Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3

Go down 
+10
The Meta
N
Dewsaur
Moose
Razgriz
The White Wolf
Draco
zeru
Teria
Spartan's Creed
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20
AuthorMessage
N
The Longterm Poster
N

Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime23/11/11, 12:15 am

The Captain responded irritably,"What!" He was having a bad day. First the Ships AI died, then the jump the AI programmed into the ship took them to so random place in the middle of nowhere, or so it seemed, to some backwater planet, and some of the patients needed desperate medical attention, something his medical staff could only handle to a point.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime23/11/11, 01:04 am

(Jason)
=I walked over to the man that shouted=
Are you the captain? If so, we need to talk, it's urgent.
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime23/11/11, 10:43 pm

=decides to head back to the landing area after hearing the troph had arrived=

Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime24/11/11, 06:11 am

(Jason)
=before I could actually get a response, Alpha Base hailed me, and told me about the prisoner they recently acquired. They wanted me to see him, gauge his threat level. Oh, and they told me how he killed one of my men=
Aww hell, just when I got next to MED-7's captain.

Uh, scratch that. I have some other matters to attend to. However, I will leave my Lieutenant here, in case you have any questions.
=I gestured to my Lieutenant, one Lt. Tucker, and had him stand by the Captain (or at least close enough to be noticed, but far enough to be out of the way), and headed back to Alpha Base=
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime24/11/11, 08:52 am

The Captain, irritated by the unnecessary distraction: "I don't know who you are but I did not dismiss you! Sit down! Now!"

Some chairs were nearby.

"I want you to address me again, and this time do it properly!"
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime24/11/11, 06:12 pm

(Jason)
Is he serious?
=I turned around, and faced the Captain=

Uh, I'm sorry Captain. Sorry if I did not address you with the same courtesy of your subordinates,
Yeah, forgive me if I overlooked the presence of Captain Yahweh.

but unfortunately, I'm extremely busy. I have defenses to build, people to train and equip, and supplies and resources to distribute. So you'll forgive me if I add you to somewhere to the middle of my list. Now, if you'll excuse me....

=I turned back to leave. Hey, I'm usually, a very diplomatic person, who shows all forms of respect and courtesy. However, like I said, I had bigger things on my plate, and if the Captain did not like it, then he'd have to deal with it. After all, he was already doing everything in his power to make sure his people were looked after, and cared for, so why shouldn't I?=
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime24/11/11, 07:35 pm

Captain: "I will not forget your insolence! I should have you reprimanded for your actions!" The captain was beginning to rant angrily when an intern ran into the tent, nearly knocking over Jason as he did.

"Sir! A patients gone critical and we don't have the equipment or the drugs to treat him!"
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime24/11/11, 07:45 pm

(Jason)
Okay, memo to me: do not let people with an overgrown God complex land on Haven.
=I regained my balance, and continued out of the tent, back to Alpha Base. On the way, I commed Lt. Tucker=

Tucker, I owe you, big time.

*Tucker*
That's an understatement sir.
=he sat down on one of the free chairs=
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime25/11/11, 12:14 am

(Fatet)

Fuck this, Im not staying in this place...

=I remove my helmet and look at the visor=

they might have my wepons but I can improvise...

=I put my fist though the visor and remove a jagged shard
I plunge the shard into my shoulder, possibly severing an artery an
d shout out in pain=

Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime25/11/11, 12:27 am

=the guards outside the cell heard a shout of pain=

*Guard #1*
What the hell was that?

*Guard #2*
I don't know. Check the eye slot.

=the guard outside the door opened the slot, and saw the prisoner cutting into his shoulder with a glass shard=

*Guard #1*
Oh shit, he's cutting himself!

*Guard #2*
He's got a weapon?

*Guard #1*
A piece of glass. Open the door!
=he already had his stunner out=
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime25/11/11, 12:38 am

(Fatet)

=I start to cough violently then spit out a mouthful of blood=

shit looks like I got an atrery after all... Better hope they want to question me...
=I cough more blood up and pull out the glass=
Back to top Go down
Sunrieon
The Wizards
Sunrieon

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime25/11/11, 12:58 am

Scythe:

= i find myself asleep=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime25/11/11, 02:39 am

=the guard opened the door for the first guard, and he walked in, his stunner out and raised=

*Guard #1*
Drop the weapon!
=he saw the blood on the ground, and knew the prisoner would need medical attention. But he couldn't get close with the guy holding that glass=

I said drop the weapon!
=the prisoner didn't drop the weapon, so the guard had to stun him. Again=

*Guard #1*
I need a med team here, now!

=a minute later, a medical team ran in, and transported the prisoner to the infirmary. There, the cut was cleaned and patched up, and he was tied to his bed=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime25/11/11, 02:52 am

(Lana)
=Kurbis and I had gone back to our room, currently, we were sleeping peacefully=

(Dormii)
=i walked up to what I guessed was an armory. I turned to one of the guards=
Mind if I take one of the weapons out for a spin?

=the plates on my arm rippled slightly, but stayed fairly consistent with their slow, graceful movements=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime25/11/11, 03:05 am

*Armory Guard*
Sure. We've managed to organize most of the weapons by function and power. All weapons in Rows 1-3, are small arm weapon, mainly pistols and sub-machine guns.
=the guard paused for a second in thought=

Well, we only call them that, because that's the best we can compare to them to. They're as small as pistols and SMG's and have the same fire rate. Anyway, rows 4-6 contain medium to long range weapons, a.k.a., assault rifles, carbines, and even snipers. And as for the very back row, the one that we have locked up.....that's the heavies. All the really big, powerful weapons, are locked up there, and sorry, but you can't try those out. And here's the funny thing: these aren't even half, of what was in the vaults where we collected them from. The Sentinels showed us what we were cleared to gather. Anyway, good luck. The firing range should be just through those doors over there.

=he pointed out the doors=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime25/11/11, 03:09 am

(Dormii)
=i nod=
Thanks.

=i walked in and grabbed a few Forerunner pistols and an "SMG." I walked over towards the firing range, once I saw it, and tried them out. They had the same look, same design aspect of my arm, which made sense, but had these light barrels or frames or something. I mean, the front half appeared once you turned it on, and it seemed to be made of light, which amazed me=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime25/11/11, 03:30 am

(Jason)
=I arrived back at Alpha Base, and made my way to the Communications Building. The "Comm" Building served as the bases' control center: orders could be delivered to the troops, while we could coordinate with bases Beta and Gamma, the other two being positioned near the other two major entrances. The only problem was the fact that because the entrances were so large, the bases could only cover so much of the entrances circumference. We had to rely on both Sentinels and our fighters to patrol most of the entrances. Anyway, once I got inside the Comm Room, (which we'd probably have to rename Command Center or something) I checked the status of Haven's defenses. So far, in addition to the twenty ships we already had, we now had another 16 ships, mainly cruisers and destroyers. Also, we now had 10,000 more fighters, and still plenty of willing soldiers. Granted, we weren't a true army. Most of Haven's population were still civilians, and by Silver's estimates, our army was only 400,000 strong, not including pilots and crews on the ships. We'd be able to make up for it though, what with Silver mass producing Sentinels=

Last edited by Razgriz on 25/11/11, 06:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime25/11/11, 08:31 am

Intern: "Sir! it's the highly contagious patient! The one that has the rapidly changing ß-SSV!"

Captain: "Fuck! We have to quarantine the camp before it spreads! Or has a chance to spread!"

[meanwhile, inside a tent, that happens to be within hearing distance of the Captains tent]
The sound of Nicholas is heard as he operates on a patient in one of the many tents.
Nicholas: "Hold shim still! he's going into cardiac arrest! I need some forceps in here! Where is my blood pack! we need more blood for the transfusion!get that out of here before you contaminate the medical tools! Did you here me? GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE! Finally! I need you to cut here, here, and here. That's it, we need some more ∆-modifiers in here! Where are those Anti-body enhancers! What do you mean we're out! FIND SOME! We'll lose this patient without them! FUCK! His BPM is dropping! We need to…………"

[30 minutes later]

Nicholas walks into the Captains tent, bearing bad news.

"Captain, where is the asshole who was supposed to bring medical equipment for us? We've lost over half our patients today!"

Captain: "He never brought them, just came and went, said he had more pressing matters."

"So, what, he has more pressing matters than saving over 200 people? What is he, heartless?"

Captain: "I don't know, son, I don't know."

"We need to move the remaining patients to a hospital, something meant to be used by humans for humans."

Captain: "I'm aware. Who did we lose?"

"All of section 1, 2, 3, and 5."

the Captain sighs, "That's over two-hundred and fifty people."

"Yeah, it is. Who the fuck answers a a a medical ships distress signal and then doesn't bring any supplies to help them? I mean what the fuck. I swear, some people just don't think these through."

Captain: "I know what you mean kid."

"I mean, it's like saying a captain has a god-complex for demanding a foreigner to respect his position. friggin stupid."

Captain: "What?"

"uh, never mind. Well, get his ass back here and tell him what-for! We need those medical supplies!"

the Captain, forgetting the man that the asshole (Jason) left behind, "He just left."

Nicholas, being as frustrated and fed up with just about everything, sighs, and leaves the tent. He started a brisk jog to where Jason had left, according to the people that saw him leave, and jogged after him.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/11/11, 05:44 am

(Dormii)
=i aimed at the targets, with iron sights that were made of light, and fired bolts of light at them. They kinda exploded, but it was hard to tell. I mean, when light shoots at light, it's hard to tell what really happens. Either way, I moved on to two pistols, and continued firing with no need to reload, which kinda put me off=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/11/11, 07:33 am

--Five Days till Covenant Fleet Arrival--

(Jason)
=I was still in the now renamed Command Center (Communications Building sounded.....dull) and was discussing potential strategies with most of my staff. As far as a fleet battle was concerned, we'd loose ships, no way around that. They may have been powerful, but we had nowhere near the numbers to take on a Covie fleet. Our best hope was a mix of the Forerunner Dreadnoughts, and the Sentinels.
If, or when it came to a ground scale battle, our chances would be better. Between the advanced weaponry, and the Sentinels themselves, we had a chance to push back enemy ground forces. And, if things got bad, we could hole up inside Haven, and close the entrances behind us. From there, we could use the teleporters to mount guerrilla attacks on enemy ground forces, while also building up new ships.

Now, as far as my staff went, they were actually pretty damned good. Don't get me wrong, I knew they were still fresh out of the Naval Academy, but these guys were the top of their class, and they were very intuitive thinkers, coming up with interesting strategies=
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/11/11, 08:11 pm

(Rain)

=I sigh as I leave the cryo chambers=
=I had gotten the message of his idiotic decision=
=Making me think=

I really have no reason to be here. Except for Talfie.

=I head off to the messhall of the Tropheaum=

Hell, I don't even know where we are.

=After about fifteen minutes of just walking around I found myself in the messhall at the counter looking at the food=
Back to top Go down
Sunrieon
The Wizards
Sunrieon

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/11/11, 08:14 pm

Talfie:

=i see rain=

hey!
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/11/11, 08:18 pm

(Rain)

=I look over to where the voice came from and my eyes are greeted with her=
=I wave over to her and walk up to her=

Hey, Talfie.

=I give her a hug=

What's up?
Back to top Go down
Sunrieon
The Wizards
Sunrieon

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/11/11, 08:19 pm

not much, you?
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/11/11, 08:23 pm

(Rain)

Nothin.
Just left the cryo chambers.

=I release her from the hug and sit down at the table=

Also been thinking of things
Back to top Go down
Sunrieon
The Wizards
Sunrieon

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/11/11, 08:24 pm

so what are you planning to do later?
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/11/11, 10:29 pm

(Dormii)
=i was happy with the way the pistols handled, I just wish they had a reload function, even if it was fake, just to put my mind at rest when I fired these things non-stop. I put them aside and picked up the "SMG." It was a bit larger, and fired faster, but had the same style as the pistols. The front part of it would just form into being when you turned it on. It was incredibly weird, but it was also cool=
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/11/11, 10:45 pm

(Rain)

=I look at her=

I was planning on leaving.
I've been in this ship for too long.
I want to go out. See what there needs to be seen.

I was also wondering if you would like to join me.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/11/11, 10:58 pm

=arrives back at the dockyard and sees the troph and heads up the grav lift=

=after he arrives at the bridge he comms dormi=

i found a place that has the crew numbers i need for the troph
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/11/11, 11:31 pm

(Dormii)
=i reply=
Okay, and?
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/11/11, 11:33 pm

gonna raid caltron-5
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/11/11, 11:35 pm

(Dormii)
Which is?

=i keep firing, getting a sense of how this thing works=
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/11/11, 11:37 pm

massive prison station has 300k prisoners several longsword squadrons turrets and around 1 thousand marines guards
Back to top Go down
Sunrieon
The Wizards
Sunrieon

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/11/11, 11:42 pm

i'd love to come with you!
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/11/11, 11:50 pm

(Dormii)
Sounds tough.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime26/11/11, 11:56 pm

yep wanna come with?
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime27/11/11, 12:43 am

(Dormii)
Nah, not this time. I think I'll stay here. I got something I want to work on.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime27/11/11, 12:52 am

ok gotta see if anyone else wants to come it's in the innner colonies so need to be fast
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime27/11/11, 03:08 am

(Rain)

=I smile=

Alright.
I'm gonna pack some things up.
Meet me in the hanger.

=I stand up and lay a kiss on her cheek=
=I head off to my room=
Back to top Go down
Sunrieon
The Wizards
Sunrieon

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime27/11/11, 03:10 am

=i run after him=

wait!? we're leaving now!?
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime27/11/11, 03:13 am

(Rain)

=I shrug=

Why not.
Everyone's doing there own little thing.
I'll have Kane give a message out.

Why, how much longer do you wanna stay?

-------

https://roleplaycorner.rpg-board.net/viewtopic.forum?t=289
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3   Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 8 NAME "Shit Happens" Part 3
Page 20 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20