Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Shepard and the Lamb

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

The Shepard and the Lamb Empty
PostSubject: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime04/10/11, 12:04 am

(Jason)
=I checked the computers: even with the new algorithms, and fast engines, it was still going to take at least.....three days, before we arrived at Borden's planet, an Inner Colony by the name of Hreniin. I know, it was hard to pronounce, but at least it was easy to remember. While I waited, I drifted in memory, back to when I first met Borden's family=

Hreniin, five years ago.

=I was standing outside a massive tower, the location of my job interview. It was a cross between a massive penthouse at the top, and what could have been either apartments, or office sections between the same penthouse, and the ground floor. Two guards stood at the entrance, dressed in the standard black suits, and black sunglasses. They weren't big, muscled, or intimidating. Neither were most snakes. I walked over to them, a neutral look on my face. They stopped me at the door=

*Guard*
Excuse me sir, do you have business here?

(Jason)
Uh, yes. I'm here to see Mr. Borden about a job.

*Guard*
Can I have a name?

(Jason)
Yeah, tell him the "Shepard" is here for the sheep.
=Yeah yeah, I know. My last name is Shepard, and here I was, talking about myself in the third person. But, considering the line of work I was (hopefully) about to go into, I needed a title, and Shepard kinda fit. That was mostly why I was here-- I needed a job, and something that could help pay for a ship's repairs and tune ups. See, what they never told us back in Vigil, is that when you leave, there is no severance package. So, here I was, job hunting=

*Guard*
Okay sir, you're clear to go. Just head for the elevator at the end of the hall, and go up to the top floor.
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime04/10/11, 12:26 am

(Jason)
=I nodded thanks, and walked through the doors, and down the hall. Sure enough, there was an elevator at the end of the hall. Combined with the lighting of the place, and the matte black material of the door, it was all very ominous, and screamed "wanna be" super-villain. Well, that, or someone was watching too many James Bond films. As I got closer, the doors opened, and welcomed me inside. I walked in, and once the doors closed, the box I was in shot up. It was a few seconds later, that i walked out, and into a massive penthouse. It was all very ornate, you know, furniture wise. I heard a voice=

*Borden*
Ah, so you're the Shepard? Please, come in.

(Jason)
=I walked in the direction of the voice, and found myself in a living room, that could have fit a freaking pelican. At the other end of the room, was a wet bar, lined with dozens of bottles, filled with liquors of nearly every color. At the bar, was a man in his early forties, with hair that was still black, light skin that had a healthy tan, and dressed in business suit that probably cost as much as most sports cars=

Hello. I'm guessing your Mr. Borden?

*Borden*
=he filled two glasses with amber liquid, and had a smile on his face as he held out the second glass for me=
Please, call me Joseph.

(Jason)
=I took the glass when I got closer=
Okay, Joseph.

=It went against common sense, to take a drink of something a mobster gave you, but I wanted to be polite, and lessen the chance of insulting the man=

*Borden*
So, I hear you're looking for a job as a bodyguard?
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime04/10/11, 12:30 am

(Jason)
Yeah, though if you don't mind me asking, I have no idea why you'd need to hire out. It looks like you're already well guarded.

*Borden*
True, but you won't be guarding me. No, I need you to protect someone very dear to me: my daughter.
=he saw the look on my face, and he quickly held up a hand to silence me=

I know it's not what you were planning on, but I can't have an army protect my little girl; she needs to get out, and live more. And she can't do that with a platoon of guards around her.

(Jason)
So, basically I'm her babysitter?

*Borden*
=he shrugged=
Basically.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime04/10/11, 01:02 am

(Jason)
Well, I can't say I'm opposed to the idea. I mean, let's be honest here--I know what it is you do, and as much as I need the money, I'd rather not have to be around for any of that. Plausible deniability are my favorite words.

*Borden*
=he laughed, and i could feel the sincerity behind it=
I think I'm going to like you. Well, not to worry. All I need you to do is protect my daughter, keep her safe, and simply accompany her everywhere short of the bathroom. Let me introduce you to her.

=he shouted=
Molly! Come down! Your new guard is here!

=From upstairs, I heard a voice yell back=

*Molly*
I don't need a bodyguard dad! Tell him to leave!

*Borden*
Molly, come down here now!

=I heard her scream in frustration. Then, the sound of feet pounding across the ceiling towards the stairs. I looked up, and was shocked at the little girl who came stomping down the stairs. I was expecting a girl that, while defiant, was dressed properly (considering the high class family she came from). Oh no, she was dressed in clothes that were dark in color, almost black. Some pieced had been shredded off, though not enough to leave things exposed. She was also wearing combat boots. I was stunned. Oh, and she was eleven=

*Molly*
=she gave me a quick look over=
So, your the "Shepard?" You don't look very scary.

(Jason)
And you don't look like the daughter of a high class family.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime04/10/11, 05:07 am

*Molly*
Oh, clever. Did they teach you that at whatever military base you came out of?

(Jason)
=I looked from Molly, to Joseph=
Nice little girl you have there.

*Borden*
Molly, show some respect.

*Molly*
Fine.
=I shit you not, she put on a robots voice=
Hello sir. How are you today? My name is Molly Borden.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime04/10/11, 05:38 am

(Jason)
=Believe me when I say that keeping a straight face at that moment may have been the hardest thing in my entire life. All I could do was turn to Joseph, and say=

Oh yeah, this is going to be fun.

--One hour later--

=Molly had me take her to an arcade. But not just any arcade, oh no. No, she wanted me to take her to what was considered the colonies greatest, most popular arcade. Which was fine, considering that she was the one paying for it all. What was not fine, was that this arcade was not on the planet. As it would turn out, the arcade, which was known as simply, The Zone, was a space station, in orbit around Hreniin. It had all types of arcade games, specialty rides, and even a freaking ball pool, that was in zero-gravity. That last one was very popular, among both kids and adults. Anyway, the whole thing, while outrageous, was fun. Granted, things were going to get very bad soon=

(Jason)
You have got to be kidding me.

*Molly*
Nope. Do it.

(Jason)
Why in the world do you want me to do it?

*Molly*
Well, let's see: it would be funny. It would be humiliating for you. Oh, and of you don't do it, I'm going to tell my dad that you touched me in my special place.

(Jason)
=I felt my jaw drop to the ground=
You can't be serious!

*Molly*
Oh, I'm dead serious. You may be my bodyguard, but that also makes you my bitch. Now, play the game, and do the dance.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime04/10/11, 05:47 am

=Now, the fact that I got forced into playing a remastered version of an old 21st century dancing game called Dance Central 2, by a freaking eleven year old, should convey exactly how much I was torn between hating this little girl, and actually growing to love her like the annoying sister I never had. That said, I really, really, did not want to do this. But, if she really did do what she said she would (and I had no doubt she would) I was going to be worse, than fired=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime04/10/11, 06:21 am

=The screen turned on, and I saw a grey image of myself in the top right part of the screen. There was a tiny little sensor, on top of the screen, which tracked me. Like I said, it was a remastered version of the original: better graphics, better tracking software. Same old gameplay though=

(Jason)
So, which song do you want me to do? I mean, if I'm your bitch and all, then shouldn't you be the one to decide?
=I could not believe how much I was going to regret that question=

*Molly*
You know, you're right. I should be the one picking out the song. How about an old classic?
=she walked over to the selection terminal, and found a song for me to do=

Oh, and by the way: this game rates by stars. Five stars, is the highest. If you get anything lower than a four, I will tell my dad that you hit me. Oh, and this is going to be on hard.

(Jason)
Say what?

=i didn't have anytime. The game had started=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime04/10/11, 06:47 am

=Now, what I didn't know, was that Molly had the character model set on to Female. So, imagine my surprise when my avatar, was a very attractive girl, in exercise shorts=

**Play and watch** (try to keep a straight face)

=It was fucking hard! I'm dancing in time to the damn character, my score was barely above three, and the whole time, Molly was laughing her ass off. However, I managed to pull a five star score out of my ass, and that shut Molly up=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime04/10/11, 07:23 am

*Molly*
How the hell did you do that? You're a newb. A NEWB!!!!!

(Jason)
Well, it would appear I'm a newb with skill.

Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime04/10/11, 07:33 am

*Molly*
Alright then, so you won. Big deal. Let's play another game.

(Jason)
Bring it.

=for the next half hour, we ended up playing against each-other at tons of arcade games: racing games, shooting games, even a few rounds of good ol' fashioned air hockey. And the weird thing was, that for the first time in my entire life, I was having fun. Real, honest fun. Then, things got bad. Molly, went missing in the zero-gee ball pit=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime04/10/11, 08:08 am

(Jason)
=I had to enter the damn chamber, and let me say, it was fucking weird. Floating around, in a chamber the size of a tennis court, full of floating, colorful plastic balls. Yeah, this was going to end up in one of my stranger dreams=

Molly! Where are you girl!
=I heard laughter somewhere to my right=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime04/10/11, 04:07 pm

(Jason)
=I drifted to my right, and found Molly inside a cluster of the damn things=
Having fun?

*Molly*
Honestly, not so much.

=we got out of the ball chamber a minute later, though not without an accident. Molly had exited just fine, but I exited upside down, and once the gravity got hold of me...........look, I was very bruised, let's leave it at that=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime04/10/11, 11:12 pm

--Two Weeks Later--

=In two weeks, Molly and I had become very good friends. Granted, we still got on each other's nerves, but were close. She had gone from being the annoying little sister I never had, to being the sister I never knew I wanted. That's why things got tense one day. We were walking around the city, going to most of her favorite shops (which were, believe it or not, gaming stores). We walked out of one, with what was no doubt the most expensive thing in that store: a flight simulator=

(Jason)
I still find it odd, that a girl your age wants to be a pilot.

*Molly*
Helmsman. =she corrected=

(Jason)
Whatever. I'm just saying, with all the money you have, you could go to some of the best academies in existence. Why do you want to fly ships?

*Molly*
Why did you take a job as my bodyguard?

(Jason)
What?

*Molly*
Why did you take this job?

(Jason)
Because I needed the money.

*Molly*
Then why didn't you get a different job? Why choose a job that is potentially dangerous?

(Jason)
Because, fighting is what I'm good at. It's almost, a calling.
=and of course I was trained to fight since I was eight years old=

*Molly*
Then there's your answer. I want to fly, because I love to fly. I don't care if it's a jet or a ship. I just feel the call to take to the sky.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime04/10/11, 11:30 pm

=Okay, I found that impressive: someone who actually knew what they wanted in life. And she was good at flying (I should know. Who do you think flew us to that space station?) Anyway, we continued through the rest of the shopping center we were in, and had gotten ourselves a drink in the food court=

(Jason)
Okay, I've gotta know: it's not just because you love flying, that you're doing this. You're doing this to spite your dad?

*Molly*
Not my dad, personally. My family name.

=I arched an eyebrow at her=

*Molly*
Look, for the longest time, the name "Borden" has been infamous. One of the biggest crime families, and I just happened to be born into it. I mean, I love my parents, but I just don't understand why they keep doing that stuff. And I don't want to be part of that. And if that means I have to leave my family, and get rid of the name, then I'll do it. I mean, my parents already have my life planned out, and they never bothered to ask me first.

Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime05/10/11, 01:11 am

(Jason)
=Couldn't argue with that=
Still, aren't you worried? What do you think your dad will do when he finds out?

*Molly*
heh, bring it. He may not like it, but I know he'll let me go. And he's not going to hurt me. I'm his daughter, and I know he's against violence against children.

=no sooner had she said that, then the freaking windows of the food court exploded. A thousand shards of glass rained down, and people screamed=

(Jason)
GET DOWN!!
=I had already pulled out my pistol, when the first shot grazed my shoulder. Molly had gotten under the table=
Not good enough.

=I flipped the table on it's side, the top part in the direction of the shooters=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime05/10/11, 01:24 am

(Jason)
=I crouched behind the downed table, my pistol in hand. Another round of gunfire came our way. They were either after me, or Molly. Either way, it didn't matter: someone was firing in a populated area, filled with families, and they were shooting at me, and a little girl=
Molly, stay down. I'm going to draw their fire.

*Molly*
=she was crying, tears already down her face=
Okay. =she choked out=

(Jason)
=Now, here's where things got bad. In case I forgot to mention this, I wasn't wearing any armor. Just normal, civilian clothes. Yeah, this was not going to end well. I burst from my cover, drawing a wave of automatic gunfire. On the bright side, I was a Spartan, and we moved fast. While I ran, my pistol came up, and I pulled the trigger, unleashing a burst of AP rounds=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime05/10/11, 01:46 am

*Shooter #1*
AHHH, SON OF A BITCH!!!!

(Jason)
=I had shot him in the knee cap, and he went down, screaming. While I was running, I managed to count how many gunmen there were: four, though three seeing as how I took out one. I ducked behind a barrier (that is the only thing I could call the tiny wall with flowers on top)=

*Shooter #2*
You, me, let's go get that bastard. You! Kill the girl!

(Jason)
=So it was Molly they were after. That didn't make me feel better though. She was my friend after all. I looked around, and found a food tray at my feet=
Perfect.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime05/10/11, 01:56 am

(Jason)
=I grabbed the tray in one hand, and the pistol in my other. I drew the tray in close, ready to throw it like a frisbee, and rose from cover. Didn't even bother with a quick one-liner--I just threw the tray at them, and it hit the guy on the left. He had a gun in his hands, and I had thrown the damn thing so hard (or it startled him so much) that he spun towards his ally, and his gun fired on him. The poor bastard didn't even have time to scream, he just dropped, the rounds tearing into his side. I brought up my pistol again, and fired into the first guy's head, and he went down again=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime05/10/11, 02:24 am

*Molly*
Jason!

(Jason)
=I turned to where Molly was, and saw that the fourth gunman was holding Molly in front of him, a gun to her head=

*Shooter #4*
Okay, you're going to let me walk, with the girl. You are not going to follow me. Are we clear?

(Jason)
Not really. You're holding my friend, with a gun to her head. If you think I'm letting you walk, then you must be dumber than you look.

*Shooter #4*
What did you say to me?

(Jason)
I said, you must be a fucking retard.
=I took a step closer=

*Shooter #4*
Stay back!
=he did the dumbest thing: he pointed his gun at me, away from Molly=

(Jason)
=my pistol moved faster than he could blink. However, he managed to get off a shot at the same time--I hit his head, and he hit my shoulder. He went down all the same though=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime05/10/11, 03:44 am

=Molly was crying. Oh, she wasn't bawling or anything like that. But I saw tears in her eyes, and her voice was shaking=

*Molly*
J-j-Jason? Are-are you okay?

(Jason)
=I clutched at my shoulder, over the wound=
Yeah, I'm fine. Forget me, are you okay?

=I walked over to her, an knelt down to check her. She was fine=

*Molly*
I'm.......I'm okay.

(Jason)
=I heard the first shooter groaning, and try to move away. I never gave him the chance. I walked over to him, kicked away his gun, and pointed my own at him=
Who hired you?

*Shooter*
I ain't talking.

(Jason)
Suit yourself. I guess you'll have to talk to the girls father, Mr. Borden.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime05/10/11, 04:05 am

--One Hour Later--

(Jason)
=I was standing in Borden's office, my arm wrapped in bandages, and placed in a sling. The would be assassin was not there. Apparently, he was being kept alive, and awaiting Borden's personal attention=

*Borden*
Uy, I was rather hoping this wouldn't happen.
=he looked at me, and I could see genuine concern on his face, though there was fury, cold and sharp, behind his eyes=

I want to thank you, Shepard. You've saved my daughters life, and even took the time to bring me back her would be killer. I can assure you, I will find out who tried to murder my little girl.
=He took a sip of the scotch in his hands, and sat down=

However, I'm afraid that your services will no longer be required.

Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime05/10/11, 04:23 am

(Jason)
No longer required? I'm sorry, but I don't understand.

*Borden*
*sigh* The attack on my daughter's life showed that clearly, she can't be allowed out of this house. Here, she is safest. And that means that she will no longer need a bodyguard.

(Jason)
Wait, you're going to let one attempt keep her locked up? Mr.Borden, forgive me, but that seems unfair for Molly.
=He shot me a cold glare. It wasn't the full amount of rage he had for his daughter's would be killers, but I got grazed by it. I wasn't scared, but I did shut up=

*Borden*
Don't you dare lecture me on how to raise my own daughter.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime05/10/11, 04:54 am

(Jason)
Sorry about that. But you're not the only one that cares about Molly, Joseph. She's my friend. Hell, she's like the sister I never had.

*Borden*
=some of the fire left his eyes, and I suddenly got a good look at the real Joseph Borden: a tired old man, weary of his inheritance. If nothing else, he wanted to leave this life behind him, and live with his family, and be a real father=
I'm sorry, for my tone. I appreciate the fact that you care for my little girl, but.....I just can't risk losing her. Even if she has to live in a gilded cage, so long as she's alive, that's enough for me. And I'm sorry, but an army is better than one man.

(Jason)
Fine. I'll go. Just.....let me say goodbye?
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime05/10/11, 05:04 am

*Borden*
I see no reason not to allow it. Take your time. You've earned it. Also, you have earned the money that was promised you. And, maybe more. After all, you not only saved my girl, you gave her a very special gift: a friend.
=He held out his hand, and I shook it=

You know, maybe it's time for me to get out of this business. I mean hell, if shots are being made at my family......

(Jason)
=I left him as he talked. He didn't mind. I went up the stairs, and found Molly's room. I knocked=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime05/10/11, 05:20 am

*Molly*
Come in.

(Jason)
=I walked inside her room. I left the door half open though. Her room was.....again, not what I expected. There was a massive screen at one end of the room, with a game rig set up, and even a detailed chair for flight sims. She had a massive bookcase, housing classics, mystery novels, and even flight manuals. Hey, like I said, she was committed. She was sitting on her bed, reading a book. As far as the bed went, I'd seen smaller trucks=
Hey Molly.

*Molly*
=her face brightened when she saw me=
Hey Jason! How's the arm?

(Jason)
I'll live. The docs wanted to cut it off though, said I could die of infection.
=I was joking, and she knew it. Still, it was nice to joke around=

So, how are you doing?

*Molly*
Great. I mean, I'm still a little shaken, but I'll be fine.

(Jason)
Great. That's great.
=I was silent for a bit, before I broke the news=

Your dad, is asking me to leave. He says my services are no longer required. That from now on, you're going to stay here, where it's safe.

*Molly*
What? Why?
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime05/10/11, 06:38 am

(Jason)
He cares about you Molly, he really does. He wants to keep you safe, and that means you staying here.

*Molly*
But, you took those guys out. Why does he want me to stay here, in a cage?

(Jason)
If they sent four men, for one girl and a single guard, what do you think they'll send for one girl, and a team of guards?
=I let that hang in the air=

*Molly*
I don't care about that. Jason, you're my friend. Hell, my only friend.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime05/10/11, 06:43 am

(Jason)
=I rubbed her hair affectionately=
Hey, cheer up kiddo. At least your living a good life. Boring, yes. But good. And maybe safer.

*Molly*
=She was sad. Hell, who could blame her. The only person that actually paid any attention to her, who saw who she really was, was leaving=
Will, you at least write? Check up on em?

(Jason)
I'll do what I can.

=that was the last time I saw her=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime05/10/11, 06:47 am

Present Day, Hreniin System.

(Jason)
=we exited slip-space three days later. I had Argo guide us too the main dock, located in the city where the Borden's lived=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime05/10/11, 06:58 am

(Jason)
=When we landed, Miri came up to meet me=

(Miranda)
hey, what's up? Where are we?

(Jason)
We're on Hreniin. I have something that needs to be done. An old friend that needs my help.

(Miranda)
Okay. Who's the old friend?

(Jason)
=I had a feeling she'd know the name=
Joseph Borden.

(Miranda)
=I felt my jaw drop in surprise=
Borden? As in, the Borden family? What kind of friend was he?
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime05/10/11, 07:59 am

(Jason)
An old employer. It was maybe five months, after I left Vigil, that I was job hunting. The only job that was going to work at the time, was being a bodyguard.

(Miranda)
Whoa, you played the personal bodyguard for Mr. Borden?

(Jason)
Nope, his daughter.
=We exited the ship. We were both wearing civilian clothes (let's face it. Combat Skin would not react well with the locals) After hailing a cab, I gave him the directions=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime05/10/11, 03:56 pm

(Jason)
=We arrived at the tower. It was just as imposing as last time, though the burn marks were new. Must have been from one of the attacks Joseph mentioned. We got to the front door, and instead of two, there was a team of guards there. And they all had their guns out=
Afternoon boys. Mr. Borden wants to see me, he called me himself.

*Guard*
One second Shepard. We have to confirm with Mr. Borden.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime05/10/11, 04:34 pm

(Miranda)
=I whispered to Jason=
They still know you?

(Jason)
Hey, I was Molly's bodyguard. They had to know me.

*Guard*
Okay Shepard, you're good to go. But I'm afraid I must ask you're friend to stay here. Mr. Borden invited you, and only you.

(Jason)
No problem. Just give me one minute.
=I turned to Miri=

Go back to the ship, and wait for me there.

(Miranda)
Got it. Just, be careful.
=I got back in the cab, and headed back to the docks=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime06/10/11, 03:27 am

(Jason)
=As I walked through the front door, and towards the elevator, I looked around. Everything seemed the same. Same old white tile, same ornate, wooden walls, and the same matte black elevator doors. The bullet holes were new though. And if my experience told me anything, they weren't old. A week, maybe a few days. Hell, it resembled the set of an action film. I got in the elevator, and went up=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime06/10/11, 03:44 am

(Jason)
=I got off the elevator at the top. A lot had changed. What used to be a luxurious penthouse, filled with the type of stuff that fell under the, "if you have to ask, can't afford it," category, had been transformed into a freaking barracks. The paintings? Gone, replaced with massive screens, showing everything from air-space, to security footage, of every floor. Furniture? Replaced with concrete clocks (I had no idea how they got them up there). The living room was turned into the command center, filled with guys in armor, and holding black-market weapons=
Jesus Christ! Who are they expecting to attack the place? Spartans?

=One of the guards saw me=

*Guard*
You Shepard?

(Jason)
Yup.

*Guard*
Mr. Borden's in his office. He's waiting for you there.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime06/10/11, 03:54 am

(Jason)
Thanks.
=I went across the living room (sorry, command center) and past a few more rooms, until I was outside Borden's office. Two guards stood outside, holding large assault rifles. They nodded to me, and I walked inside. Borden was sitting at his desk, reading something on his screen, when he looked up, and smiled=

*Borden*
Jason! Good to see you again.
=He stood up from his desk, his hand outstretched=

(Jason)
=I shook his hand, a small grin over my face=
Joseph, it's been a while.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime06/10/11, 04:47 am

*Borden*
It certainly has.
=When he saw my face, he looked shocked=
Shepard, what the hell? Your eyes? And what's with those marking?

(Jason)
Oh, it's a long story. Let's just say, a lot has happened.

*Borden*
It certainly has. But you seem to be the same man from before, so I guess it's only skin deep.
=He went over to one side of the room, pulled out two glasses, and a bottle of a very dark liquor. He poured the stuff into both glasses, and offered me one, which I took. We sat down=

(Jason)
So, I like what you've done with the place.

*Borden*
=He grimaced=
Yes, things have gotten......bad. As I'm sure you gathered from my message, I've been trying to go straight. I've been doing what I can, to move my business into more.... legitimate areas. I have discussed my intentions with the other families, and they have allowed this, in exchange for a severance package: mainly resources, contacts, and politicians under my control. Everything was going fine, until the coup.

=He drifted off, in memory=
Apparently, some were not patient enough to wait until I could get things in order, and they killed the heads of the other families, and began attacking me. They want me dead now, rather then let me walk away.

=He took another sip of his drink=
And that's not the worst bit.

(Jason)
What's the worst bit?
=I had a sinking feeling=

*Borden*
Molly ran away a few months ago, and she's covered her tracks pretty well. I have no idea where she is, and I'm too stretched out in resources to try and find her. Irresponsible, I know, but it has an advantage.

(Jason)
Let me guess: you're worried that if you go looking for her, then you'll lead the guys after you, to her. And once they realize who she is to you.......
=I didn't have to finish that statement. Hell, I didn't want to consider the ending, to that statement=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime06/10/11, 05:57 am

*Borden*
I need you to not just find Molly. I need you to take up your old job again, and protect her.
=he paused for a moment, as if troubled by what he had to say=

Perhaps permanently.

(Jason)
What, you don't think you can keep her safe here?

*Borden*
No, I don't. And I doubt that my enemies will let her live, even if they do kill me. After all, they won't risk revenge.

(Jason)
Alright, do you have any leads?

*Borden*
Only one. Before my daughter ran, she kept talking with whatever friends she still had about this party, or rave. Apparently, it was, or still is, the biggest rave of them all. However, I have no idea where it is, or who would know about it. I'm sure she's there though; she always loved to dance.

(Jason)
Okay, so other than a rave, do you have anything else? Maybe someone I can talk to? Or a name for this thing?

*Borden*
Yes. Apparently, the rave is called, "End of Line." Apparently, whoever started it wanted to honor some 21st century film, Tram something. The only guy I know, who might be able to point you to this thing, and he doesn't trust me at all.

(Jason)
What's his name?

*Borden*
Name's Johnny, Johnny Nolan. Apparently, he know where the place is.

=It wasn't a second after he said the guys name, that the sound of an explosion reached my ears=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime06/10/11, 06:44 am

*Guard*
=he burst through the door=
Sir, they're back! And there's more of them.

*Borden*
Aww hell. Not now. Shepard, I need you to get out of here, right now. Find Nolan, and find my daughter.

=another explosion, this time closer=

*Random Guard outside*
THEY BROUGHT A GUNSHIP!!!!!!!

=this time the sound of machine guns=

(Jason)
Dammit, where is he?

*Borden*
He runs a shop, over in the Beta district. It's a music store, can't miss it. Listen, get out of here, right no--

=an explosion, bigger and closer than the last one, shook the freaking building=

Fuck!
=he pulled out a gun from under his desk=

I'll buy you time. GO!!

(Jason)
Where exactly? The elevator is probably blocked by now!
=I already had my pistol out=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime06/10/11, 06:53 am

*Borden*
Hey, I've been preparing for this. I have an escape plan, but looks like you'll need it more than me. Come on!
=He walked over to the other side of the room, and pressed a button. The wall slid away, and showed another elevator=

(Jason)
Isn't that a little cliche?

*Borden*
Hey, take your escape routes where you can get them.

=this time, the doors slammed open, and two men with guns burst through, guns firing. I ducked, and so did Borden. He wasn't fast enough though; three shots hit him in the chest, and blood sprayed=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime06/10/11, 07:12 am

(Jason)
BORDEN!!
=I sprang up, and emptied the clip into both shooters. They went down, and I had to drag the table to the door, to block it off. I went back to Borden, and dragged him into the elevator=
Come on Joseph, you're not dying on me now! You still want to see your little girl? Huh? You stay awake dammit!

=the doors closed, and I felt the elevator drop=

*Borden*
She--Shepard.

(Jason)
=I knelt down=
Don't speak. I'm getting you to a hos--

*Borden*
You kn-
=he shuddered in pain=

You know they can't help me now. Shepard.
=he tried to get me to look in his eyes. I couldn't=

Look at me, Jason.

(Jason)
=I looked into his eyes. I saw him then, what was really going through his mind: fear. Fear, for his daughter. A father's love for his child was behind those eyes, something I had never known myself=

*Borden*
I've seen how she talks about you. I've known, how much she respects you......loves you. I only wish, I could have earned the same love. Take care of her Jason. On my deathbed, I name you her godfather.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime06/10/11, 07:50 am

=Borden died right there, in that elevator. No family with him, no peaceful goodbye. Just, dead, with someone he barely knew=

(Jason)
=I closed his eyes. I was disturbed by his words=
"I name you her godfather."

=Don't get me wrong. I cared about Molly, really, I did. But, her as my goddaughter? I didn't even know the first thing about being a real father=
One step at a time Jason.

=The elevator stopped, and I found myself in a garage, filled with cars. I didn't pick any of them though. I did choose the cycle though. There was a helmet, and I put it on. The keys were in the ignition, and I started the bike. It was a fairly large bike too; almost like a single seat car. The doors opened, and I drove the bike out of there. I headed for Beta district=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime06/10/11, 03:08 pm

(Jason)
=when I got far enough from the tower, I stopped an looked at what was behind me: the tower was on fire. It started at the top, right at the penthouse. It wouldn't be long before the fire consumed the whole building, unless the fire department got to it soon. I called the Serenity=

(Miranda)
=I was sitting on the bridge when the comm line beeped. Someone was calling. I activated my own comm, and took the call=
Hello? Who is this?

(Jason)
Miri, it's Jason. Things just hit the fan here.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime06/10/11, 04:04 pm

(Miranda)
What happened?

(Jason)
Someone attacked Borden's home. He's dead, and he wants me to find his daughter, and keep her safe.
=I didn't want to tell her about me being named Molly's godfather=

(Miranda)
Jesus Christ. Okay, what do you need?

(Jason)
For now, just stay on the ship. I'll contact you guys later.

(Miranda)
Where are you going?

(Jason)
With luck, I'll be going to a party.
=I got back on the bike, and continued into Beta district=

=Beta district wasn't so bad. It wasn't like Alpha district, where the elite lived. Beta was more like the middle class section of the city. Unfortunately, the store where Johnny Nolan worked, was located at the edge of the district, on the border between Beta and Gamma, the seedier part of the city=
Oh, this should be fun.

=I left my bike well within the boundaries of Beta district (hey, it was a nice bike, and I didn't want to walk) and made my way for the store. Like Borden said, it was a music store; outside, posters of all the great bands and pop-stars were glued to the windows. There were also bars on the windows. I walked inside=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime06/10/11, 04:23 pm

*Johnny*
Hey! Welcome welcome welcome! How can I help you today?

(Jason)
=I walked up to the counter where Johnny stood. He was a little older than me, and he had his hair slicked back, and greased. He blanched when he saw my eyes though=

*Johnny*
Whoa, your eyes.

(Jason)
=I already had my excuse=
What, these? Oh, I just had some work done. It's just for looks though, I can't see in the dark.

=He laughed a little, though I felt guilty--technically, I could see in the dark. Hey, I was a Spartan=

*Johnny*
So, what can I do for you? Is there any type of music you're looking for?

(Jason)
=Truth be told, yes I was, and I figured that while I was here.......=
Actually, I've been trying to find some old Van Halen songs. Think you have any?

*Johnny*
=he grinned=
You are in luck man, I have some copies of Van Halen's "Women and Children First."

(Jason)
Really? How much?

*Johnny*
Well, since it's a 21st century album, 50 credits?

(Jason)
That's fair.
=I pulled out my card, while he brought out a tiny little data crystal. I swiped the card, and everything had cleared=

*Johnny*
Okay, is there anything else I can do for you?

(Jason)
Yeah, I was wondering if you could help me find this event. I'm new here, and I've heard of this big party, called the "End of Line." I was told that you know when and where I could find it.

*Johnny*
End of Line? That's a big party. Sure you're up for it?

(Jason)
=I chuckled=
I've been to a lot of parties man, and they were pretty wild. But yeah, I can handle it.

*Johnny*
Well, you bought some music from me, and you've made a good impression.
=he reached under the desk, and pulled out two things: a map, and a tiny little ticket=

This will show you when and where. This will get you inside. Now, I suggest you dress appropriately man. This place is almost like a big, techno costume party.

(Jason)
=I took both items=
Thanks, I'll be sure to wear my party face.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime06/10/11, 05:14 pm

--An hour later, aboard the Serenity--

(Jason)
=I decided I'd wear the Combat Skin. It seemed good enough for a rave, and besides, it's not like anyone would instantly know what the suit really was=

(Miranda)
Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?

(Jason)
=I turned around. Miri was in the doorway, leaning against the frame=
I'm sure. I only have one ticket. Besides, I'm not going to party. I'm going to go in, find Molly, and get her out.

(Miranda)
Okay, just be careful.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime06/10/11, 05:20 pm

(Jason)
Hey, I'm always careful.
=I walked over, gave her a quick kiss, and left the ship. The bike I grabbed was outside the docks, and I had already seen where the rave was. The bike started, and I sped off for the industrial district. It took me maybe a half hour to get there, and I had to chain the bike up outside the industrial area. Then, I followed the "path" that was set up, to tell people where the entrance was. Another few minutes later, and I was at the doors. A bouncer was outside, and i flashed him my ticket=

*Bouncer*
Welcome to the "End of Line."
=he let me in=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime06/10/11, 10:11 pm

(Jason)
=the doors closed behind me, and I was in a long hallway. It was pretty basic: two doors, one behind me, the other in front of me. I started walking down the hall, and I began to hear music, though muffled=
They must have sound-proofed the walls or something.

=I got to the other doors, and opened them, walking into a freaking light show=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime06/10/11, 10:34 pm

**You know the drill**

=I was in a massive room, maybe the factory floor. It was cleared of machinery. Lights strobed like crazy, and music as loud as artillery shells filled my ears. The place was packed; people were dancing, and jumping. They had those little glow sticks, either hanging from strings, or worn like jewelry. A massive bar was set up st one end of the room, filled with drinks that were neon colored--red, green, orange, etc. At the far end of the place, a station was set up, with a DJ, and giant speakers. All the dancers, while still wearing those glow sticks, had clothes that glowed. Literally. It must have been some type of dye reacting to the lights. No one seemed surprised by my armor, if any of them even noticed. Hell, some shot me an approving nod. I kept walking around though. I had no idea where Molly was, or if she was even here. But, it was my best lead. I walked over to the bar, and asked for a drink. The guy gave me something neon blue, and I was a little hesitant to drink it=

*Voice*
Drink it! Trust me, you'll love it!

(Jason)
=I turned to face the voice, and was stunned. It was Molly, and she was all grown up. Though, in a sense of deja vu, she was not what I expected. Her clothes were black, and shredded. She wore combat boots, with neon blue laces. She had some piercings; one in her nose, another in that little spot under your lip. Her hair had been dyed two separate colors: one side was crimson red, the other was navy blue. I could make out a small tattoo on her neck. She was also well......figured. She had curves where it mattered, and then some=

(Molly)
=I felt my eyes widen in surprise=
Jason? What are you doing here? Oh my god, long time no see!
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime07/10/11, 12:18 am

(Jason)
Molly! How have you been!
=I hugged her, and she returned the hug=

(Molly)
Great. What are you doing here?

(Jason)
Looking for you. You need to come with me, now.
=I grabbed her hand, and started to drag her from the table=

(Molly)
=I pulled my hand out of his grip=
Why, what's going on?

=A thought struck me=
Dad! He sent you, didn't he? Well I'm not going back.

(Jason)
=I turned to face her=
Molly, your dad is dead! I saw him die!

(Molly)
What!

=just then, an explosion ripped through the place. People started screaming=
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Shepard and the Lamb   The Shepard and the Lamb Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Shepard and the Lamb
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next