Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run

Go down 
+11
TrashClown
117derek
K
Apothecary
Janitor
Doctor Deadpool
The Meta
Razgriz
Xion's Memory
zeru
Teria
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime20/12/13, 04:12 am

"Good. Abel, Kincaid! Go with Agraci and get that jumper to the Medevac, then hightail it back. Second squad, firing rockets in five." He keyed back in to Daniel. "We'll get your gal to the dropship Lampert. Now let's push the Covenant back."
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime20/12/13, 04:19 am

Markus and his squad filed out of the building, "I'm alive, Lampert. And so is the rest of the squad." He gave Alexia a pat on the shoulder, "Go with them, you're wounded, and don't give me any of the tough BS." He then motioned to Wolf, "You heard Lampert, hold the line!" and as one, the snapped into defensive positions surrounding the LZ, pouring fire onto the advancing Covenant.

He then looked to Daniel, "I have wounded as well. I'll send them with the evac bird." He sent a burst of fire at a squad of too eager Grunts.

He then gave Alexia the cue to leave, her only reply was, "Give 'em hell, sir." as she limped onto evac Pelican.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime20/12/13, 04:28 am

"Give them double what they've dished out people!" Daniel screamed, as a Pelican came screaming down from above in a controlled descent. It was the med-evac ship they needed, and Daniel immediately hailed it. "Med-evac this is Sergeant Lampert with wounded. Lock onto my coordinates and we'll clear you a landing zone." "Roger that Sergeant, we will await a landing zone."

In the meantime, sheer hell was rained down upon the Covenant, as missiles and bullets came down and tore into them. The force that was sent to take out the relay was all but decimated under the brutal aerial assault, and Daniel and the ground troops repelled enough of the Covies that a landing zone was clear, and the pelican landed. "Alright let's go! Wounded first!" Daniel cried out as the ramp was lowered.
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime20/12/13, 04:38 am

The Sabre flashed past the Medevac LZ.
"This is December One. Pulling out."
It pulled up...then Dragon Squad's comms crackled.
"Long and Dark December, out."

Leaving the battlefield...Siri was hailed.
"Uh...this is Lieutenant Campbell." The young voice said. "Uh...ten of us Helljumpers want to come back. We...we want to protect those civis, you see. And...well...you're the best way to get home. Waltari is going to hell."
Siri smiled softly. "Head to these coordinates. I'll have Requiem fly a dropship over."
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime20/12/13, 04:44 am

Alexia got to the evac ship as fast as she could, her pain visible on her face. Markus and the squad followed suit, firing as they went, and Lily said, "I'm out of ammo, cover me," and the squad obliged, providing cover. However, fate was just as cruel a mistress to Wolf as it was to Dragon.

A stray burst of plasma hit the sniper, Mitchel going, "Lily's down. Repeat...man down." Markus went to Jose, "Amigo...get her onto that evac ship. I'm not going to lose a man here." Jose nodded curtly and scooped up Lily, trying keep her alive.

I will not repeat Jericho VII, I swear it.

He pulled Lily onto the evac ship before it left. They were all determined not to leave anyone behind.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime20/12/13, 04:52 am

As the medical pelican hovered there, waiting for the wounded to get loaded up, two more pelicans landed close to it; their ramps lowered and dozens of marines ran out, moving to secure the area. Further out, tanks were being deployed while warthogs made jumps over rubble. "What the hell.....pilot, what's going on?" Daniel asked. "Word came down from command; they're going to move the field base to here, get as much protection around the relay as possible. A medical tent is being set up outside the city though, that's where we're headed."

Nodding (despite them not being able to see) Daniel and Chris helped get the rest of the wounded loaded up. There was room enough that they could get in as well, except for one thing; Daniel got off, and headed back to Oz's body. He couldn't bring him back, not on this flight since it was too full. But he did grab his friends dogtags. We'll drink later Oz, he thought, before heading back to the dropship and strapping in. "We're good to go." With that, the pelican rose into the air and made for the medical sight.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime20/12/13, 04:59 am

Markus and Wolf strapped in as well, Markus noting the look on their faces as the door to the dropship closed. Markus said, "Well...fate certainly hasn't been kind to either of us today, huh, Daniel." He didn't really have much else to say. He felt out of touch with the man and his squad, but knew all too well what it was like to lose your friends in battle.

There was no celebration for Wolf either. Jose settled down next to Markus, giving the old Master Sergeant a hand on his shoulder as a gesture of comfort.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime20/12/13, 05:07 am

Daniel could only stare at Markus, his expression unreadable due to the still polarized face-plate of his helmet. Inside he felt.....well, like someone had run him through. His friend was dead and another may very well be next; Lin was stable sure but with a blow from an energy sword there was always.....no, he couldn't think like that. Not yet anyway. He got on the horn with command. "Command this is Sergeant Lampert, requesting an update on the current situation. Have reinforcements arrived?" The response was immediate. "That is an affirmative Sergeant, nice work with that s.o.s. New ships have arrived in system, and they're giving the Covenant something to think about. No promises, but I think we may very well have ourselves a victory here." It was enough to make Daniel tilt his head back to rest against the headrest, as he sighed in relief. They may live after-all.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime20/12/13, 05:09 am

As the Pelican with Campbell and his squad lifted off, the December prowled the cloudbanks above the battlefield. Birtrell had linked them to Lin's bios, and so they quietly followed.
"Saoirse. Pelican recieved."
"Have Michael show them the barracks. Relieve them of weapons."
"Orders relayed."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime20/12/13, 05:48 am

Soon enough the pelican reached the medical tent. Well, technically it was called the Combat Support Hospital (CSH), and it was a series of tents formed into a camp for the wounded. They landed, and personnel helped unload the wounded. Daniel and Chris stayed with Lin, as she was carried on a stretcher to one of the tents.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime20/12/13, 06:03 am

Wolf filed out of the dropship, Alexia being ushered to one of the tents for the less serious cases. However, Jose helped her just to make sure she got there without thoroughly embarrassing herself. Markus traveled with Lily as she was taking on a stretcher to one of the tents. Markus simply prayed that she would live as personnel hauled her away.

Well...I just hope she stays alive. I just hope she does...
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime20/12/13, 06:42 am

Lin's condition was.....promising, to say the least. Since the cut was shallow, it didn't hit anything vital, and because the heat from the energy blade cauterized the wound there wasn't even any blood. However, the pain she endured from the heat and cut alone had been too much for her, and it made her slip unconscious. Thankfully, she'd make it (if the Covenant didn't bombard the camp of course) long enough to be shipped off world. In the meantime, while Chris stayed with her in case she woke, command had summoned both Daniel and Markus for a meeting. Command in this case was the ranking officer on the planet, Col. Summer, a grizzled veteran who was doing his damnedest to keep his men alive as well as keep a hold on Waltari. "Gentlemen I'll be brief," he said to the two of them as they stood across from him, a holo-table between that showed troop positions and enemy locations.

"Your actions over the past several hours have been nothing short but the finest example of what we need to win this war. Or at the very least, win Waltari." He was silent for a moment, as he looked at information on a data-pad. "I understand though that both your squads have....suffered for this win." Daniel could only nod, his helmet cradled in his arm.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime20/12/13, 06:48 am

Markus was equally as eloquent as his counterpart, a curt nod his only response. He was only slightly at ease by hearing Lily would be okay, but for the moment, completely out of it. Mitchell and Jose kept watch, and Markus trusted Jose to keep a good eye on her condition.

He was short both a sniper and his close quarter battle expert for the time being. He knew Daniel had suffered far worse than he had, which explained his overall mood.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime20/12/13, 06:59 am

Summer turned to Daniel. "Sergeant Lampert you have my sympathies for the loss to your squad. I'd send you back out there, but I understand you need some time to rest, that and that sending you back out there with a broken squad would be a liability. So I'm ordering you to remain here, stand watch over the wounded. As for you Master Sergeant," he said, turning to Markus. "Your squad is relatively intact, so I'm inclined to send you back out there. However, the good news is that more ships are coming in, big ones. We've got the Covies in orbit on the run, so we'll most likely mop them up soon here on the ground. So for now, both of you, grab some grub and get some rest, you both look like you need it." Daniel snapped off a salute, before walking out.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime20/12/13, 02:46 pm

By pure luck Kilian's injuries where not serious the marine body armour and a large portion of luck having spared her life. Though she did have three rather serious burns from the wounds. She gritted her teeth as a crude bandage was tied around her chest, forcing a smile Kilian made herself stand. The Insurrectionist where scattered, but they did have a fall back position to head to, a place to regroup, re-arm and more importantly gather replacement soldiers. The cave she had awoke to find herself in was damp and occupied by a dozen Innies. When they realised that she was alive and well, hope seemed to be restored to the battered warriors.
For the moment, their fight on this ice ball was over. They may have lost the battle but they could not lose the war. Not here, not now, this planet was too damn important for that. At least with the arrival of the UNSC warship it was a turning point in the battle or so one of her rebels had informed her. The ship would complicate things somewhat however it was beneficial for the moment providing the Covenant something else to shoot out. Whatever happened the mission had to come first, no matter the cost.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime20/12/13, 06:27 pm

Markus snapped his salute and followed Daniel out of the tent, and then got something on the radio. Markus snapped on his helmet, "Sir...it's Jose." Markus nodded, "Talk to me." Jose kept his tone as professional as possible, "I...have some news on Lily. And it's not good." Markus felt a knot settle in his stomach.

Markus, his tone slightly strained, asked, "Just tell me...is she going to live?" The line cut for a moment, and Jose came back and said, "She'll live...but she won't see combat duties again. I've seen injuries like hers, sir," His tone was strictly professional, "She's not going to walk, let alone fire a rifle."

Markus kept his fury buried, "Sorry...thought I should tell you that, sir. Bedside manner and all that BS. Jose out." His medic then cut the line, and Markus tore off his helmet, cursing vividly. Now he was short one, and replacements were few and far between.

Again...again I dropped the ball, and I lose another man to injuries. What's next...another goddamn promotion? Right now...all I want to do is retire.

He just hoped no one saw him blow up like he did.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime20/12/13, 07:18 pm

The first place Daniel went to, was the tent where Lin was being cared for. It was large, enough that twenty four people could be cared for inside as they were all laid out on beds that were little more than framework and a hammock. Unlike most hospitals, patients here didn't have the luxury of a curtain they could hide behind, and Daniel saw other injuries: men and women with fresh burns over their faces and bodies, yet to be bandaged. Some of them were missing limbs, either blown off, melted off, or cut off. Spikes still stuck out of some of them, the handiwork of the Brute spike weapons (which meant some of them were here apparently). More than anything though, it was the sound; the sound of the injured and dying, his fellow soldiers.....no, his fellow humans all crying out in agony as they suffered from wounds at the hands of an alien foe. His blood began to boil and he wanted very much to kick something over, slam his fist down into a wall, or even get his hands on one of the Covies themselves and rip it apart with his bare hands. But....that was something for another time, and certainly not here. Anger wouldn't do well in a place like this, only compassion, empathy. He found Lin's bed, with Chris sitting next to her. Lin's armor had been removed, along with her undershirt since the blade of the sword had cut through that as well. Garbed only in a medical gown, she was sedated with an IV in her arm pumping a cocktail of of sedatives and medications to deal with the burn. Her leg was bandaged up, but the medics told Chris she'd be fine, at least there. There was going to be a scar though.....two in fact. One on her leg, the other from the sword, one straight line that ran the path of the blade, from her right collarbone, through the space between her breasts and over her abdomen before ending at her left hip. Chris had tried to make a joke, saying that Lin wouldn't care.....she was never one to worry about how she looked.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime21/12/13, 12:04 am

As Lina got the Peregrine ready and Saoirse stowed a SOCOM pistol away, Rika stepped into the room where Lindsey Ryan was.
"Alright. You got two choices Ryan. Either we let you go and the UNSC forces here save you, or you stay with us. The choice is entirely yours "
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime21/12/13, 12:09 am

Lindsey frowned, her wrists sore from the binders that held them together. "I highly doubt that it is that simple... Why would the UNSC save me anyway?" She responded not convinced by the sudden offer.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime21/12/13, 12:36 am

"They wouldn't. So I'm offering you a place here. Rika said.

The Peregrine emerged from the clouds and flew close to the trees. Sneaking into the medical tents was not going to be easy, but it wouldnt be impossible. No, it just needed some finesse. The modified Falcon lurched a bit from some cold downdrafts but continued.
"Convoy of Warthogs heading to the compound."
"Fly close to the ground close to a drop point. Requiem, update my IFF to read as a cook from any one of the destroyed ships."
"Done."

Ten minutes later Saoirse limped from the woods. Jumping had been stupid but necessary. Cut and bruised and her ankle slightly hurting, she waved at the convoy. One 'Hog broke off and hauled ass. The passenger jumped down.
"Identify!"
"Selena Moriarty! I was a cook onboard the UNSC Appalachians! My lifeboat went down four klicks away. Covenant...they found us. I've been running ever since. A falcon managed to drop me a gun but was too full of wounded." She held her bruised side. Luckily it all was superficial and wouldn't really impact her after a few days. "Can I get a lift?"
The man motioned her into the back. She crawled below the gunner, and soon the Warthog joined the convoy again.
"One minute to base!"
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime21/12/13, 12:42 am

"On that we can agree" She answered before offering. "Cut these binders for me and then we will talk more about your offer I don't like a job offer where I am a little bit tied up" A little bit of Lindsey Ryan's humour showed through, though inwardly she was having a battle with herself. She was steadfastly loyal to the UNSC and she had always been that way, however the UNSC had basically abandoned her and such a betrayal was a cruel blow. Which had caused her loyalty to begin to fracture and waver.
On top of that there was the life debt she owed to the Spartans and the crew of the vessel that currently held her captive.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime21/12/13, 12:46 am

All Daniel could do was stand there, and look. A firm hand on his shoulder from Chris bade him sit down on one of the stools near her bed. All they could do now was wait.

In the meantime, the situation on Waltari was progressing well; UNSC ground forces had secured the relay and were using it to relay orders and information to the remaining forces that were elsewhere on the planet, and the newly arrived ships in orbit. For the situation in orbit, the battlegroup that had arrived, consisting of several frigates and destroyers led by a cruiser. It was starting to look like Waltari would be saved....at the cost of several hundred, perhaps thousands of lives from the military, not to mention the civilians.
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime21/12/13, 12:58 am

==Waltari, outskirts of a Human settlement==

=In a shelled-out diner, a young man awakens under a small pile of rock. His over-armor clothing is dusty and dirty, but not torn, and his armor itself holds fast. Slowly he rises, pushing himself up from the rubble and adjusting his helmet. His displays blink on, and he glances at the temperature. Why, he thought, was it so fucking hot on this planet? He missed the icy plains of his home. As he goes to stand, he is caught by a sharp pain in his abdomen that forces him to his knees with a grunt and underbreath curse=

Je tre fucent putois...

=Grabbing his side, he feels the warmness of blood. That's right, he'd been shot by something. What it was, he couldn't tell, some sort of flying pink light. He reaches for his rifle and crawls over to a window, looking out into the snowy street to see what looked like Humans. Trying to shout to them, he finds that he hasn't the energy to muster the sound. Instead, he opts to fire a shot into the ceiling...=
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime21/12/13, 01:26 am

Rika cut the bindings. "What do you say? Live free or die without any mercy?"

Siri held on as the convoy passed through the gates. A few warthogs diverted to the medical tents. Siri tapped the passenger. "Let me off. I need to see if anyone else made it."
The warthog pulled off. Jumping down, she thanked the crew and jogged through the tents before getting to the central one.
Slipping in, she waited, watching. Spotting an easy mark with a PDA, she tailed her into an adjoining room, then clamped a hand over her mouth and pressed her pistol into her back.
"Lin Tanaka, Dragon Squad. Location. I won't hurt anyone, just tell me where to find...my Lin."
The nurse was still. Siri dug the gun in. "Please."
Typing. Shown the info, she sighed. "Where is the extra uniforms."

Pointing, Siri saw the crate. She then raised the gun. "I'm sorry about your headache."
Knocking her out, Siri dragged her out of sight and changed. Stuffing her things into a bag, she quickly hurried through the mass of tents until she found Recovery. Finding the one Lin was in, she slipped inside.
"Shit."
Daniel and Chris. This was bad.
Turning the small chip with her short message, she stepped up behind them.
"This for squad members only, or can a nurse step in to check on her?" She asked, hand rightening on her pistol.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime21/12/13, 01:35 am

They heard the voice, a voice they knew all too well. How couldn't they? After all, they had been hunting its owner for a while before being reassigned. She wasn't seen doing it, but Chris' hand moved down for the knife in her boot, just in case. Daniel though, was the first to respond. "Saorise......today is not a good day for this."
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime21/12/13, 01:36 am

=A small squad of marines came rushing over to the young man, all pointing their guns at his face. They dragged him through the broken window and into the street, examining him. His armor was clearly not UNSC, nor was his Rifle, which he had just fired right near them. Maybe that wasn't so wise. The soldiers began shouting at him, and he didn't know how to respond. What were they saying? Was he in trouble? He had no idea=

Je suis... Je ne'm-ce Tasthom ce... Nen'tu aux hiilent ti, rois?

=After a few solid minutes of this unfruitful exchange, the Marines hauled him to his feet and began carrying him on their shoulders back towards what he could only guess was the direction of some sort of base. And of course they confiscated his rifle=

Last edited by ArbitraryByPolar on 22/12/13, 01:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime21/12/13, 01:40 am

"Just one minute Daniel. Just one minute. Please." Saoirse let go of her gun and raised her hands. "I love her still. And you owe me one. All of you at the relay owe me one." She said.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime21/12/13, 02:19 am

Markus wasn't in a good mood, and it showed. His expression was mix of anger, regret and shame. He didn't want to see Lily...not now. His mind was in too dark of a place, and seeing her as she was would just tip him the wrong way. For now, he'd just settle for wandering about the camp.

I'd willingly trade places with her. I'd rather be the one in the bed, not her.

His wandering took him into the recovery area, where he was greeted by the sounds of men with various injuries, none of it truly unsettling him. However, when he spotted Lin, his eyes were glazed over with blatant envy.

She'll fight again...whereas Lily won't.

And his face registered a bit of shock and surprise, but didn't bring up his gun. He decided to do the gracious thing, and swallow his pride. He placed a hand on Daniel's shoulder, "Daniel...the dead don't like it when you mope about." He said in a kindly tone, "You've honored the dead. But you still have a duty to the living." He gave one of his rare smiles, "And besides...we do owe her a bit of debt for saving us."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime21/12/13, 03:08 am

Daniel just shrugged Markus off, glaring at Saorise. "Got a lot of balls showing up here. After everything you've done, that it's put us through. Hell I bet we wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for you, if you hadn't knocked over the first domino that landed us here." He kept his voice quiet, so as not to disturb anyone else....or draw unwanted attention. "You put my friend through hell, because of your stupid little stunt. And I owe you enough that I don't cuff you right now, that's it."
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime21/12/13, 03:14 am

"I'm here for her. Now out of my way before I..." Siri trailed off. "We made up. Now give me my ten seconds and I'm gone. She is why I'm here and why you still breathe. Please." She looked at Chris. "If you haven't noticed how happier she got after the Hammer Time nearly was destroyed Chris...you're blind."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime21/12/13, 03:17 am

Chris looked at Siri, her eyes.....not cold. Lukewarm maybe. "You still hurt her Saorise. You may have made up with her, but not with me. So there will be a reckoning for that account....." She stood up and placed a hand on Daniel's shoulder. "But not today." Daniel almost shrugged Chris off.....but didn't. Instead, he stepped back. "You've got five," he told Saorise. "And we're not leaving her alone."
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime21/12/13, 03:22 am

Markus stepped back, his arms folded. This wasn't his fight, but she was just as responsible for Lily's sidelining as she was for the scene unfolding in front of him. He'd let this one handle itself. His mind wanted him to speak, but he already knew that he'd not get a whole lot of sympathy.

I don't know if I even have a right to sympathy...But Lin isn't the only one she's hurt.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime21/12/13, 03:30 am

"I wasn't going to insult you by asking such a thing."
Stepping up to Lin, she bent over and kissed her lover's lips. "Wake up soon."
Pressing the chip into her hand, Siri stood. "When I find time...I'll submit to your reckonning Chris. Its not much...but it's a start."
Looking at Lin once more, she let go.

Siri headee for the tent exit.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime21/12/13, 03:42 am

Lin wasn't aware of the kiss, so lost in sleep was she. Daniel didn't even bother checking on what it was Siri had left, sitting back down next to his friend, along with Chris. "Markus.....you may not want to hear this, but you should be doing what we are: be with your squad. You're their leader, and they need you more than you may want to be here."
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime21/12/13, 04:01 am

Markus was about to speak before he heard his radio crackle, and slipped on his helmet. It was Jose...and his tone was one of shame. "Sir...About earlier. I omitted the 'may' out of the statement I said about Lily. Doctors said she'll be fit to fight after she recovers, but her injuries are brutal." Markus frowned inside his helmet, "Jose...don't pull a stunt like that on me again."

Jose, "I won't sir. Jose out." The medic then cut the line, and Markus took off his helmet, his expression one of relief. "And you're right about that Daniel. Now if you'll excuse me...I have my own duties to the living." He then gave him a two fingered salute and headed for the tent Lily was in.

The dead don't like me moping around. But I'm not going to let Jose get off that easily.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime21/12/13, 06:07 am

After Markus left, Daniel resumed his silence, staying by Lin's side. Oz's dog tags were nestled in a pouch on his armor, and despite their light weight he felt as if he was carrying Oz around in his pocket, his mind made them so heavy. It wasn't the first time he had seen a friend die, nor was it really the first someone under his command had been killed. But he was never used to either happening. And he knew that the day he was used to it.....was the day he lost himself.

Chris studied Daniel's expression, the man's look unreadable save for a few twitches and clenched fists. There was a lot she wanted to do for him; offer a shoulder, give him whatever support he needed. But they were Helljumpers.....no time for emotional stuff like that, not on the field at least. And they were always on the field.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime21/12/13, 07:56 am

Ryan rubbed her sore wrists the moment they where freed. "Thanks and... I suppose I don't really have a choice do I? Well tell your Captain that I'm game what will you have a Commander do I'm not quite sure" In Lindsey's eyes this ship seemed to be running itself rather well. All things considered.
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime22/12/13, 12:16 am

=The two marines carrying the young wounded man came into the UNSC base, making their way towards the Medical Tents. Their patient was still trying to talk to them, but they did not reply, simply continuing on their path. Eventually, they would come to the medical area and be stopped by a doctor=

"Another survivor?"

"Yes, but he isn't one of ours."

"Oh? Well, bring him to..."

=The doctor took a quick look around before pointing to one of the tents with his pen=

"Number Four. There should be room in there."

=The marines nod and drag the young man off again. Once inside, they find an empty cot and lay him down. As they turn to walk away, one remembers to grab his weapon again. They exit=
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime22/12/13, 12:41 am

"Siri is offship." Rika turned around. "Get some real rest. We're gonna hide somewhere."

Siri stepped into the Falcon and sped off right under the noses of ONI and the UNSC.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime22/12/13, 01:01 am

"Okay well keep me updated Spartan" Lindsey responded not knowing or not remembering Rika's name. "I've been in here for a while I don't need rest I need to get back to work" She was pretty sick of being trapped in a room though it had been mostly her own choice to remain a prisoner for so long, before finally choosing to turn against the UNSC even if only because of their betrayal.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime23/12/13, 01:55 am

When the sedatives began to wear off, Lin slowly began to wake up. She found that she wasn't on the battlefield, but in what looked to be a tent, laying down on a very basic cot. The injured Helljumper felt groggy, a side effect of the sedatives. There was an itching sensation in her right arm, and her left hand moved to feel it, finding the IV, which she chose to leave. What happened? she thought to herself. Then a memory, of a searing sensation across her chest, made her jerk and sit up straight, both hands going to her chest. Her armor was gone, replaced with a medical gown, a bit thicker, and she was under a blanket, one of those silver thermal blankets that kept body heat trapped. Lin then felt a hand on her shoulder, and looked up to see that it belonged to Chris, her face smiling grimly.

"Hey there sleepy head," Chris said, glad to see her friend was awake. Daniel joined her, standing up and looking down with concern in his eyes. "Hey there Tanaka," he said. "How you feeling?" Lin struggled for a moment, as she tried to pin down exactly how she felt. "Like I got a really bad sunburn on my chest. What happened?" Chris and Daniel exchanged a look, before Daniel spoke. "You were hit by an Elite with a plasma sword. Cut through your armor and skimmed your chest a bit. "What?" Lin said, slightly panicked as she took off the blanket and lifted her medical gown, unintentionally giving both Chris and Daniel a show at her bare chest. Not that they were aroused by it, eyes drawn more to the large line, almost like a burn, that ran up her chest from her hip to her shoulder. "Jesus," Lin breathed out, lowering the gown. "Talk about close calls....and at least he didn't get anything valuable."
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime23/12/13, 02:03 am

The December held in the upper atmosphere, using the clouds and weather to hide from all fleets. Saoirse was seated in the captain's chair, asleep. Rika was sitting at her feet, watching the main screen.
Lovely. Just lovely.
They almost had a way out. Almost.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime23/12/13, 02:18 am

Chris chuckled a little, but it was hollow. "Yeah....." Then Lin remembered something else, something that made her expression turn very sad. "Oz.....Oz is dead, isn't he?" She remembered his death, the way he was cut in half, and she slumped back into the cot. Daniel struggled to say it, but he said it. "Yes....Covie fuckers killed him. But you're still alive Lin. So don't.....don't waste his death."
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime23/12/13, 02:34 am

Down in the hanger, Michael and the ODSTs were repairing the damages to the fighters with the help of the civilians.
"So. You...left...because you are treated like property?"
"Yeah. Because we are people." Lina finished a weld. "Not a gun or VTOL."
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime23/12/13, 02:58 am

"I don't plan to," Lin said, before she felt something in her hand. Looking at it, she found she was still clutching a tiny chip. "What the...." she began, looking at Chris and Daniel. They both knew what it was, but neither was willing to say a thing, feigning looks of surprise. "What is this?" Lin asked, to which Chris shook her head. "No idea."
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime23/12/13, 03:14 am

Mitchell and Jose were with Lily, with Jose pacing near her bed and Mitchell sitting down. Markus then arrived in the room, with a smirk on his face, clearly amused by how the two men looked. Markus then said, "Mitchell...you're acting like you knocked up Lily. Relax...all she is, is she's knocked out." This of course, inspired a snicker from Jose, and Mitchell immediately going red faced.

Good...glad they still have a sense of humor...

As Jose was snickering, the sedative that had been pumped into Lily wore off, and she woke up, albeit groggily. Markus then said, "Good to see you up...how do you feel..." Lily said bluntly and groggily, "I feel like hammered shit. Can someone find some good sake in this joint to make the feeling go away?"

And with that...the people that were there went into hysterics. That included a couple of medics that were in the tent. Lily looked at them with a tired expression, but there was still a smile on her face as one thought echoed in her mind.

I'm still alive. And I'll be damned if I die right here, right now.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime23/12/13, 05:50 am

Jaryd was busy. The recent fighting had brought in a few broken guns, naturally, so Jaryd was going to fix them. He was upset, like he usually was, not because he had to work, but because there were even more people on the ship. He didn't mind a few people, so long as they stayed out of his way, but at the moment, unless he was working in a workshop, he couldn't get away. He growled softly to himself, and slid the barrel of the Battle Rifle back into place, screwing it in to make sure it stayed. He bounced the still incomplete gun in his hands, making sure the weight was right so far before setting it back down and getting to work on the stock. "Gah, people...why don't we have full robotic bodies yet..." He muttered again, looking for a broken rifle that would have a proper stock.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime23/12/13, 07:27 am

"Great," Lin said. "Just what I need: more mysteries. So, what's going on?" she asked, as she once more tried to sit up. Tried being the appropriate word, since Chris placed a firm hand on her shoulder pushing her back down. "Rest for you. As for us.....we've been ordered to remain here on guard duty. Can you believe it? Helljumpers on guard duty....anyway, from what I've been hearing, we've managed to push the Covies off world. At least it certainly sounds that good." Daniel pitched in then. "According to the reports, we've got their ground forces backed against a wall and we're crushing them against it, while our ships above take out their small battlegroup. We've still taken losses up there--when don't we ever--but we still outnumber the Covies. If all goes well.....then, they'll be shipping us out of here. Term isn't up, but you're wounded and Dragon won't be doing much of anything until we....." he trailed off as he tried to say the next few words. Replace Oz. How could they replace a friend, a man they fought and bled beside all through this war? Replace......it made Oz sound like he was just another piece of a machine, that a factory would churn out another, and it made Daniel feel like it did the Ozren he once knew a grave disservice.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime23/12/13, 10:09 am

Lindsey read through a report that she had gotten her hands on about the battle. It seemed to her that the UNSC was finally winning the battle, though always at a heavy cost. She frowned wondering if she should rejoin the UNSC since they would need every person they could. To her it seemed unfair and wrong that other should die fighting to save humanity while they attempted to flee the UNSC. Cowardice perhaps or maybe it was the wrong time to leave when they should of all been united, fighting for human survival. Maybe it was her dislike of others fighting when she wasn't.
//
A Spartan moved through the numerous medical tents, talking to different marines and leaving each with a battlefield trophy from a Covenant that they had killed. She was still drenched in gore and alien blood. For some it freaked the hell out of them, a Spartan emerging out of nowhere rewarding injured, crippled marines with grizzly trophies, for others it was a morale booster and for the officers it was something that the media should not see. A Spartan was meant to be the very best, yet this one strolled about the place with several sets of gruesome battlefield trophies around her wrists and neck. This Spartan took trophies from the fallen, pulling out teeth, cutting off fingers, Elite jaws, Brute fangs, Jackal claws... It was rather disgusting actually, but whether it scared the Covenant or not it was impossible to say.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime24/12/13, 07:52 am

"Until we have time to recuperate?" Lin said, knowing full well what Daniel was going to say. She felt it would be better if they didn't think on it, at least in that manner. "So," Chris started. "Who get's to call your sister?" she asked Lin, to which the latter just grimaced. She forgot about her sister, Rin Tanaka. Rin was....well, her twin, and protective of Lin. So much so that she could easily see her jumping aboard a ship to come see her right now when or if she ever heard about this, her injury. "How about.....I tell Rin about this. That way she doesn't freak out too much." Daniel and Chris nodded in agreement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run   HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HRP reboot - Chapter 2: On the Run
Page 12 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next