, you obviously do not shoot at the Medics so they are fine. I could see a soldier running up toward the barbed wire with some explosives and I try to stop him, I fire two shots but hit at his feet. He is gunned down quickly after and another Engineer takes the explosives and sprints for the seawall.

I look out toward the large Battleships but I am interrupted by the large explosion of TNT as the dirt flies into the air. I regain my aim and start to fire at the soldiers who survived long enough to start pouring through the defenses. I reload my rifle, feeling defenseless with just a few bags of sand sitting in front of me and a .30-06-filled death.

The soldier next to me goes down as the blood spurts onto the sandbags in front of him. I toss his carcass out of the way as I begin to hesitate shooting at the advancing Infantrymen. The Machine gunner is cut down by two shots and I begin to doubt the protection of this area. A third person is killed and his body knocks down the wall of sandbags, I quickly decide to leave.

I scramble back to the more safe spot of a trench along with a couple other soldiers. I could see the Americans hopping over the defensive lines and clearing out the Machine Gun nests. One soldier raises his hands and surrenders, most of us continue in his path, including me. I am thrown out of the trench by American soldiers and told to sit by the concrete bunkers.

I watch out on the beach as more soldiers pour onto the beach. The noise had died down now, only a few cracks and pops remained. I sat there with my legs crossed realizing that they will teach about this day in the History books. It felt like it had happened so fast. The water had turned a distinct red color. The tide rolls in as it leaves dead fish, humans and lost equipment alike.

I pull out a piece of chocolate and nibble on it, thinking, "Wow, I kind of look kind of stupid."

I breath a sigh of relief that I am unharmed and I lay back to let my heart rate go down.

This is only the beginning.
Back to top Go down

The Great Crusade
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Roleplay :: The Rise-
Jump to: