Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Inheritor- Jason's story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

Inheritor- Jason's story Empty
PostSubject: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime14/09/11, 01:57 am

**Quick re-cap: Jason, along with Dormii and Zeru, managed to successfully infiltrate Vigil's base. From there, Jason learned that he was in fact, a genetically engineered hybrid, a combination of both Spartan DNA, and Forerunner DNA, the latter being obtained from a crashed Forerunner ship. After eliminating the last of his old team, as well as Harper, Jason set the base to explode, while giving Dormii and Zeru time to escape. However, Jason remained inside the base, sealing himself inside the Forerunner ship's wreck, as penance for all the innocent lives he had killed while with Vigil. The last thing he saw, was a "golden light." And now, the continuation, of Jason's story**

(Jason)
=I'm gonna be honest, I was expecting massive heat, maybe a concussive wave, all of which killing me. Instead, my insides felt like they had been pulled out, mixed up, then placed back inside, in all the wrong places. I would have thrown up, if I had actually eaten anything. Instead, I dry heaved=

What the hell? How am I feeling anything? I should be dead.

=I looked up from where I knelt, and found myself in a massive room, whose architecture matched the ship I had just been on. It was Forerunner=

Whoa, what's going on?

=Right as I said that, something started to float down towards me. It was some type of, silver, light. As it came closer, I saw that the light was in some kind of, steel orb=

*Monitor*

Greetings, Inheritor.

Last edited by Razgriz on 28/10/11, 12:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime14/09/11, 02:10 am

(Jason)

Oh boy.
=I got into a stance, fists raised. I knew it wouldn't help, but it made me feel better=

Who, or what, are you?

*Monitor*

I am 376 Silver Light. I am the monitor and guardian of Haven.

(Jason)
=I lowered my hands=

What's Haven, and how did I get here?

(Silver Light)

Questions, good. I will be happy to answer all queries. You arrived here by means of the transport platform, behind you.

(Jason)
=I looked behind me. There was a black platform on the ground, where I was=

Transport? Like, teleportation?

(Silver Light)

Basically. It brought you here, from the life ship.

Last edited by Razgriz on 14/09/11, 02:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime14/09/11, 02:19 am

(Jason)

Life Ship? You mean the wreck?

(Silver Light)

Wreck? It was destroyed? Oh, my maker's plan, it has failed.

(Jason)

What plan? You said you'd answer my questions. So please, tell me, what is going on?

(Silver Light)

Very well. My makers, or rather, "maker," created this world, and the ship you saw, as part of his plan. His plan, to save his race.

(Jason)

You mean the Forerunners?

(Silver Light)

That was their name, yes. You see, there was a war, a great, terrible war. In the end, my makers could not win, and so they chose to create the ultimate weapons: the Halos.

(Jason)
=He started to float away, and I followed him, or it=

I've heard of the Halos. They could wipe out all life, right? In the whole galaxy.

(Silver Light)

Yes. Many of the Forerunners felt though, that because of this travesty, for being the ones to end all life, they should cease to be. How many of them truly felt this way, I do not know. My maker however, felt that they should not all have to die, and cease to be. So he created this place, and began his plan.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime14/09/11, 02:28 am

(Jason)
=A door in front of us opened, and soon, I found myself outside the building I had been in. I looked ahead, and was stunned by what I saw: I was on a planet, a garden world, with blue skies, and green forests, and white capped mountains. But that wasn't what shocked me. What shocked me, was that as I looked farther, I saw that the world, curved up, towards the sky. I looked up, and in addition to the bright sun, I could see the rest of the world, as if I were floating above it all=

This, is Haven.

(Silver Light)

Yes.

(Jason)
=I stayed rooted to the spot=

How....?

(Silver Light)

My maker, the maker of all this, was a Lifeworker, of significant standing. He managed to secretly build this whole world, as well as the Life Ship. The ship carried the oldest fragment of Forerunner DNA in our archives, untouched by hundreds of thousands of years worth of genetic mutation. Haven, was meant to be a fresh start for the Forerunners, where they could begin anew. Now however, that plan seems lost.

Last edited by Razgriz on 28/10/11, 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime14/09/11, 02:39 am

(Jason)
=I remembered what I was then=

Maybe not. I don't know how to tell you this, but I'm a clone. My DNA, came from both human sources, and the DNA on the ship.

(Silver Light)

What? You are a hybrid? A blending of Forerunner and Human DNA was thought possible, but no one had ever dared.... Why did they use human DNA?

(Jason)

When my kind found the ship, the ships power was failing, and the DNA was degraded. They had to fill in the gaps using human DNA. After that, the result was me.

(Silver Light)

Extraordinary. Perhaps my maker's plan can still work. If what you say is true, then this makes you, an Inheritor.
=I floated until I was level with him=
Hmmm, however, I sense that your cells are degrading.

(Jason)

Yeah, my peoples cloning technology is not advanced enough for me to live a full life. The doctor's gave me two months.

(Silver Light)

No problem. I can fix this. It will however, create some changes. Do you wish to accept?
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime14/09/11, 06:14 am

(Jason)

What the hell? Beats dying.
=I nodded=

Okay, I'll do it. Just tell me, what changes will I encounter?

(Silver Light)

The process is too complicated to go into detail. The end result will be that the Forerunner DNA will be....awakened. The majority of genes in that DNA have been dormant, which is why you never developed any traits a Forerunner would posses. You won't become a full Forerunner though; you're human genes have been dominant for far too long, and I can't remove them, without killing you.

=I turned to face the Inheritor=

I doubt you'd want that to happen.

(Jason)

What gave it away?
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime14/09/11, 06:48 am

(Silver Light)

Hmm, humor.
=With that, I activated the teleportation grid. We got sent to the main complex of Haven, a mid sized building to be honest; after all, two miles wasn't much. I guided the young Inheritor to a transport station, and we rode the tram to the genetics lab=

So, how has humanity progressed, these last 100,000 years?

(Jason)

Well, last I checked, we were getting wiped out by an alien force called the Covenant, a collection of advanced aliens that worshiped your makers like gods. They began exterminating all human life, and even burned worlds to cinders. They though they were doing your maker's will.

(Silver Light)
=I chuckled a little=

Oh, if only they knew more about my makers, they would be so ashamed.

=i saw the puzzled look on his face=

My makers believed in something called, "The Mantle." According to the Mantle, it was the duty of the Forerunners to maintain biological diversity in this galaxy. While they accepted that competition among species was necessary for diversity, they understood that complete genocide was unacceptable. The price of committing genocide, was the complete disarming of the species, as well as the, de-evolving of that species. In this way, the Forerunners would be able to punish any race that committed acts of genocide, without resorting to genocide themselves.

=I chuckled a little more=

That is why this "Covenant," would be so ashamed. They worked so hard to be like my makers, when they became the very thing any Forerunner would instantly despise.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime14/09/11, 07:18 am

(Jason)
=The minute he finished, the tram came to a stop=

Wow, that would be funny to see. The look on all their faces, would be priceless.

=I looked out ahead. Another door=

So, this is the place?

(Silver Light)

Yes. Please, continue telling me your tale.

(Jason)
=I began to remember most of the stuff I had read on the Trophaeum, during my spare time=

Okay. Well, the last few weeks have been eventful. One of the client races of the Covenant, the Sangheili, broke away, and aligned themselves with the humans. This was for two main reason: apparently, the leaders of the Covenant had been lying to the Sangheili, and betrayed them in the process. The second, more pressing reason, was that Flood had broken free, and had become a threat again.

=While I walked, I noticed that Silver Light had stopped, about five feet behind me=

Hey, you okay?

(Silver Light)

The Flood, escaped? After all the sacrifices my makers made, the Flood, lives? And it escaped?

(Jason)
=I went over to him, my hands raised, palms out=

It escaped, but apparently, the Sangheili managed to quarantine the space where the Flood had escaped to. And to the best of my knowledge, the Flood is no longer a threat. It was destroyed, at the end of the war.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime14/09/11, 07:25 am

(Silver Light)
=I calmed down a little=

Ah, then please, forgive my outburst, Inheritor. It was not my intent to cause fear. Now...
=The doors opened, and we walked into the genetics lab=

Let's see if we can't fix you. Please, just lie on the table.

=from the floor, a slab rose. The table=

(Jason)

Okay.
=I lied down on the table=

Hey, is this going to hurt?

(Silver Light)
=I floated to one of the controls, and activated them=

It shouldn't hurt much. If you'd like, I could apply something to numb the pain?

(Jason)

Eh, you know what, I'll risk the pain. I'm used to it.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime14/09/11, 07:50 am

(Silver Light)
=I started the process, and dozens of tubes, with needles at their ends, came down, and hovered over the locations needed for the therapy to work=

Okay, but don't say I didn't warn you.

(Jason)
=Okay, in my line of work, I have experienced a lot of pain. Sometimes it came from training, or missions, or just bad luck. Point is, I was accustomed to pain. However, when those needles pierced my skin, and the therapy started.....well, put it this way: imagine someone taking you testicles, and pulling them out to the breaking point. Then, have that person put your jewels in a blender, and set it to frappe, and all the while, someone pored rubbing alcohol into fresh cuts on your skin, that was made from steel wool. It hurt, and I may have screamed=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime14/09/11, 08:17 am

(Jason)
=I don't know how much time passed. All there that filled my head, was pain. The one thing I held onto, was Miranda, smiling=

(Silver Light)
=The Inheritor's screams worried me, but scans showed he was going to live, and recover. When it was done, I retracted the tubes. He needed water, so I lowered another tube, this one with water in it=

Drink, Inheritor. The therapy will have left you dehydrated.

(Jason)
=I opened my eyes, and saw the tube in front of me. I reached up, and squeezed. Water came pouring out, and it landed on my face. I sat up, and brought the water to my mouth, and drank deeply=

(Silver Light)
=I let him drink, then I called a mirror down=

Inheritor, the process was a success. Your cells have ceased to degenerate. However, it would seem that there were, side effects.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime14/09/11, 08:34 am

(Jason)

What side effects?
=He didn't have to answer. As a I sat up, I saw the mirror in front of me. I was, changed. My skin, which was a light tan color, had become a mix of both the original, and light gray. My hair, had remained mostly the same base color: brown, but now, with solid streaks of silver. It made me feel old. But then I saw my eyes. Originally, my eyes had matched my hair: brown. Now, they were gray silver. I had changed=

Silver, what am I? Am I Human, or Forerunner?

(Silver Light)

You were a hybrid to begin with. Your human genes were the most dominant though. However, now that the process is complete, your Forerunner genes are no longer dormant, and the process accelerated their growth. However, it would seem that this is only an immediate effect, and it should soon begin to balance itself out. It should be at least an hour, until You look human again, though i doubt the eyes will change. Same goes for the hair. Sorry.

(Jason)
No, no, it's okay. Eye and hair color are a small price to pay, if it means I won't die from cell degeneration.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime14/09/11, 05:58 pm

(Jason)
=What was estimated at one hour became two hours. By the end of it, my skin had returned to it's natural color, except for some lines of silver that almost crisscrossed over my arms and chest, though I could probably pass that off as a tattoo. My eyes though, stayed the same silver color, though somehow, the silver seemed to get a little brighter. I was reminded of videos I had seen of wolves. My hair though, was a different story: the streaks of silver had become the dominant color, while my normal brown hair became the streaks=

Well, at least I look human.

=For the record, it was weird, talking like that. One second, you live your life as a human (granted, a genetically augmented human) then you find out you're a hybrid clone of both human and Forerunner DNA. I felt like....an outcast. I was neither human, nor Forerunner=

(Silver Light)
Hmm, interesting. I had almost assumed the Forerunner DNA would take over. But it seems that instead, both sets of DNA have, "blended" together, to form something new. Again, none of my makers had ever believed such a union could be possible.

(Jason)
What does this mean for your makers' plan?

(Silver Light)
Unfortunately, the ship the DNA was on had the technology necessary to bring back my makers. Haven however, does not. It would seem that you are the first, and last of your kind. I am sorry, Inheritor.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime14/09/11, 06:25 pm

(Jason)
I'm sorry too. It would seem that your makers will not return.

(Silver light)
Oh, I would not say all is lost. My makers may never return, but they survive through you, Inheritor, as well as through the Human race.

(Jason)
So, what now?

(Silver Light)
Now, you will need armor.

(Jason)
Armor? Am I going to be fighting?

(Silver Light)
No. The armor is something all Forerunners wore. It allowed them to access the Domain.

(Jason)
What's the Domain?

(Silver Light)
=I had begun moving back to the tram, and the Inheritor followed=

The Domain, is the collective knowledge of all Forerunners. All our history, philosophy, art, science....everything that was known to the Forerunners, was stored in the Domain. However, we had lost contact with it, during the war. Even then, it was only accessible to Forerunners who had reached full maturity. Actually, come to think of it, we have no armor here. Only combat skins.

(Jason)
Okay, what's the combat skin?

(Silver Light)
=We had boarded the tram, and it was already in motion, and gaining speed=

Combat skin, was the replacement for Forerunner Armor, during the war with the flood. As the name suggests, it was meant primarily for combat, and came equipped with a variety of features.

=The tram had stopped outside the armory=

Ah, here we are.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime15/09/11, 03:51 am

(Jason)
=We walked towards another door, and when it opened, I thought I was standing in the hall of a museum. On every wall, sat a set of armor, already assembled, and standing straight. Oh, and the hall was about the size of three hangar bays, all side by side=

Wow. That's a lot of armor.

(Silver Light)
=I moved past him, and continued on to a terminal in front of the door=

Now, lets see if we can find some armor for you, Inheritor.

(Jason)
Hey, what exactly will the arm-- sorry, combat skin, do? I mean, I once had a set of armor before I got here, and it mostly increased my strength, speed, and even made me invisible. What can the combat skin do?

(Silver Light)
Hmm, it sounds like you were using a Class 2 combat skin. If you'd like, I could equip you with one, or would you prefer a skin of higher ranking?

(Jason)
Well, what determines a combat skin's rank? Power, abilities? Role?

(Silver Light)
A combat skins rank is determined by it's role, and power.

(Jason)
Okay. Well, my suit increased my speed and strength by a factor of seven. It had energy shields, which were resistant to both projectile and energy weapons, though the shield would lose power and collapse if fired on for too long. Also, it had the ability to cloak, and go invisible. Finally, it was environmentally sealed, with an air supply of 90 minutes in either vacuum or hazardous environments.

(Silver Light)
Yes, that would be a Class 2 combat skin. If you'd like, there are combat skins that have the same features, but of higher rank, and whose features are much stronger than a Class 2.

(Jason)
=I thought about that for a moment. It was a tempting offer; I mean, come on? Armor that was maybe five, or eight times better than the MJOLNIR armor? I could be stronger, faster, and better than any other Spartan, or hell, anyone. But, I was a humble man. I had no real desire to be a god, or be so superior, that no one had a chance to beat me. I was a sportsman, and believed in a fair chance=

Show me Class 3 skins, with the same features I just described.

=Hey, I was a humble man. That didn't make me an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime15/09/11, 05:02 am

(Silver Light)
Are you sure? Wouldn't you prefer something of a higher rank?

(Jason)
Well, if you have something between 3 and 4, sure.

(Silver Light)
3.5 it is then. One moment.
=I selected a 3.5 combat skin, and immediately, a set floated down to the Inheritor=
Put it on.

(Jason)
Okay.
=With the help of Silver Light, I managed to get the armor on. It weighed nothing, and inside, it felt cool. When I put the helmet on, the suits HUD sprang to life. I saw dozens of figures and charts, showing dozens of readings. Unfortunately, it was all in Forerunner, and I could not make out any of it=

Uh, Silver, we have a problem. I don't understand any of this.

(Silver Light)
Oh, whoops. Sorry about that. Allow me to make an adjustment.
=I accessed his suits computer, and modified the language system. It only took me a fraction of a second, before his native tongue was activated on the suits systems=

There, that should be better.

(Jason)
=Instantly, the readings changed. What was once Forerunner, became English, and I could read it all. There were readings for shields, power, suit integrity....the whole thing=

Whoa, this, is cool.

=I moved my hands up, and was amazed at how natural it all felt. With my old suit, things felt automatic, and mechanical. It was only after a few days did I manage to make the motions fluid, and smooth. But with this new suit, things felt......maybe it was all my experience with MJOLNIR, but things felt, smoother, more natural. And hey, the suit wasn't as clunky as the old suit. Where MJOLNIR was all armored plating, this suit lived up to the skin part of it's name=

Okay, so if the old suit increased my speed and strength by a factor of seven, then how much does this suit increase by?

(Silver Light)
=I brought up the schematics, and checked the data=
According to the data, this 3.5 Combat Skin increases speed and strength by a factor of nine. Granted, that isn't much, compared to your old suit, but it should make you quite the challenge in a fight.

(Jason)
=I decided to test out the speed. I saw a place on the far side of the hall, and ran towards it. I crossed that distance, a distance the size of three hangar bays, in less than forty seconds=

Last edited by Razgriz on 20/08/12, 02:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime15/09/11, 09:07 am

(Jason)
Holy shit.

=This suit, was better. I mean, I'd have to take it through a full combat test, but damn. I didn't have to press a button, or anything. Whatever I thought, the suit just did. I think stealth, and all of a sudden, I blurred out of sight=

Oh hell yes.

=I had the stealth turned off, and I made my way back to Silver=

(Silver Light)
=I watched as he experimented with the suit. It was strange, seeing his excitement over using the suit. In truth, it was infectious=

(Jason)
=When I got back to Silver Light, I decided on what to do next=

Silver, you said this world is artificial, right?

(Silver Light)
Yes. Haven is an artificial structure, what my makers would have called a Shield World.

(Jason)
Okay, does Haven have a control center?

(Silver light)
Yes. Why, would you like to go there?

(Jason)
Definitely.
=I prepared myself for the teleprtation effects=

(Silver Light)
Here we go.
=I activated the grid, and soon, we were sent to the control center of Haven.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime15/09/11, 11:32 pm

(Jason)
=Okay, so here's what I learned. For your first time using the teleportation grid, you'll feel like your insides got pulled out of you, then placed back inside, in the wrong places. However, for your second time using the teleportation grid, your more prepared. You know exactly what you'll feel. It won't make it any more pleasant though. When the teleporter dropped me and Silver in the control room, instead of feeling like my insides got rearranged, I felt more like I had a very bad case of diarrhea. Once the sensation passed though, I looked around, and found myself in what could only be the control center=

Wow, big place.

=The room itself was a sphere, with what could only be the central terminal located in the center, suspended by both a walkway, and probably something else, maybe some type of levitation mechanism. I walked towards the center, Silver following me=

(Silver Light)
Welcome, to the Control Room. From here, you can control any of Haven's systems, as well as access the information stored here.

(Jason)
=As I got closer, the central terminal lit up, and holographic controls formed=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime16/09/11, 02:03 am

(Jason)
Can I find out where in the galaxy this place is?

(Silver Light)
Of course. Do you see the symbol shaped like a circle?

(Jason)
=I saw the symbol, over near the far left=
I see it.

(Silver Light)
Good. Now, place your finger on the circle, and simply move your finger either left or right along the rim.

(Jason)
=I did as he said, and moved my finger in a clockwise rotation. All of a sudden, a holographic representation of the room sprang up, and it showed to signatures in the room: me, with vital signs and energy signatures for my suit, and Silver, who seemed to glow with pure energy. I then moved my finger counter-clockwise, and the view zoomed out form the control center. I saw that the control room was inside Haven, on what appeared to be a mid sized island. From there, the hologram zoomed away, until I saw the sun at the center of the world. Eventually, the view showed me the whole planet, or structure I guess, until I saw where in the Galaxy Haven was=

Whoa, that's new.

=We were near the galactic core. Right outside in fact. The core itself, comprised of maybe millions of stars, glowed as one, massive light. I was sure that with the right command, I could have the hologram dim, so i could see all the stars in the core=

The core? Haven, is next to the galactic core?
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime16/09/11, 04:57 am

(Silver Light)
Yes, Haven was constructed next to the Galactic Core. It was considered a precaution, as there were no Forerunner worlds this close to the core, and therefore, the Flood would have no need to spread this far. To the best of my knowledge, my maker managed to hide all evidence of Haven's construction. Granted, it was not easy, but it was done.

(Jason)
Wow. So, apart form the genetics lab, and the hall of Combat Skin, what else is here?

(Silver Light)
A great number of things, all of which you can learn of here in the Control Room. The most important areas though, are the Library, the medical lab, the combat skin hall, the sentinel construction center, and the shipyards. There is also of course, the communications array.

(Jason)
=I was stunned. All these resources, were potentially at my disposal. It was, amazing=

Can I access the communications from here?

(Silver Light)
Of course. In fact, let me change the language settings of the controls, so they are more to your liking.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime16/09/11, 05:11 am

(Jason)
=Instantly, the controls changed from Forerunner glyph's, to English. I was about to try and contact the Trophaeum, or Serenity, when I realized, that maybe I should wait. For now, to the best of my knowledge anyway, they weren't going anywhere. I figured, that I should at least see all Haven had to offer, then contact my friends=

So, I can access the Library from here? Any piece of information I want, and I can view it?

(Silver Light)
Correct.

(Jason)
Okay, then let's get started.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime16/09/11, 06:46 am

(Jason)
=It lasted for nearly three whole hours. I asked, and it answered. I didn't learn it all, or even a half of a fraction, of what it had to offer. But in three hours, I learned much about the Forerunners history, about their war with the Flood. Even then, it was summarized knowledge, an amount big enough to fit a dictionary, and still, it was small in comparison. However, i was starting to get hungry, and I asked Silver if there was any food to eat=

(Silver Light)
Of course. There is plenty of food in the living quarters.

(Jason)
=I was about to ask what he meant by living quarters, when we were both transported across Haven. Again.=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime16/09/11, 06:13 pm

(Jason)
=When the teleporter dropped me and Silver into the living quarters, I was expecting something similar to the living quarters on a ship. However, I forgot who built this place=

Whoa.

=As I looked around, I found myself in a massive city, maybe the size of old Manhattan. There were buildings, streets, and I could even see a tower or two=

This, is what you call "living quarters?" Silver, this is a city!

(Silver light)
Maybe from your perspective, but to my makers, this would be considered only a settlement. A true city, would be much, much larger. Now, you said you were hungry? Follow me.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime18/09/11, 07:50 am

(Jason)
=I followed Silver into a massive building, and once inside, I saw that it was a giant hydroponics facility. It was funny though; most of the vegetation had begun to overgrow=

(Silver Light)
Ah, sorry about this. In the hundred thousand years I have been here, maintaining the gardens was the least of my priorities.

(Jason)
It's fine. So, this is all there is to eat?

(Silver Light)
=I floated over to a fruit tree, and with my manipulation beam, I picked up a piece of fruit. Scans showed that it was safe for the young Inheritor to eat=

Here, you may like this, though I would not know.

(Jason)
=I looked at the apple that Silver had plucked from the tree=

An apple? Of course I'd like this.

=I took the apple, and took a bite=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime18/09/11, 07:45 pm

(Jason)
Hmm, not bad. How long have these trees been growing?

(Silver Light)
They have been tended to for almost 100,000 years. Granted, most die off, but the seeds are recovered, and I start again.

(Jason)
Wow, an A.I. gardener.

Huh, I'm impressed. Was maintaining the gardens part of your programming too?

(Silver Light)
At first, I simply had a base line objective: keep the gardens alive and healthy. However, my makers always created their ancilla to be creative in their tasks. We were told to complete a goal, but given a certain amount of freedom in how we completed it.

(Jason)
=I basically understood all of that, except for one thing=

What's an ancilla?

(Silver Light)
An "ancilla" is an artificial construct, created by the Forerunners.

(Jason)
Oh, so like an artificial intelligence?

(Silver Light)
By your definition, yes.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime18/09/11, 08:06 pm

(Jason)
Huh.
=I took another bite of the apple=

So, what now?

(Silver Light)
Well, what would you like to see now?

(Jason)
=I thought for a moment, but I realized something else I wanted to see=

Take me to the shipyards.

(Silver Light)
Very well. Follow me.
=I led him to where we had entered the living quarters from, and I activated the teleporter, and we were whisked off to the other end of Haven=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime19/09/11, 12:51 am

(Jason)
=Okay, so after your fourth time on a teleporter, the most you're going to feel is a small headache. Other than that, you'll be fine. I noticed I was still holding the apple, and took another bite. I looked around, and saw something that was awe inspiring. Massive towers surrounded me, while I stood on a floating platform=

Holy.....What are these ships?

(Silver Light)
These ships are part of Haven's defensive fleet. Activation of these ships can be done either from the control room, or here.
=I guided him along the platform to the end of it. At the end, was activation terminal, for the ships=

(Jason)
Wait, you have a whole fleet stored here?

(Silver Light)
Well, it's not a massive fleet. There are a total of eleven towers here, and each tower holds two ships. In addition to defensive and offensive ships, the fleet has enough power to protect this planet.

(Jason)
So let me get this straight: If I wanted to, I could activate all these ships, take control of them, and leave?

(Silver Light)
You could, but I would not advise it.

(Jason)
Why not? Are they bound to the planet?

(Silver Light)
No. But those towers there are repair stations. If repairs are needed, the ships must be brought back to the towers.

(Jason)
Ah. But if they had to leave the planet, how long could they last? What's there power supply like?
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime19/09/11, 03:28 am

(Silver Light)
Each ships' generator can last for a period of 1000 years.

(Jason)
=I whistled in appreciation=

Okay, that, is a long time.

(Silver Light)
Maybe to you. To a Forerunner, a thousand years would almost be a week.

(Jason)
Huh. How long could Forerunners live?

(Silver Light)
While wearing their armor, a Forerunner could live forever, except in the event of accidents. In many ways, Forerunners were immortal. That all changed during the war against the Flood. Combat skins lacked the capability of maintaining a Forerunners' immortality. Granted, they could still live a naturally long life. But it wasn't eternal.

(Jason)
Makes you wonder. What does that say about the guy that made this place.

(Silver light)
What do you mean?

(Jason)
Well, if the Flood was going to die out, and the threat was over, then why leave combat skin instead of that armor? He had to know that the armor kept Forerunners immortal. Maybe this is what he meant by a new beginning: a return to mortality.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime19/09/11, 07:37 am

(Silver Light)
Perhaps. I never did give the goal much thought. It seems, interesting.

(Jason)
Okay, now, I think I know what I want to do. Take me back to the Control Room.

(Silver Light)
Very well.
=I activated the grid, and sent the both of us back to the Control Room=

(Jason)
=Once inside the Control Room, I walked over to the consoles, and found the communications controls=

Silver, can this place be accessed from the outside?

(Silver Light)
Of course. how else was the ship carrying the DNA sample meant to get here?

(Jason)
Okay, I'm gonna make a call. I just need to see if they're still there.
=I typed in the coordinates for Olympus, and long range sensors came online. I found it, and the Trophaeum was still there=

Yes. Okay, now let's see if we can't send a message.

=I typed in another command, locking onto the ships's frequency. Then, I began my message=

Hello, this is a collect call from Jason Shepard. Will you accept the charges?
=Along with the voice, I left coordinates to Haven. I only hoped that they would get my message. I hit send=

**Story ends and continues into the main story**
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inheritor- Jason's story   Inheritor- Jason's story Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inheritor- Jason's story
Page 1 of 1