Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ARP Special Posting Permission

Go down 
+3
zeru
Draco
The White Wolf
7 posters

Give the ARP Posting Permissions
Yes
ARP Special Posting Permission Empty60%ARP Special Posting Permission Empty
 60% [ 6 ]
No
ARP Special Posting Permission Empty40%ARP Special Posting Permission Empty
 40% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

ARP Special Posting Permission Empty
PostSubject: ARP Special Posting Permission   ARP Special Posting Permission Icon_minitime17/09/12, 12:44 am

I want to make it so that people cannot post in the ARP unless they are added to the group.

My reasons for this are simple. The ARP is a completely different RP to any other on the site, and it relies hugely on character development rather than an overlying plot. As such, the people that are needed for this RP have to be ones that are good at developing their character. We cannot trust new members of the site to join up and just hope they are good with their character development. Also, the ARP was always meant for a much smaller group than the rest of the RP's, and other people just joining whenever they want ruins that too.

Obviously I would watch the other RP's and monitor who's characters are developing well and then decide whether to invite them to the ARP or not.
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: ARP Special Posting Permission   ARP Special Posting Permission Icon_minitime17/09/12, 01:13 am

Do not make this a complicated RP. This site is used to huge RPs that usually are open world, save for the RRP. The ARP is suppose to be small. It does not need a lot of people as long as it has a small amount of people who can post in it to develop their character.

Quality over Quantity.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: ARP Special Posting Permission   ARP Special Posting Permission Icon_minitime17/09/12, 01:59 am

poll is a counter to another poll so i vote no
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: ARP Special Posting Permission   ARP Special Posting Permission Icon_minitime17/09/12, 02:01 am

It isn't a counter to the other poll at all. This is me asking if my RP can have a certain permission attached to it because of it's unique nature in this site. It does not counter the other poll. The other poll would still pass and the ARP will be made visible and the MERP will be able to be posted without permissions.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: ARP Special Posting Permission   ARP Special Posting Permission Icon_minitime17/09/12, 02:16 am

the other poll was to see if all the rp's lost special permissions. This looks a lot like a counter to that one, at least to the part that effected your rp.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: ARP Special Posting Permission   ARP Special Posting Permission Icon_minitime17/09/12, 02:25 am

Garth wrote:
the other poll was to see if all the rp's lost special permissions. This looks a lot like a counter to that one, at least to the part that effected your rp.

No. it is not a counter. I explained why it isn't a counter in the response above yours. This is a RESPONSE to another poll that has passed.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: ARP Special Posting Permission   ARP Special Posting Permission Icon_minitime17/09/12, 02:28 am

The other poll said that no rps would require permissions to post in them. You are now asking for your rp to have these permissions in place.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: ARP Special Posting Permission   ARP Special Posting Permission Icon_minitime17/09/12, 02:31 am

Garth wrote:
The other poll said that no rps would require permissions to post in them. You are now asking for your rp to have these permissions in place.
#

Because of the special and unique nature of this RP in comparison to the others on the site, as explained in the first post.
Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

PostSubject: Re: ARP Special Posting Permission   ARP Special Posting Permission Icon_minitime17/09/12, 04:09 am

No offense but why must this become public? is there any member out there that wants to read the arp. I knew that the arp was hidden and I still dont care that it is. Yes this is a rp site and the member should be allowed to see all of the rps but with the few people here and the fact that those who wish to be in the arp are in the arp I dont see the point of this being an issue. If people are curious about it they would ask but those and if they are true and want to join the rp they would ask skip or any other major arper to see if they could join. The fact is either way, it being shown or hidden, it doesnt matter and its really not that big of a deal....to me
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: ARP Special Posting Permission   ARP Special Posting Permission Icon_minitime17/09/12, 04:24 am

Skippy wrote:
Garth wrote:
#

Because of the special and unique nature of this RP in comparison to the others on the site, as explained in the first post.

It is still an rp, still put under the effects of the other poll, and it looks a lot like you are trying to counter it. Not completely, just along the lines of how it effects your rp. The last poll stated, clearly, that ANY and ALL rps would no longer have special permissions, and now you are requesting that yours have them. It's unique, whoopie. It's still an rp effected by the last poll, which this is trying to counter party.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: ARP Special Posting Permission   ARP Special Posting Permission Icon_minitime17/09/12, 05:16 am

What, why can't I vote in this?
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: ARP Special Posting Permission   ARP Special Posting Permission Icon_minitime17/09/12, 05:56 am

You can't? the fuck? I've never seen that error before...
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

PostSubject: Re: ARP Special Posting Permission   ARP Special Posting Permission Icon_minitime17/09/12, 08:38 pm

The vote passes, 6-4 in favor of yes. Thread will be locked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARP Special Posting Permission   ARP Special Posting Permission Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ARP Special Posting Permission
Page 1 of 1