Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

War stirring up

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Justin
Member of the Community
Justin

War stirring up Empty
PostSubject: War stirring up   War stirring up Icon_minitime29/09/12, 11:18 pm

Spoiler:

It was November 4th. The day that should have gone right. The day that everything that could have possibly went wrong, did. We suffered, and every time we thought we would make it through, we got hit by another thing. My closest friends. My 'family'. They died in front of my eyes. No matter how much I blame myself, it will not bring them back. There was nothing I could do. There was too many. I am sorry.

Seventy two hours earlier-

We were called in to assist some squad that was being ambushed. I was in a MH-6 Little Bird, for easy landing and how agile it was, I guess. I was with Burnes. For the most part, he was the quiet one. He didn't talk much, but I liked it. He had my six, and I had his. That was all that mattered. Marless and Gratton were in a Humvee below us, to extract this squad while we gave support. With the Humvee's were the rest of our squad, and we were the second fireteam in it.

"Why the hell are we helping them? Our objective was the opposite way."

"This will lead up to our objective. We can use them too."

"They couldn't send in air support, or a tank or somethin'?"

"No, they sent us."

He got quiet again, and I sat there with my M4. I made sure it was ready if things went to shit. It was a cold evening, and it was raining pretty hard. We went over tall buildings, while the Humvee's went through the city. I felt sick inside. Only because I had a bad feeling about this mission. I looked down, and behind the helicopter, as I hung onto the side of it. I saw the Humvee's stop, and the helicopter slowly turning around. It was raining harder and harder every minute, it seemed. I was all wet, but I was use to it. I adjusted my position, mostly because my ass was numb. I heard Burnes cough. He wasn't use to the weather change just yet. It was cold every day, and colder at nights. I watched as the soldiers disembarked from the Humvee's. They went to follow a lead, or investigate. They wouldn't tell us much, but they told us to keep overwatch.

"Eyes on?"

"Nothing."

"Boring night, huh? How far is our objective?"

"Twenty klicks."

The pilot adjusted the helicopter so I could see the building they had entered. It was a normal two story building. I could see movement on the rooftop, but I was unsure what it was. I readied my M4, and held it by my side. I saw a man run to the middle of the rooftop. I picked up my M4, and aimed it at him.

"Contact, one man, rooftop."

Burnes looked backwards, and gripped onto the helicopter. The man on the rooftop picked up what appeared to be an RPG. He aimed it at the helicopter. As soon as he did, the door leading to the rooftop was broken down. A marine came out of it, and shot at the man. He dropped. Five or so marines came onto the rooftop. They inspected him, and then left the rooftop. A few minutes later, they got right back into the Humvee's, and we were off to our objective again.

Last edited by Justin on 03/12/12, 06:17 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Justin
Member of the Community
Justin

War stirring up Empty
PostSubject: Re: War stirring up   War stirring up Icon_minitime30/09/12, 02:47 am

We were about 17 klicks away from our new objective. Every few minutes you could hear the cries of the soldiers being attacked. We were told to go ahead of the Humvee's, and help them, being they cannot get through the city fast enough. I was extremely wet at this point. We were in the middle of a storm. I scanned the city. It was quiet, besides the gunshots you could hear in the distance in different places and the rain falling down. After awhile, I attempt to come in contact with the ambushed squad.

"Aero 3, this is Saber 2. We are 10 klicks from your position. How are you holding up?"

I feared the worst when they didn't respond. I would hate to go all this way for nothing. All the sudden, I heard gunshots.

"--- Saber 2, this is Aero 3. They're falling back -- We are going to re-position and hold off there. You need to hurry -- Major casualties."

I sighed. More of a relief sigh. We were almost there to assist. Five minutes went by. We were about five klicks away. The rain was harder. I got myself ready, as did Burnes, for when we landed and assisted the soldiers. I checked my ammo, swept off my wet uniform, and adjusted my ACOG scope, and held onto my grip.

"Saber, this is Saber 2. How far away are you from the objective?"

" ---- Saber 2, this is Saber. Setback. We are 10 klicks away."

As we neared closer to Aero squad, you could see a fire in the distance. It looked like one or two of their Humvee's.

"What were they doing this deep?"

"(Pilot) We got word that there was a few people building bombs over here. They went in to stop them."
Back to top Go down
Justin
Member of the Community
Justin

War stirring up Empty
PostSubject: Re: War stirring up   War stirring up Icon_minitime30/09/12, 04:31 am

"Saber 2, this is Aero 3. They fell back to the direction you are coming from. Watch the rooftops. Good luck."

We were about 30 seconds from landing. I looked around, and saw movement. I grabbed my rifle and scanned the area. Several men were lined up on a rooftop taking cover behind a railing. Several bullets would hit the side of the helicopter, and an RPG would nearly hit the rotor of it. I would send off a few bullets.

"GO, GO GO!"

The helicopter would land quickly on a nearby rooftop. Burnes and I would hop out, and the Little Bird would take off. I would reload my gun, and try to contact Aero squad.

"Aero 3, this is Saber 2. We are on the south rooftop."

"Saber 2, this is Aero 3. Copy that. We will make way to that building. How far are your Humvee's?"

"Two klicks, heavy resistance."

Burnes and I would set up our rifles and fire at the rooftop north of us, where we got shot at. A few shots got out, and then an RPG hit the building.

"GET DOWN!"

We would both drop to the floor.

"Where are the fuckin' humvee's?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

War stirring up Empty
PostSubject: Re: War stirring up   War stirring up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

War stirring up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Historic Section :: Modern War RP-