Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Rebellions (open rp should anyone wish to join)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

The Rebellions (open rp should anyone wish to join) Empty
PostSubject: The Rebellions (open rp should anyone wish to join)   The Rebellions (open rp should anyone wish to join) Icon_minitime08/07/12, 12:30 am

My Name is Klïn Fûnimál seë Nuhmràè de Finaol po Deso, and I am a leader in the Rebellions.

The year is 70 AA, 2760 AD if you hadn't changed calenders. In 2690 AD, my race came to your planet, Earth. We needed a place to live, after our own planet was wiped out by a supernova. We came in peace, and were silently accepted as rulers of your planet. We became the leading force, the top government, the main military. You let us have a new home. Over the years, some of our kind grew to power-hungry. They wanted to make you slaves, take away your power to choose and make you little more than thinking tools. They gathered power, sacrificed others of our kind to do it, and built up an army. See, our race is considered magical, by you humans. All of my kind has psychic control of at least one of the basic elements. Energy, Solid Matter, Liquid Matter, and Gaseous Matter. Energy users can disrupt or enhance the bonds between molecules, create/remove/alter light, change the magnetic state of something etc. The other three, are fairly obvious, to anyone who has looked into magic before.

Artisans can create statues and paintings without ever lifting a tool or brush, a picnic breeze can be summoned at will, power outages can be eliminated within seconds with the wave of a hand. Of course, we turned this into military applications as well. Walls become crushers, oceans can be calmed or angered as a ship passes over it, tornadoes and lightning storms can be summoned form nowhere. Fireballs and floods at the hands of mortals. It naturally turned some mad.

While any race will have violent tendencies, we figured out a way to ensure we did not annihilate ourselves. A group, of us, so powerful in their abilities of Energy manipulations that they could alter the minds of those they encountered, saw the damage a powerful person could do, and vowed to make sure it wouldn't happen again. They used their energy, and implanted an impulse within the minds of everyone, and all our future children, to never lay hands on a complex machine made for war. No projectile weapons like your own could ever be wielded and created again, no armed vehicles and aircraft could be fashioned. We returned to what would be your medieval era, with bows and arrows and swords and shields.

A few, soon however, found a way around this mental impulse, and that is to design weapons around the medieval weapons, but with attributes a basic weapon could not have. Shield handles that could help us shape shields from ice or metal were fashioned, symbols and shapes engraved in them to spark psychic signals to our elements. Soon we had incorporated our gifts into our combat.

We became trained in the art of making lightning flow from our fingertips, or fire erupt on our swords. Armor became our greatest defense, and greatest weapon. Helmet with projectile predictors allowed archers to fire with greater accuracy. Hammers gained momentum generators, allowing even the smallest of swings to gain tremendous power. Swords made of crystals that could never dull and self-sharpened were created.

But we also found a way around in terms of vehicles. While our mental impulse prevented us from using any armed transports like your gunship, we could still create them in an unarmed fashion. Flying platforms with archer slits became common, while helicopters and large jets could roll heavy rocks or alloys out of the back, or even use what are known as ballistas in greater and greater numbers. While we could not have machine guns and missiles, we made our own form of them. Large clusters of crossbows or balls of napalm could rain down from flying vehicles, or mobile catapults could fling a group of small electric darts. All terrain walkers could arc lightning from a nose mounted canopy with an energy user in it. We could not make anything like your military, but we made our own.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

The Rebellions (open rp should anyone wish to join) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebellions (open rp should anyone wish to join)   The Rebellions (open rp should anyone wish to join) Icon_minitime25/08/12, 09:37 am

=I looked at the humans, all gathered around the meeting hall as I gave my speech. I was instructing them of the history, showing them what was going on. I had a presentation or something going on behind me, a slideshow and videos of what I was talking about, but I didn't pay much attention. I just kept going. I had the speech memorized, I had given it maybe 30 times in the past month alone. We were always getting new recruits, those who had heard about us, but didn't know everything. Or even those who did know, and wanted to join, all had to sit through this speech. Gods know why, or rather, my higher up knows why. So I kept going, covering the rest of our history, how we forged starships, and came here, took over, etc. Basics=
Back to top Go down

The Rebellions (open rp should anyone wish to join)
Page 1 of 1