Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1stLT Elizabeth Black

Go down 
+4
zeru
N
The Meta
The White Wolf
8 posters
AuthorMessage

1stLT Elizabeth Black Empty
PostSubject: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime04/06/12, 06:18 am

(Removed this so no one steals my shit. Peace out Herp-derp. Those who matter know how and where to contact me. Cheers!)

Last edited by Black Betty on 23/01/13, 01:15 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime04/06/12, 12:01 pm

I'm going to be honest. Long Role-play posts are very nice and all, but people don't read them. People are lazy and if you go past, say a paragraph or two, people wont bother.

Also there's a lot that isn't really needed in here. Stuff that's just nice to have but not really necessary. I mean sure, you've got to make your character in-depth but it's too long and people might come just to check information because they've forgot and then give up, all because your bio is so long.

Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime04/06/12, 12:43 pm

I have to agree with Skippy on this. Your profile is a tad bit excessive. And if your talking about the 55th, and your character's trainging, you might want to talk about my character a bit, considering the almost shared history.

Also, your history is a bit off. The glassing of Harvest and Operation:TREBUCHET happened way before your character's time as an ODST. You might want to consider editing that part.

PM me if you want my character info and any other valuable info.

-CossakHawk
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime04/06/12, 04:18 pm

I love this character sheet, it's thought out and organized. Almost as if you've done this before >.>
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime04/06/12, 04:50 pm

Legendarystory wrote:
I love this character sheet, it's thought out and organized. Almost as if you've done this before >.>

i think the person has and looks like giving u run for yo money
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime04/06/12, 05:03 pm

Boo wrote:
Legendarystory wrote:

i think the person has and looks like giving u run for yo money

Lol; It does indeed look like that, Boo. But that remains to be seen.

Last edited by CossakHawk on 04/06/12, 09:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime04/06/12, 08:59 pm

It seems as though it has been Copy & Pasted into this, it seems pre-planned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime05/06/12, 12:31 am

CossakHawk wrote:
I have to agree with Skippy on this. Your profile is a tad bit excessive. And if your talking about the 55th, and your character's trainging, you might want to talk about my character a bit, considering the almost shared history.

Also, your history is a bit off. The glassing of Harvest and Operation:TREBUCHET happened way before your character's time as an ODST. You might want to consider editing that part.

-CossakHawk

Aiya! Thanks for bringing that to my attention... I originally created this character to exist in the 2526 timeline and I completely spaced on that! Eesh! Rookie mistake, MB! Good job! (talking to self)

As for other comments it seems the biggest complaint I'm seeing as length... as if that's a bad thing... If people don't feel like reading the whole bio they can always ask me for a crash course... besides... In my experience most RP plot is usually discussed or brainstormed by parties involved and wouldn't in that conversation be where certain details could be hashed out and discussed?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime05/06/12, 12:32 am

Paarthurnax wrote:

Well, yeah? Duh... I have it saved in word... What else would you expect me to do?
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime05/06/12, 12:51 am

Black Betty wrote:
CossakHawk wrote:

-CossakHawk

Aiya! Thanks for bringing that to my attention... I originally created this character to exist in the 2526 timeline and I completely spaced on that! Eesh! Rookie mistake, MB! Good job! (talking to self)

As for other comments it seems the biggest complaint I'm seeing as length... as if that's a bad thing... If people don't feel like reading the whole bio they can always ask me for a crash course... besides... In my experience most RP plot is usually discussed or brainstormed by parties involved and wouldn't in that conversation be where certain details could be hashed out and discussed?

You make a very good point. Talk or PM some of the people on the site who can give you some constructive criticism on your character profile.

As for making you character profile in word...nice touch. I actually considered that myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime05/06/12, 02:00 am

My brain malfunctioned a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime05/06/12, 06:26 am

Legendarystory wrote:

Legendarystory pretty much summed up what I was going to say.
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime05/06/12, 12:43 pm

Black Betty wrote:
Paarthurnax wrote:

Well, yeah? Duh... I have it saved in word... What else would you expect me to do?

Well pardon me for being curious, ass-wipe.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime05/06/12, 01:02 pm

Length is good, but too long bores people. And that what you have to avoid. Break posts up, make them shorter. People are more willing to read them that way.

Oh and we don't plan RP plots. RP's don't work like that. We make ideas of where we want our characters to go, but mostly it's on-the-spot improvisation. That's why you should avoid too much length. Length can be a bad thing, if used incorrectly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime05/06/12, 08:56 pm

Paarthurnax wrote:
Black Betty wrote:
Paarthurnax wrote:

You say curiosty, I read snarkiosity... My apologies but your comment wasn't phrased as a question but a statement and by the way you wrote it, it sounded as if you were trying to say, that because I had it saved in word and had copy pasted it that, that was a bad thing... Next time try to phrase a question like a question and I won't answer snark with snark, k?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime05/06/12, 09:22 pm

Skippy wrote:
Length is good, but too long bores people. And that what you have to avoid. Break posts up, make them shorter. People are more willing to read them that way.

Oh and we don't plan RP plots. RP's don't work like that. We make ideas of where we want our characters to go, but mostly it's on-the-spot improvisation. That's why you should avoid too much length. Length can be a bad thing, if used incorrectly.

I'm sorry Skip, but I've been an avid writer in this entire RolePlay scene since you were still in diapers! The only reason long posts might bore someone, as you say, is if the post lacks real solid meat and is boring to read. I happen to be a good writer and I know how to keep a story interesting.

Additionally, to say that I shouldn't plan RP plot is, quite frankly, laughable. Yes I am all for improvisation and letting a thread go where it will based upon the posts of the characters involved, however without perhaps just a minor communication with all parties involved as to how the characters would be involved or some basic idea of where the writers would like to see the story go, then it can lead to random BS that starts to not make sense... In my experience if the writers involved aren't at least somewhat in tune as to what they'd like to see happen then a plot almost never goes anywhere... There is also the times where even when a basic story idea is discussed that the writers may end up taking it somewhere else entirely, and when that happens I'm all for it. I would never disrupt the creative process of myself or anyone else.

I get that you have some beef with people who not only write well but can also write well at length. However, it is part of any good writers job to be able to appeal not only to their audience but to their co-writers as well. I am very adaptable with my writing and can actually adjust my writing style to fit others should the need arise. When I get complaints from anyone I'm actually roleplaying with I'll consider further advisement and revision. Until then, however, I will continue to write whatever and however much my muse strikes me to do so.

I understand you are a mod, and are trying to moderate me, and I respect your opinion. However, in this case I have to disagree. So unless you are planning on banning me from being a member of this site simply because I write a lot, then I do not think we need to discuss this matter further?

Thank you for your time and understanding!
~Betty
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime05/06/12, 09:30 pm

I'm going to just file you under the bitch column here.

Honestly, i was simply letting you know how things worked on this site. But seeing as how you apparently know so much more than me, then i won't bother.

I mean really, you couldn't be much more ruder to people.

Be more careful of how you address the members of this site.

First and only warning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime05/06/12, 09:49 pm

Skippy wrote:
I'm going to just file you under the bitch column here.

Honestly, i was simply letting you know how things worked on this site. But seeing as how you apparently know so much more than me, then i won't bother.

I mean really, you couldn't be much more ruder to people.

Be more careful of how you address the members of this site.

First and only warning.

How exactly is trying to defend myself being a bitch? You were patronizing, condescending and talking down to me as if I was a child and didn't know anything about writing or roleplay... I apologize for taking offense, and I never meant any disrespect, but you seemed to not pay me any respect to start with... Respect and kindness, just like the interstate, is a two-way street... You cannot expect to get either without giving a little in return... For the most part, I have managed to get along with every member of this site I have come across... I'm a people person... I like people... I do not expect that to change simply because 1 or 2 people decide to not give me a chance to be their friend...
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime05/06/12, 09:55 pm

No. I wasn't being. You took it to mean that. You interpreted it that way.

Actually, my posts here? Was actually me just giving constructive criticism. Like i do to most new members posts.

But whatever, you jumped to the defensive, insulted me and talked down to me.

Honestly, congratulations. You're now the most condescending egotistical person on the site.
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime05/06/12, 09:56 pm

MMMMMMMmmmmmm, Im tellin Shaniqua bout dis shit!

1stLT Elizabeth Black Black-10
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime05/06/12, 09:57 pm

I fucking love you Xazhi. Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime05/06/12, 10:00 pm

Skippy wrote:
No. I wasn't being. You took it to mean that. You interpreted it that way.

Actually, my posts here? Was actually me just giving constructive criticism. Like i do to most new members posts.

But whatever, you jumped to the defensive, insulted me and talked down to me.

Honestly, congratulations. You're now the most condescending egotistical person on the site.

Score! Life achievement goal for the win! Do I get a certificate or a plaque or something? :P

Also you're probably right... So many bad experiences with past mods trying to flame me simply because they felt threatened by me... I sincerely apologize and I'll try not to jump to conclusions in the future... key word being try... I make no promises! Cause I'm a woman... I'm kinda moody... Especially round that time of the month... Just sayin'!
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime05/06/12, 10:03 pm

Yes, so am i. And i take great offence when people talk down to me because they think they know better.

And yes, don't let your past experiences come into here. And, honestly. Be glad you caught me in a good mood today.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime05/06/12, 10:04 pm

okay, ENOUGH. I'm requesting that an Admin lock this thread and delete any posts that aren't constructive. Stop fucking fighting.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime05/06/12, 10:05 pm

On the contrary Garth. I find that while the first few posts may have been, we both came to a resounding resolution.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime05/06/12, 10:08 pm

Skippy wrote:
Yes, so am i. And i take great offence when people talk down to me because they think they know better.

And yes, don't let your past experiences come into here. And, honestly. Be glad you caught me in a good mood today.

I'm sincerely trying to apologize here... Like full on penitence... So we can move past this and try to be friends... And you're slapping me in the face?
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime05/06/12, 10:10 pm

I read your apologies and accepted them. And again, you interpreted it that way. A lot of how i say things is in quite a cheery way. Just for future reference...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime05/06/12, 10:11 pm

Skippy wrote:
I read your apologies and accepted them. And again, you interpreted it that way. A lot of how i say things is in quite a cheery way. Just for future reference...

Ok it was the "be glad you caught me in a good mood today" that sounded almost like a threat. I'm sorry. I just don't wanna have to walk on egg shells around you... I hate doing that... It hurts! :P But seriously I am sorry... and I do hope we can be friends and junk! I like friends!
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime06/06/12, 11:32 am

Black Betty wrote:
Paarthurnax wrote:
Black Betty wrote:
Paarthurnax wrote:

You say curiosty, I read snarkiosity... My apologies but your comment wasn't phrased as a question but a statement and by the way you wrote it, it sounded as if you were trying to say, that because I had it saved in word and had copy pasted it that, that was a bad thing... Next time try to phrase a question like a question and I won't answer snark with snark, k?

>_<

I think we have a problem here...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1stLT Elizabeth Black   1stLT Elizabeth Black Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1stLT Elizabeth Black
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Roleplay :: Role Play Characters-
Jump to: