Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet.

Go down 
+3
Malantai
Dewsaur
Colgate
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet. Empty
PostSubject: An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet.   An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet. Icon_minitime10/01/13, 06:33 pm

Basically, a new Halo Rp.

More realistic than the Original (i.e. No nations, no fleets, no personal ships etc.) but less so than the 2HRP (As in, there's no limit on how many of a certain character type, e.g 2 Spartans, 5 ODSTs, the rest Marines or Elites.)

And a second idea I had.

An RP focusing on Spartan IIs, (This is class II, by the way) starting when they're aged 6, skipping a few years every now and then, showing different intervals throughout the war, eventually stopping at a time we can all agree on.

Spartan IIs will have to be restricted to those who join at the start, but for those that join later on, there's Spartan IIIs, Elites and Marines.

As the title says, I haven't put much thought into this, if people are interested, I'll actually put some thought in.
Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

PostSubject: Re: An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet.   An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet. Icon_minitime11/01/13, 04:12 am

i dont know we tried a more realistic hrp but you know how that turned out
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet.   An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet. Icon_minitime11/01/13, 12:12 pm

Giga wrote:
i dont know we tried a more realistic hrp but you know how that turned out

Thats why I had this idea, less realistic than the new, more than the old
Back to top Go down
Malantai
Not cool enough for a real rank

PostSubject: Re: An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet.   An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet. Icon_minitime12/01/13, 01:15 am

I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet.   An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet. Icon_minitime12/01/13, 01:59 am

NEIN
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet.   An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet. Icon_minitime12/01/13, 05:28 am

Will people be able to go rogue? Just wondering. >.>
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet.   An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet. Icon_minitime12/01/13, 12:20 pm

Felix wrote:
Will people be able to go rogue? Just wondering. >.>

Probably not as Class II were Spartan IIs, I don't think they went rogue.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet.   An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet. Icon_minitime12/01/13, 03:18 pm

I'm in.

RPn S2s as kids growing up seems like a cool approach >.> count me into the S2 shenanigans .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet.   An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet. Icon_minitime13/01/13, 02:33 pm

There's a difference between realism and verisimilitude. You'll never create an environment that's gritty and inciting for players if people keep god-playing. There's no challenge in it, everyone tends to overcome the obstacles they face with no problems. Things like transport, supplies and basic human needs like shelter and rest never get addressed since there is always someone playing out their mansion fantasy.

I'm not saying you need to make these issues the forefront of an RP, that would just be ridiculous. However when it comes to stuff like wounds or shooting guys make yourselves imperfect. Take a hit once in a while and really suffer, miss the odd shot, rely on your friends for survival, and no I don't mean a giant team you made up yourself I mean the people actually playing the game. At the end of the day this is all about the social interaction right? It's about exploring a world together and the characters that live inside it. The best memories I have of RPing is from conversation I had with other people, it was never the action or a mission.

If you want to create a character that has ability and value don't just focus on skills, that isn't character development. Think about who you are RPing, think about how you move and act. Every human being has faults and just because you're a Spartan it doesn't make you immune from that. Have different motives and maybe even conflicts with other characters. Of course do this all in moderation and with reason, it's horrible to act in contrived circumstances.

Another note: Rising tension is a GOOD thing. Having the RP be shooty and death threatening all the time is dull and exhausting. You need to take time to reflect on current or even past events, this is where great Rp comes from.

Also if you are fighting and attacking someone talk about your position in relation to them. Lots of people RP on here in first person so they don't bother with that and it makes combat slow and it can be confusing.

Of course I'm only speaking from my past experiences, what I'm saying may not be what you want in an RP so take it with a pinch of salt.

Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet.   An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet. Icon_minitime13/01/13, 03:45 pm

Background of Class II

After the graduation of the first class of SPARTAN-IIs in 2525, Dr. Halsey began planning for the next wave of Spartans; her efforts, however, ran into problems. There were too few candidates that were in sync with her age restriction protocol and a majority of her funding was going towards MJOLNIR maintenance and construction; leaving little room for continued training efforts. By 2531, the majority of her funds had been diverted and she was forced to postpone the effort indefinitely.

Around six years later, however, it seems that enough candidates within the right age were numerous enough to begin a second class

Abductions would have begun in 2536/7, meaning that all Spartan II’s in the second class would’ve been born in 2530.

Plot

Start: ((See The Fall of Reach for more reference))
Starting just after being kidnapped, we will be marched into the same amphitheater that the first Class was, briefed and then sent to bed.

It’s self explanatory from here, time skips mean time has passed, I’ll post those whenever they’re needed, and decide out of RP if you make friends with another candidate during that time.

Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet.   An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet. Icon_minitime13/01/13, 04:39 pm

Magikarp wrote:
There's a difference between realism and verisimilitude. You'll never create an environment that's gritty and inciting for players if people keep god-playing. There's no challenge in it, everyone tends to overcome the obstacles they face with no problems. Things like transport, supplies and basic human needs like shelter and rest never get addressed since there is always someone playing out their mansion fantasy.

I'm not saying you need to make these issues the forefront of an RP, that would just be ridiculous. However when it comes to stuff like wounds or shooting guys make yourselves imperfect. Take a hit once in a while and really suffer, miss the odd shot, rely on your friends for survival, and no I don't mean a giant team you made up yourself I mean the people actually playing the game. At the end of the day this is all about the social interaction right? It's about exploring a world together and the characters that live inside it. The best memories I have of RPing is from conversation I had with other people, it was never the action or a mission.

If you want to create a character that has ability and value don't just focus on skills, that isn't character development. Think about who you are RPing, think about how you move and act. Every human being has faults and just because you're a Spartan it doesn't make you immune from that. Have different motives and maybe even conflicts with other characters. Of course do this all in moderation and with reason, it's horrible to act in contrived circumstances.

Another note: Rising tension is a GOOD thing. Having the RP be shooty and death threatening all the time is dull and exhausting. You need to take time to reflect on current or even past events, this is where great Rp comes from.

Also if you are fighting and attacking someone talk about your position in relation to them. Lots of people RP on here in first person so they don't bother with that and it makes combat slow and it can be confusing.

Of course I'm only speaking from my past experiences, what I'm saying may not be what you want in an RP so take it with a pinch of salt.

+100
Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

PostSubject: Re: An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet.   An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet. Icon_minitime14/01/13, 12:25 am

Magikarp wrote:

Well written.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet.   An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An idea, Haven't put much more thought into this yet.
Page 1 of 1