Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World

Go down 
+5
FallenSanity
zeru
Teria
K
Razgriz
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20
AuthorMessage
shadowoof
Member of the Community

Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime27/08/14, 10:41 am

You think we should wait outside, you know move around a corner get rid of the mask and walk around make another call. Why not, your in control. alright. with that Marcus moved into an alley and removed his mask before walking out again and looking around the outside of the school, nothing much was happening just the kid calling some cops, a car with some interesting people in them, still nothing much, I always thought about this but do you think we smell like death yet? what? well we have killed some people about 15 maybe 18 I can't remember and don't want to bother hearing the moans to count. well yes we would smell different why. because I don't want to get found out by anything that can smell death or anything. you worrie too much. 
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/08/14, 01:00 am

"So you're not gonna answer?" James asked as he followed Kristen, though he wasn't going to just walk out of the school. It wasn't that easy.
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/08/14, 01:14 am

"I can't tell you," I repeated. "But it's not the same as what you eat." I paused at the main door to the school. I realised I was afraid. Afraid of how I'd been told people would react, and I was afraid of the consequences of telling someone from the scientists. I was shaking slightly, but I forced myself to stop after noticing. "...Are we friends?" I asked.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/08/14, 01:19 am

That was an odd question, and given that they barely knew one another James was inclined to say no.....but there was something in her voice that made him reconsider, and he said "Yeah Kristen. Of course we're friends."
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/08/14, 01:26 am

"Okay." I said, walking out of the door. Someone stopped me, asking where I was going; she seemed quite shocked when I said I didn't actually go to this school, but she let me go. I opened the car door and got in without another word, closing it behind me with a glance at the school's door.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/08/14, 01:35 am

Well then, James thought, wondering what was the point of her asking. Not like they shared contact info....unless she planned on tracking him like a Bloodhound. He went back to the cafeteria, finding Chris and Amy at a new table while the puke was being cleaned up by a janitor. "Hey," he said, joining them. They nodded and Amy said "Where's Kristen?" Shrugging, James said "She left. That seemed to be the end of it."
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/08/14, 06:26 am

As the young lady walked out of the main doors and into the car, Marcus turned to the kid and walked towards him. So we going to try our luck? why not. "Hey you okey mate." he said as he got closer to the kid.

"Yea I'm okey, this guy who called himself the darkness asked me to call the cops for those 5, he had snakes growing out of his back." 

Really. "Damn, well hey at least you got to talk to someone who has powers, if you want I can wait for the police to show up and keep an eye on these gents while you go back to?" 

"Lunch" he said starting to walk towards the door. "Thanks Sir" 

No problem, hey at least hes going to get swarmed by others to ask about the darkness, I think we made his day. yes yes whatever, I still can't believe your trying to go cold turkey thanks to one man. Hey don't ruin my moment. 
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/08/14, 08:23 am

Elsewhere in Manhattan, within the Museum of Modern Art, a theif was at work. Due to renovations, her target was moved from its usual wing to the storage wing of the museum, safely tucked away within an atmosphere controlled container, but that didn't mean security was any less tight. Cameras were everywhere, and new advances in the past few decades meant that there were a host of new sensors to watch out for, so much that even the best art thieves in the world wouldn't have been able to pull it off.

Thankfully, Sparrow was better than them. Using her gear, she fooled the sensors into not seeing her, as well as a program to hack the cameras and feed them a loop. One guard was patrolling the storage area, and all she had to do was get to the right angle and fire a sleeping dart, the toxin fast acting and knocking the guard out before they even felt the prick of the dart.

Then she went to work retrieving the target: Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night. getting it out of the container was easy, the MoMA security never bothering to put alarms on the unit. She then rolled it up and slipped it into a plastic tube, compact environmental controls inside for short term storage, and slung it over her shoulder.

She escaped quickly after, not a trace save for a single, taunting note.

Quote :
Thanks for the Starry Night boys! Way to treat a girl.

--Sparrow
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/08/14, 08:44 am

"Man the police are taking their time" they probably don't take it serious but are most likely being forced as a school student called. hmm, I guess, hey one of them is doing a push up. Marcus got a little closer to the pile before speaking up "Hey no one move, the police are on their way thank you." he said keeping a close eye on the moving one before he collapsed again. we should move before the po get here just in case they want to talk to us. Fine, when I hear a siren I'll move. 
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/08/14, 08:22 pm

after finishing cooking the food i then walked over to the crates."smells delicious" i said climbed up one and sat on the edge and started eating.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/08/14, 10:08 pm

Klara lay on her couch, rolling and tossing restlessly. Her mind processed things far too fast, rest even at this late hour was difficult if not impossible. Her bed, was a tide of tossed sheets, discarded pillows and a blanket that lay on the floor, in the doorway that led the bedroom.
The television blared the Big Bang Theory, a show which Klara found to be hilarious, even though at the moment she just wanted to sleep.

With a weary sigh she gave up trying to sleep, there would be a better way to waste her time, if she sadly wasn't going to find sleep tonight she might as well perform something worthwhile. For example watch the entire season 1 and 2 of the Big Bang Theory.
The apartment was a mess, unwashed plates filled the kitchen sink, a chore she really never got round to, scattered clothing lay everywhere, again something she would get round to. A large porition of the small apartment was devoted to fitness equipment, weights, treadmill, punching bag and three dummies. Each of these dummies held several dozen knives in them.

Klara herself sat up on the couch, flicking a single black sock off it idly with her right hand, she wore black pj shorts and a dull grey t-shirt. Her long black hair flowed down her back, for once not tied up or fashioned into a ponytail or some form of bun. She paid greater attention to her show, watching it with growing interest.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/08/14, 10:55 pm

after finishing eating i decided to call one of me contacts in new york to see how they were doing."yo lkara you there?"i said after i dialed her number
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/08/14, 10:58 pm

Klara heard the buzz of her mobile phone and after letting it ring for a moment she grabbed her phone from where she left it on the side of the couch. She answered it. "Hi... Yeah I am here or if here is not there than I am not there"
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/08/14, 11:00 pm

"take it another bout of insomnia again" i replied
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/08/14, 11:10 pm

She laughed half heartedly on the phone. "Yeah... Yeah sadly". She sprawled back out on the couch, facing the ceiling. "Do you want to hang out? Since I cannot sleep might as well do something".
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/08/14, 11:12 pm

"sure i was just gonna call and see if you'd be willing to help us finish unpacking and installing the rest of the equipment"
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/08/14, 11:15 pm

She sighed. "You want me to I suppose it is only fair... Since you helped me move a couch". Klara forced herself to get off of the couch. "Give me fifteen minutes and I shall be on my way okay?"
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/08/14, 11:17 pm

"ok take your time we'll still be here"
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/08/14, 11:23 pm

"Yeah love you lots hugs and kisses". She ended the call before tossing the phone on the couch and entering the bedroom to get changed. She emerged a while later dressed in jeans, black trainers, a grey t-shirt, a leather jacket with her hair tied up in a loose ponytail.
She grabbed her phone before exiting her apartment, before locking the door and leaving the apartment and making her way towards where her friend was located currently.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/08/14, 11:34 pm

after the call ended i jumped down from the perch and decided to finish checking the crates so see how much we got left to set up
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/08/14, 11:37 pm

Klara caught a taxi halfway to the base before making the rest of the way on foot. Eventually she made it down to where the abandoned subway station was located. She entered cautiously. "Yo I am here" She called out as she made her way down the steps and onto the platform.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/08/14, 11:39 pm

"sup" i said as i leaned out frome behind a tall crate.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/08/14, 11:42 pm

"Ceiling, earth, tarmac, sky you know the usual". She replied walking over to him. "Always a pleasure but luckily for you I wasn't doing anything tonight".
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/08/14, 11:49 pm

I finished yanking the lid off a crate before turning to her "wow you must be sleep deprived it's only just past noon"
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/08/14, 11:50 pm

"I haven't managed to sleep since three days ago it sorta blurred into one big day for me" Klara replied.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/08/14, 11:56 pm

"still haven't controlled that aspect of your power huh?" i replied
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime28/08/14, 11:58 pm

"No my mind processes things... Leaves me restless" She explained. "What do you need doing?"
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/08/14, 12:05 am

"just to help set up the defenses,want them set up soon so we can focus on getting this place looking more home like then it currently is" i said gesturing to the cluttter of crates and boxes"heck we still getting things unloaded and i had to sleep on top of some crates"
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/08/14, 12:11 am

"You could use my apartment you know that right?" Klara said opening one of the boxes. "If you need a bed you could have used my couch or bed if I was unable to sleep... Which I have been so you would have been welcome to use it".
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/08/14, 12:12 am

"yeah well we only just got here last night and was too tired to really move,heck urthus is passed out over on that pile of plastic on the corner"
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/08/14, 12:15 am

"Don't you two sound like a pair of drunken teenagers?" She commented, picking through the contents of the box. "What made you choose the subway?"
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/08/14, 12:23 am

"it's well built,well defendable if done right and the nearby tunnels lead everywhere giving us capability to get to locations quick and without being detected very easy among other reasons"
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/08/14, 12:28 am

"You make us sound so criminal" She muttered exasperatedly.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/08/14, 12:30 am

"nah just don't trust anyone i don't really know at all"
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/08/14, 12:31 am

"Yet you trust me" She said with a playful wink. "You know me average but like all ladies I have my secrets".
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/08/14, 12:35 am

"that reminds me how's that captain you fought,is he still recovering?"
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/08/14, 12:36 am

"That was a while ago, at least a year yeah he is fine". She answered reluctantly. "Why do you have to bring that up for?" She asked sharply.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/08/14, 12:42 am

"because there was an obituary about him i noticed in the newspaper on the flight in"
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/08/14, 12:44 am

"Death is one thing that must happen to use all". She answered. "A shame he died he promised a rematch guess I will have to wait until I fall myself for a rematch in hell".
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/08/14, 12:52 am

"yeah well rumour has it that he was killed by an unknown assailant using using some sort of power"zeru said as he began moving to the next crate
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime29/08/14, 12:53 am

"That means it could be anyone since the way freaks with powers are popping up nowadays" She replied wearily.

-------

http://www.haloroleplay.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1240
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World   Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: Welcome to the New World
Page 20 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20