Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rise RP: Feudal Japan and the Era of Change

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

Rise RP: Feudal Japan and the Era of Change Empty
PostSubject: Rise RP: Feudal Japan and the Era of Change   Rise RP: Feudal Japan and the Era of Change Icon_minitime23/08/14, 08:52 am

In 1467, the Onin War began.

By 1477, it was over. Kyoto was utterly destroyed, and Japan feel into an era of even greater conflict. Though some had nearly united Japan into a land of peace, the daimyo worked against this, with generals and self imposed rulers relishing their own wealth and prosperity, while hundreds died in their name. The land of Nippon was in utter, endless chaos. With clans vying for power from Hokkaido to Kyushu, now was the darkest era in all of this warring lands history.
But along with this bloodletting, rumours and legends sprang up of demons, dark creatures, and monsters roaming the battlefields, picking off the damned or drawing them back into shadows. Of late, new legends have risen, of single beasts wandering into forts and butchering hundreds. Though the daimyo are convinced this is nothing more than ronin and shinobi, some think differently.

So, essentially, Feudal Japan (Sengoku Period) RP, with a minor addition of very rare demons, oni, etc. The RP would be set in about 1542, a year before the Portugese arrived and brought the flintlock to Japan. I imagine there'd be no real limit to what you could play in this RP, as long as their was reason for it.

So, thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Rise RP: Feudal Japan and the Era of Change   Rise RP: Feudal Japan and the Era of Change Icon_minitime23/08/14, 09:54 am

Seems like a good idea but it is not for me.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: Rise RP: Feudal Japan and the Era of Change   Rise RP: Feudal Japan and the Era of Change Icon_minitime23/08/14, 10:28 am

Aye nice back story but not for the likes of me
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: Rise RP: Feudal Japan and the Era of Change   Rise RP: Feudal Japan and the Era of Change Icon_minitime23/08/14, 03:26 pm

This would depend on a few things.

1) What demons would there be?
2) If there's demons, is there magic?
3) What limits are we going to impose on players?
4) How close to reality will this RP be?
5) What are we allowed to RP?
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: Rise RP: Feudal Japan and the Era of Change   Rise RP: Feudal Japan and the Era of Change Icon_minitime23/08/14, 05:31 pm

Kristy Kreme wrote:
This would depend on a few things.

1) What demons would there be?
2) If there's demons, is there magic?
3) What limits are we going to impose on players?
4) How close to reality will this RP be?
5) What are we allowed to RP?

1) As I'm thinking right now, there'd be five 'classes' of demons, which coincide with their types: Under, Lesser, Common, Greater, Superior. Under Demons are typical Japanese Kappa - for those who don't know, just google Kappa. It's very common in popular culture. Lesser Demons are basically the Japanese Tsuchigumo, which are tiger bodied, spider legged, demon faced monsters. In this RP, they'd be about as big as a human. Common Demons are literally the super basic anime demon, just humans crossed with animals like monkeys, turtles, foxes, etc. Greater Demons would be ones that resemble humans, maybe with a few little details here and there to make them stand out. And Superior Demons are... well, they'll be super rare in the RP coz they're basically just gigantic fucking demi-god level demons with many variants.

2) There is, but it's specifically for demons (or, if you give me a good enough reason to let you be one, a foreigner in Japan).

3) Limits? Well, people can't go out of Japan for one - they can come from beyond Japan, but can't leave it. This is only on Japan. Demons probably won't be playable unless you give me a damn good reason and character. Same goes for guns and being daimyu. You can be a peasant, a samurai, a shinobi, a ronin, etc, all you want, as long as you just don't act like a moron.

4) Fairly close. It's basically Historical Fantasy. Demons don't mingle, they're only seen on empty battlefields, in forests, etc, just like in the legends. If someone is in the area, you'll probably get involved in sieges or forced to battle or join with wandering armies.

5) I guess I covered that in number three.
Back to top Go down
K
The Longterm Poster
K

PostSubject: Re: Rise RP: Feudal Japan and the Era of Change   Rise RP: Feudal Japan and the Era of Change Icon_minitime23/08/14, 06:11 pm

In that case, I'm interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rise RP: Feudal Japan and the Era of Change   Rise RP: Feudal Japan and the Era of Change Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rise RP: Feudal Japan and the Era of Change
Page 1 of 1