Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Rise: An Introduction

Go down 
+9
Felix
Dewsaur
Janitor
The Meta
Kabnit
FallenSanity
Teria
The White Wolf
N
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Moose
The Longterm Poster
Moose

The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/04/13, 10:11 pm

I shook his hand before looking around, not bothering to say much, or anything. I assumed it would be best to wait, as some form of CO would eventually turn up
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/04/13, 10:23 pm

Kamil smiled as she shook his hand, "A bit quiet... that's alright, I'll just be over here" He pointed to his right, where his bag was. He took out an old picture of his family. He smiled, barely touched the picture with his index and middle finger. He then put it back got in a relaxed stance and waited for a CO to eventually come by and talk to them both.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/04/13, 11:37 pm

(Commander Aegir)

Commander Aegir entered the hanger, walking briskly, with purpose. He approaches the new arrivals to the Athena's PRovince, Kamil Turksi and Autumn Luddington.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime11/04/13, 11:39 pm

Kamil see's the commander from a distance and squints, "Whose... whose that?" He couldn't see any rank on him, for he was to far from them. After a bit, Kamil saw them and stood at attention and threw up a salute.
Back to top Go down
Moose
The Longterm Poster
Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime12/04/13, 12:22 am

Upon seeing who I assumed to be the Commander, I stood at attention, saluting.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime12/04/13, 02:31 am

(Commander Aegir)

"At ease," Aegir comes to a stop in front of the two spartans. "You're late." He says looking from one to the other.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime12/04/13, 02:32 am

Kamil lowers his salute, "We know sir!" He was a bit nervous, "Mechanical problems back at base, sir!"
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime12/04/13, 04:21 am

(Commander Aegir)

He chuckles, "Welcome to the Athena's Province. Follow me, I'll give you the tour."
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime12/04/13, 04:24 am

Kamil relaxed a bit and grabbed his bag, he nodded towards the Commander. "Of course sir!" He was surprised on how nice the commander was.
Back to top Go down
Moose
The Longterm Poster
Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime13/04/13, 05:03 pm

I nodded, following the Commander and the other Spartan who had arrived with me.
Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime13/04/13, 05:10 pm

"It looks clear to me. Moving up."

I take another quick scan at my surroundings. I then I booked it for a medium sized boulder around 40 yards and 4'oclock from my position. I peeked out from behind the rock, scanning my position.

"It looks clear you can mo...hey what's that?

About 15 yards north from my position a metal object , sort of like a small platform, approximately two by two square. There was something on top of it. It looked like another metal object that has similar properties than a boomerang.

"Hey J come here."

I stood at my position and waited for my teammate.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime13/04/13, 09:28 pm

Doc wrote:
Kamil relaxed a bit and grabbed his bag, he nodded towards the Commander. "Of course sir!" He was surprised on how nice the commander was.

Moose wrote:
I nodded, following the Commander and the other Spartan who had arrived with me.

(Commander Aegir)

"Are you both new to being a Spartan IV?" Aegir said, as he walked quickly.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime13/04/13, 10:51 pm

Kamil processed what the commander said, "Well I am, sir... I was a Corpsman before this for the UNSC Navy." He held his bag around his shoulders, it was exciting to see something so big.
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime13/04/13, 11:15 pm

I thought I had seen something off to my left, so I quickly scoped my rifle, aiming in that direction. A few leaves on bush were still waving, like something had nudged it.
Are there animals in these simulations?
I wasn't sure, so I kept an eye over there.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime14/04/13, 06:14 am

I took a deep breath and moved up, getting myself next to my teammate as I followed his view.

"The Hell..." I moved forward slowly, my eyes scanning the area and my barrel aimed directly forward as I moved up the object.
Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime14/04/13, 02:26 pm

I scanned the area as my teammate moved up and then I followed suit. Soon Jack and I were standing in front if the object.

"What do you think it is?"

*note*thruster pack
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime15/04/13, 05:16 pm

I get in position, at least I hope from where I can see. Remember I was the Heavy, I don't get to go on very many stealth missons.

"...Ready"
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime15/04/13, 06:13 pm

=I take my position, leveling my rifle=

In postition. Waiting for your go.

=I wait for the order to strike=
Back to top Go down
Moose
The Longterm Poster
Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime15/04/13, 10:08 pm

"Yes. Sir." I said, following the Commander.
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime16/04/13, 02:19 am

I didn't really know. It looked entirely foreign to me.

"Keystone, you still up there? We've got something." I leant down to look at it, my awareness fading with every second; the people and enemies around just didn't matter, it seemed.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime16/04/13, 02:54 am

it's like these Rookies never went through training. Were they just accepting anyone and augmenting them these days? I give a small sigh and flash a green acknowledgment light before beginning to move forward for the flag.
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime16/04/13, 03:02 am

I was looking through the brush in the distance when Jack broke over my comm.

"What do ya see, Gideon?"
Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime16/04/13, 04:09 am

We stood there for a couple of moments until it hit me. I gave a gentle hit to Jacks shoulder.

"Duh! Tactical scan."

My visor instantly changed huds and now everything had a blue hue to it. Only my teammate and the object had any distinctive glow to them.

"Hmm now let me see...spartan augmentation, classification armor ability. Oh ok. It's an armor ability. Cool beans."
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime16/04/13, 05:23 pm

Doc wrote:
Kamil processed what the commander said, "Well I am, sir... I was a Corpsman before this for the UNSC Navy." He held his bag around his shoulders, it was exciting to see something so big.

Moose wrote:
"Yes. Sir." I said, following the Commander.

(Aegir)

"Getting a lot of fresh meat lately. I guess recruitment is up since last year." Aegir said flatly. He slows down to a halt. "Well, this is the messhall, if you haven't eaten, now's the time. We'll be walking around for quite a bit."
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime16/04/13, 07:04 pm

Kamil nodded and saluted, dropping his bag on top of his feet. He blinked twice, didn't feel very good. "Yes sir!" Kamil grabbed his bag and hobbled over to the entrance line. After thinking about it, he was a bit hungry.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime17/04/13, 02:59 am

=I silence the comms, muttering a choice curse word, and then put the comms back online=

This is going to be a long time staying here...

=I then flashed my light, following her lead, but providing cover in case anything went south=

Last edited by The Meta on 18/04/13, 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime17/04/13, 05:01 am

N wrote:

The Pelican (Warbird-1) approached the spectacularly green planet that bore so much resemblance to earth. As they drew closer, the marines loaded up their weapons, checked their suits systems and helmet-cams. They checked their bio-foam supply, their field equipment, made sure the backpacks were full of what they'd need in case they were spending the night. Routine, as only the military could achieve.

LC. Baldwin, turned around to face the squad, "Who has the Spoofer?"

PFC. Nick O., Without turning around from his pack, "That'd be me, Turner."

LC Baldwin, "Oh great, he has the spoofer, let's hope you don't lose this one."

LC Nick O., responds, "You mean like the time you lost your rifle in that last mission?"

LC Baldwin turned a shade of red, "Shut it! That was your fault!"

PFC Nick O. chuckles at this and shakes his head, double checking his gear to make sure he had everything.

In the Cockpit, the Pilot and Corporal Eir are talking about the time it will take to get to the LZ. Marines. Charles H. and Alex C. are talking quietly, and Ryan Anders is staring blankly at his pack.

Adam-025 ran a hand through dark brown hair, looking around the Pelican a few times over. He smirked to himself as the squad squabbled like any band of brothers should.

You idiots lost a fuckin' Spoofer? He thought to himself in a joking manner...mostly. After giving the ship his first once-over, he noticed a Marine marked on his HUD as 'ANDERS' staring blankly at his pack. Either he was craving attention, or he was nervous about something. Either way he figured he should check on the boy. He unstrapped from his seat, leaving his pack and making his way over to Anders, crouching before him to get to eye-level, removing his helmet to look him in the eye,

"Something the matter, Son?" He knew physically the two looked only years apart...but he found over time a father figure got better results than a friend. In this situation, at least.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime17/04/13, 09:13 am

The green light! Duh! Completely forgot to use it! Ah well. Looks like it's too late really. So I move up as the others do.
I thought for a slightest moment of moments that I should attack first. But it's her call so...
Back to top Go down
Moose
The Longterm Poster
Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime17/04/13, 10:54 am

"Yes Sir." I said quickly, not dropping my bag like the other Spartan, and heading into messhall. I wasn't hungry, but it would be best if I had something to eat, in case I did end up getting hungry later on.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime18/04/13, 08:57 pm

Kamil took his food, and his bag to a table. The food looked alright, but nothing like what was back home. He sat down, and then he began to eat. In all honesty, it tasted better then it looked.

He chuckled, Wonder where that other Spartan got... maybe it was better then mine
Back to top Go down
Cel
The Active Poster
Cel

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime18/04/13, 11:02 pm

I chow down on my food, looking up from time to time to say something or make jest at rest of the guys at the table. I set up, finished and look around at the others.

"Hey, hurry up and eat your food before it eats you."
Back to top Go down
FallenSanity
The Active Poster
FallenSanity

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime23/04/13, 05:52 am

I shake my head and look over my shoulder, back to the general area that Keystone was in.

And I saw something move.
"Get down!" I muttered, instantly dropping to a knee, and pulling up my pistol, scanning the area.
"Someones there. Get that armour ability up and running."
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime25/04/13, 09:12 am

=Soon, it was all clear. The Mongoose was now little more than a pile of parts, all resembling a complete and whole Mongoose, but individually, it made no sense to the untrained eye. I gathered up some of the parts and carried them off to the spare parts room, setting them down to be sorted later by the individuals who work there. I tried to make it as neat a pile as I could, keeping the smaller pieces in the open to as not be missed, with some hanging loose in their slots, again so they would not be missed upon inspection. I made several trips, passing by several other vehicles being worked on in the process. Soon however, the job was done, and I signed myself out of that vehicle's task, noting down what I did to it and where it has since ended up. I walked around now, debating to start on another job or take a break for a while. My muscles burned, but as a Marine and a Spartan, I didn't let it effect me at all. It was there, but I pushed past it for now. I did, however, give myself the luxury of stretching my arms and body out, to help try and ease the pain=
Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime29/04/13, 10:37 pm

I quickly grabbed the armor ability and held on tight to it. I rushed to nearby cover and grabbed my AR off my back, checked my clip and readied for combat.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/13, 08:58 pm

Kamil waited for the other Spartan, "Maybe she got lost on her way to the mess hall."
He smirked at the idea and kept shoveling food into his mouth. He didn't know what was in this but hey, it tasted good for being some kind of gunky lookin' stuff.
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime20/07/14, 11:52 am

I had just returned from a mission and moved to the mess hole, seeing much more Spartans around then before but I shrugged it off and sat alone. Eating the contents out of my plate I eyed some of the new looking Spartans and thought about if these guys would make it past training but decided to keep to my self, "I'm sure they can handle themselves, they are Spartans" i quietly said to myself with a little chuckle
Back to top Go down
shadowoof
Member of the Community

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime20/07/14, 11:53 am

[well at least i got the last laugh]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: An Introduction   The Rise: An Introduction - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rise: An Introduction
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5