Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Phobos Anomaly (Independent Story)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

The Phobos Anomaly (Independent Story) Empty
PostSubject: The Phobos Anomaly (Independent Story)   The Phobos Anomaly (Independent Story) Icon_minitime13/02/13, 04:58 pm

===Phobos===
==Science base Sigma-7612==
=Test Chamber 4A, testing The Core=

=The chamber is a large metal room, largely barren. On the West side, one of the two shorter sides of the rectangular room, is the exit door. Connected to it is a raised platform, about two feet higher than the main floor. On the platform stands Doctor Nicholas at a computer console. On either side of his large console are stairs leading down to the main floor where Doctor Haskell stands, looking East through a wall of some clear material nearly a foot and a half thick. On the opposite side of the wall from the Doctors is "The Core", a metal ball about the size of a Human head, resting on a pedestal and emitting a deep humming sound, as well as a pale blue light=

"Careful! Watch those power levels!"
"Doctor Haskell, readings are off the chart!"
"Impossible. Check your calibrations."
"...."
"Doctor, the readings are accurate."
"Then why hasn't the core destabilized?"
"Unknown. But it seems like-"
"Doctors! We've just lost contact with the Deimos centers!"
"Hmm. Probably just a power short like the one Gamma-1842 had the other day. Any word on whether the Blink was successful?"
"The what?"
"The Teleport, Mister Daniels. Did the Cat make it through alive?"
"They didn't say before the signal cut."
"Interesting. Well, wait for them to come back online, and ask what happened. The core may have surged and overloaded their generators. They should be fine. Keep me posted."
"Yes, Doctor."

=Thirty-five minutes later. No contact from Deimos=

"Doctor?"
"Yes, Mister Daniels?"
"Still no word from Deimos. But... There's something else..."
"Well, out with it. I haven't got all day."
"Doctor, the Military base on Mars is telling us that they can't even see Deimos. It's like it isn't there."
"Not possible. Their Planetary Cloaking device hasn't even entered the Alpha stage. Doctor Haskell, what do you make of this?"
"..."
"Doctor Haskell?"
"Hmm? Oh, yes. Well, I suppose it's possible that they have-"
"Doctor! Look!"
"What? The core... Something's coming through! Brace the Surge Protectors, make sure the Blast Shield is secure!"
"Working! ...Done!"

"D̴̜̟̱͖͙̩̥̠̍̉̌͛̔ͮ͝e̷͕͙̩̦̲͛́̇͞m̖̘̩ͫ͌̃ͯ̏̍̇̿́u̲̖̲̪͂̊͊͝m̞̤̥̱͈͕̪͙̣ͮͮ̂͗ͦ͐̇̕.͈͙̳͌̀͜.̂̎͝͡͏̠.̹͇͇̗̠͔̗̿̉͂̓̄͜͟ ̞͈̦̭̮̐́i̸̥͙̻͈͔͚͓͔̍ͥ̃̂n̝͈̺̖̐̿ͬͩ͆ͨͦ̄̀͜ ̷̸̰͈̬̦̰͇̦̺̅́ͯ̂̇͜ḽ̴͙̥͔͔̌̄̂͊͆ͨ͊̏̕͟ǔ̖͇̝͚͍̱̙̺͛ͬͭ͒ͣ̚ͅx͖̫̱̺̺͛̓ͮ̈ ̶̷̡̥̣̣͋ͮͨ̚ͅq̧̫͈̜͉͛̑͌̏ͣͦͬ͌ͅͅṵ̴͕̦̪̋̈ͦ͊͟ï̻̱͖͔̙̥̬̮̅ͣ̆͜͞ ̵̢͇͍̟͎͍͈͑̐d̯̟͈̞͖̙̭ͣ̎̀͂̊̽̔̀̚e̛͓̓̀̍̉͟i̷̴̮̙͕̹̙̠̬̊̌͐̏̀̓ͮ̚c̡͉̱͇̙̃͗ͯ̽ͬ̾̓̑́į̡͚̭̟͐͐̈́̿ͮ̈́͂o̬͓̔͐̒ͯ́.̘͍͉̪̮̹̓́.̲̥̯̐͒͆̀̑̄̚.̧̱̗̫̾͋̏̚͝ ̸̛̻̠̬̝͖̞̯͔̎ͧ̍̽ͪ̆ͯ̕ḙ̴̠̹̰̱̭̳̐͋ͫ̐̈͡x̴̧͉̱͇͙̗̖̬̲̌ͥ ̞͓͚͉̱̟̅͋̐̄͒ͧ͘͜c̡̻͎̜̱̮͒̆͌̊̕͞ồ̶̰̲̝̬̤̹̱̰̇͂͘è̗̲͈͕̦̮̙͑lͬͯͭ҉҉̖͉̺ủ̪͕̭̻͈̤͚̅́m̯̖̠̫ͭ̊͢ͅ.͍͈̠͍̤̰̘̹̆ͪ.̙̞̈́̅.̷̯̥̺̅̒̈̋̉ͮͫ"

"What the hell was that!?"
"Doctors! There's a Distress call coming from Deimos!"
"Wait... just a moment... I want to see..."
Back to top Go down

The Phobos Anomaly (Independent Story)
Page 1 of 1