Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

(WZRP) Name project! I need help on making descriptions and locations of towns and some of the places

Go down 
AuthorMessage
N
The Longterm Poster
N

(WZRP) Name project! I need help on making descriptions and locations of towns and some of the places Empty
PostSubject: (WZRP) Name project! I need help on making descriptions and locations of towns and some of the places   (WZRP) Name project! I need help on making descriptions and locations of towns and some of the places Icon_minitime13/10/12, 07:13 pm

So here's whats what. I need help making descriptions and what not of these places, some fo them have descriptions already, so you can add to those if you want. (except northwind, that's basically completely fleshed out)

Starting from the bottom, there will be mountain ranges that stretch on for miles, some of which will form valleys most of the trees and game will be in some of these valleys as they will often have streams going through them, or waterfalls. There will be something akin to the Grand Canyon on the lower half of the map. We might end up using the grand canyon itself, but that’ll be decided later. as we move up the map (north) we will see more and more trees and wildlife.

Do not mistake this for something that is constant. Life, as you should know, revolves around water and water sources, these areas will have the most wildlife and plants. So for example, some towns will be located near a stream or water source, and some will be located out in the middle of nowhere, or so it’ll seem, these towns will more than likely have a water well.

Now, that’s all I’m going to say about the land for now.

Actually, no it isn’t, I’m going to list some town names that will be in the southern (mostly) part of the map:

Appaloosa, southern side of the map, has an apple orchard, it’s located southwest of Golden Sands
瑞星鎮 (Ruìxīng zhèn) , The town is located on the side of a mountain in the desert (south side of the map.)
Golden Sands,
Freedom,
Iyre,
Orangedale
Germantown
Hibernam
Dandalon, a small town
Towerstone, I really want to say this a hoity toity town, filled with posh people and essentially the rich and powerful.
Bakersfield (named after the family)
(Northern part of the map)
Corkeep
Blackbridge
Blackbridge
Esterfort
Mormarsh
Rosemere
Morview
Blueoak
Lightcrest
Belholt
Greyedge
Glassfalcon
Brightwald
Witchland, on the edge of the marshland/bog (easter side of the map,
Eriborough

Northwind, Windy town up in the northwest mountain range of “That Mountain”, it snows a lot in the winter months so the path up to it is difficult. The nearest town to it is Lightcrest, which is approximately 50 miles to the west of it. There is a winding road that connects the two towns. It isnt quite an Upper-Class town, like say Markarth or Skingrad. It's sort of a mixed town. Some Fruits that Farmers grow can only survive in the cold of the mountains around this area, and the same can be said for some of the animals who's furs and other products are desirable elsewhere (such as Sheep and whatnot). There are some Mines on the outskirts of town that dig up Gold, Silver, Iron, and Gems, and some for the Stone that makes up almost all of the city. However, the city's chief export is actually Textiles. The people of Northwind are known for being excellent Craftsmen and Artisains, and are especially known for the beautiful and extravagant designs in their quits and tapestries, as well as their actual clothing. Jewelery is also popular, but more as an export than as something the locals recognize as part of their area's culture. As a people, they are friendly, jolly, and welcoming, especially to friends old and new, and are always eager and willing to learn what they can.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f37/16/47/24/52/northw11.png
The Dark gray is Mountain, white is just flat (or relatively so) land, Light Gray is main road, and Black is City Wall. The City would be Structually similar to Markarth on the inside, and Aesthetically Similar to a picture ill link in a moment. The Main City inside the wall is the approximate size of Whiterun. The Brown thing is where the Stables would be. The Red is where the City Hall is (its underground in the rock, like Understone Keep in Markarth). The Greenish bits are Chasms. Roads leading over them are Bridges.
This is a visual example of what the outside of the City Hall would look like
http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Elder-SCrolls-Skyrim-Website-Markarth-Castle.jpg
Now, as for what the city looks like in terms of Architecture, I was thinking something along the lines of this, minus the obvious shit like the plants everywhere, the floaty thing, and the fact that the city is in the fucking sky. http://images.alphacoders.com/555/5551.jpg
To a much lesser extent, the outside of the town might look something like this, geographically speaking https://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/cowboy_josh/strange%2520and%2520beautiful%2520pics/calm_japanesefarming.jpg Farmers can grow crops out there, they just have to do so in many, smaller fields. Also crops that can grow fast are preferable, as winters are harsh. Things that grow on Trees, such as Fruit, are also popular as they can survive the winter months and produce more food almost as soon as the last of the snow melts.
Notable places:

Mt. Shadsworth
Kilimanco Valley
Serpentine Pass
The Long Road
Lonesome Valley
Death Valley
Muddy Mtn.
危險的山 (Wéixiǎn de shān)
山的悲哀 (Shān de bēi'āi)
That Mtn.
Antelopes Horn. (mountain Range)
Buffalo’s Fall (Mountain path)
Tears Fall (waterfall)
Fire Mountain/ 火燒山 (Huǒshāo shān)
Back to top Go down

(WZRP) Name project! I need help on making descriptions and locations of towns and some of the places
Page 1 of 1