Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Capital of the Dead

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Felix
The Longterm Poster

Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/10/13, 11:46 pm

"So what now? Were you going anywhere?" I jump back down from the tire and landing on my feet.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/10/13, 11:56 pm

"I was trying to head for home" She answered honestly. "I've not heard from my family and I... Was well going to see if they had made it or not" She looked away and said. "To get some closer... They would do the same for me" Lauren shook her head and slid her helmet back on, before turning to face Logan. "What about you and Mike? Where you heading to any place in particular?"
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/10/13, 07:03 am

Frank got up, he couldn't sleep. He reached into the couch and grabbed a flask. It was full of Whiskey, this whole undead outbreak was stress enough, now he had promised a little girl that he would her father for her. He would most likely be out by one of the posts near the border where no one can exit or enter. Anywhere near it, they'd both be shot thinking they were hostile. But a promise was a promise.

He took a quick swig and looked at the coffee table. A ham radio was all he needed to get a hold of the military and get her out. She didn't need to be here, not in this hell. Though she had gone through it already, Maybe the radio in the ambulance works.. Not sure. Worth a shot. He put on his boots and walked to the bedroom, opening the door. She was under the blankets, looking like she had fallen asleep. He wrote a quick note that read; Dear Aria, I'll be in the ambulance. If you see this note, that's where I'll be. No worries, I can handle myself. If the sun breaks through, and you don't here a knock, than I am probably one of those things. I'll keep the place locked tight. Emergency exit is in the next apartment window. You'll know it when you see it. Emergency ammo is in the closet safe, the numbers are, 12-11-13. Just like a school locker, but with cool stuff. See ya soon, Frank

He sighed, and opened the door. Locking it behind him. As he went down stairs, it had gotten colder outside, the horde hadn't come by yet, thank god. He moved the barricade, and opened the door. Then placing everything back as it was. He went into the alleyway, and turned the radio on. Switching to every station that was available. So far, all it was, was static.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/10/13, 08:46 am

"We were looking for food, water, guns maybe. Wood too, because we don't have any barricades back at our place."
I shrug as smile at her. "Not unless you have crates of long lasting food and bottled water on ya."
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/10/13, 12:20 pm

Lauren shook her head. "Sorry all I got is some MREs and a couple of flasks of water I will share what little I've got though it is the least I can do"" She tapped her MP5K with a smile. "Oh and I have some firepower... Helicopter crashes don't allow for you to take large crates with you"
She drew her side arm and ejected the spent magazine before inserting a fresh one and pulling the slider back with a click. "Mind you... If I was a crazy fool which I am not but requiring supplies which I think we all are my base will have plenty but like all good things there are hordes of zombies there" She feel silent for a moment. Her eyes distant but her brow narrowed in deep concentration. She shook her head as if to clear it before saying. "I... If you are in need of supplies my crash might hold some still however there was a nut case there who shot me and the others down" It was something worth thinking about at least, if there was still stuff there, weapons, ammo and maybe even a working radio then it would be worth the risk.
Lauren's own radio was busted, she had not been able to fix it and part of her wanted to see if their was anyone still broadcasting on any of the military channels.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/10/13, 03:26 pm

Aria woke up fitfully, shaking. As she swung her bare legs out of the bed, she could still feel the horror that was done to her. She stumbled out to find Frank's note. Checking to ensure the wall safe was full of ammo, she relocked it and gathered her things. She went into the bathroom and used what little water she dared to clean herself up using a towel, then dressed in fesh clothes. Stickingf her father's Mark 23 in it's holster on her betl, Aria went out and curled up on the couch to wait for Frank to return.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/10/13, 04:50 pm

He sat in his Ambulance, trying to find someone. He finally found something after hours of searching. It was full of static but it sounded like a Military warning.

All civilians *static* this is your Secretary of Defense speaking *Static*.... Do not be alarmed of the curr*static* of the East Coast. As of no*static* taken precautions to exterminate the remaining undead population so you all may not need to worry. We are also authorized to shoot to kill on si*static*thout the rules of engagement affecting us. Stay on this frequen*static*o hear all news regarding the outbreak.

Frank Turned it off, and all he could do was sit there and be baffled by what the SoD said about all of it. He unlocked the Ambulance and headed back to the front door. In the distance he saw a large group of Zombies headed towards him, it wasn't like them to do this. Not in these parts. Not now, it's only 2am... They usually passed by an hour ago. Better get inside... He unlocked the door, and moved the barricade. Putting it back as he entered the building. He ran upstairs to the third floor, and to the apartment. He knocked on the door, "Aria! It's Frank! Open the door, and shut any lights off! Hurry!"
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/10/13, 09:22 pm

"Well... if there are hordes of them, we can't go. We only have tools to fight with. We're mechanics you see..."
I thought about it for a second. But nothing came up, nothing sane anyway. "It's not like we can sneak in there."
I scratched at my chin. "Not unless you've got an idea?"
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/10/13, 09:32 pm

She listened before shaking her head sadly. "No I don't really have a better plan... Mine was to head for home if you where heading to any of the forts, bases or evacuation centres I'm sorry but they are all gone" Lauren tapped her MP5K and scanned the environment around them. "We should get moving and mind if I tag along? I kind of owe you both my life so it is the least I can do"
Lauren was not sure if they would let her, they might after all it would make more sense to. She had combat training and Lauren was not bad looking either, rather attractive. "Sorry if I am a bit of a downer but I don't want you two to end up in the zombie swarm centres"
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/10/13, 01:23 am

Aria switched off all the lights she could reach as she ran to the door. Opening it, Aria began to run around, turning lights off. She wasn't asking questions right now, instead just making the place near-pitch black.
"I guess going to get more supplies from my house is out of the question..."
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/10/13, 01:42 am

He entered the room, "As of now, yes. If things calm down tomorrow, we'll go to your house then. Until the sun breaks, we'll wait."

He sat down, took the flask from the couch once more and took another swig. All of the things he just heard from the Government, and the horde that is passing through as of now. It was a little bit much for him to take.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/10/13, 03:13 am

Aria curled up behind the couch.
"What now Frank..." she asked softly, hugging her knees to her chest. "Just wait?"
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/10/13, 10:05 pm

"No no, that's fine. I'd prefer I didn't join them, shuffling around without a meaning. Mike on the other hand..."
He just shook his head which made me chuckle. "And no, I have no problem with you tagging along. I mean you meant us harm you'd done it by now."
I look up in the direction of the sun and squint my eyes. "Well then we better get going if we're going to find anything. "
I went over to the driver's side but almost forgot to ask. "You want to stay back there? Or do you want the middle seat?"
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/10/13, 10:13 pm

"I'll be fine in the back, not sure if there would be room for me in the middle anyway" Lauren replied nervously watching the shadows for any signs of movement.
She sighed and fiddled with her MP5k, she was not wanting to remain out here for much longer. "How long have you two been out of the road for?" Lauren decided to try and make conversation. "It would be easier if I found you two when I was in my helicopter" She sighed missing the feeling of being in the sky.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/10/13, 01:39 am

Frank drank some more of the Whiskey, silent. Not able to say anything, he looked to the floor. Shook his head. He then put the flask on the table, and then looked at Aria, "You know that feeling where you can't say nothing, and can't eat nothing, or drink... Anything. You just stop feeling, because you don't know what to do."

He looked at her, his eyes became glassy. He missed his family, and his friends. His neighbors, co-workers, his girlfriend. For the past few weeks, he had to kill everyone he had known because they were mindless zombies. All he had was himself, but now he had Aria. In a weird way, he was happy he found her. So he hugged her, tightly. His only friend, and it was a little girl. Something most people in the old world would say was creepy. But now she was the reason he was still here.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/10/13, 02:42 am

Aria nearly went crazy. When Frank hugged her, she thought her nightmare would return with a vengeance. But no...this hug was...desperate.
She didn't hug back...more scaded then anything.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/10/13, 04:49 pm

"We have a little 'base of operations' back down a a few dozen streets. So we've only been out for about half an hour."
I got into the driver's seat, Mike already sitting in the passenger's. The little back window was already open, so she'd probably hear.
"Though saving you might've pushed it to an hour. Either way, we gotta get moving." I started the engine and pressed the pedal.
We were on our way again.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/10/13, 05:57 pm

"No arguments here" She responded, deciding not to go for the standard I'm in the military I am in command. That would get her no where and besides they seemed to have survived fine without military assistance.
Not that the military could have done much, as far as she knew everyone was scattered, regrouping somewhere. Lauren sighed and rested her head against the back of the cab watching the roads go past. Here she could deal with any zombies that tried to follow them or hostile people for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime31/10/13, 01:19 am

He sniffled a bit, then backed off, moving away from her, "Sorry, I just... I haven't had a friend, or anyone to talk to besides people who were already turning. Not a.." He waved his arms around trying to think of what to say, "Not an actual person, who wasn't crying, or was in their last breathes of life... Again, I'm sorry. We'll set out to find your Dad tomorrow.." He got up, and went to the bathroom. And stayed quiet.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime31/10/13, 04:53 am

Aria was slightly taken back, then got up.
Slowly approaching the door, she knocmed softly.
"You're the first person since the outbreak besides...m...mommy that...that wanted to help." She sniffed. "I can't show my gratitude more then saying thank you. B..but...you...didn't have to....say you'd help me find daddy...y...you have no obligation..."
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime09/11/13, 07:21 am

He sat down on the toilet, tears running down his face, and his hands against his eyes, "I do have an obligation. I swore to help those in need of helping... And everyone in this cursed city is in need of helping... Killing them, or helping them find someone. At 0900 we will go out and scavenge for food, and supplies, and find your father."

He whispered to himself, knowing he could be killed, "Even if they kill me..."
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/11/13, 04:46 am

Aria said nothing, only adjusted herself to settle down on Frank's lap.
"Please...stop crying..."
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/11/13, 07:28 pm

Frank wiped his face, and saw Aria on his knee, "So, how did the prisoners not become one of thoughs... Things, before they got to your house? The zombies were crawling everywhere in a matter of four days. At first it was section by section, then it was county by county, then it hit the cities... Then some of the states."
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/11/13, 01:31 am

"I don't know...but...maybe four turned after they got there..." She looked down. "They kept turning..."
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/11/13, 06:08 am

Frank became puzzled, he looked down for a second, and saw the sun rising through the windows. "We should searching. Grab some gear, and lets go. I'll meet you downstairs when you're ready."

He picked her up and moved her off of his lap, and grabbed his pistol, and his keys to the ambulance. Looks like we're going to the borders that the military put up... They won't be friendly, so I'll keep her in my car.

As he went downstairs, he got to the entrance, and peeked outside. No sign of Zombies anywhere... Should probably check out the area first before we start heading out.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/11/13, 03:02 am

Aria grabbed what she could, as well as her pistol. She clutched it fearfully, walking closer to Frank.
"W...where's going to m..my home?"
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/11/13, 03:33 am

Frank looked down, "Your home is beyond the borders of the fences the Military put up... That's where we'll find your father... That's where you belong Aria."

He walked outside, and towards the Ambulance, taking the tarp down. "Let's get moving... I don't want to stay here very much longer."

As the birds chirped outside, and the sun was peeking over the ocean from the east, the zombies were moving towards the outskirts of DC, the suburbs. 100s of 1000s were moving in one direction, trying to find something to eat. Their moans grew ever louder, and their step became a bit faster, but with a limp. The broadcast from the Secretary of Defense was still going loud over the radio stations, and the military was on strict orders to kill anyone on site. Dead or alive.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/11/13, 07:10 pm

Aria nodded, heading after him. "So we're going there?" she tried to clarify. She barely was sure what was going on. All she knew was that Frank was trying to help her.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Deadpool
Storyteller
Doctor Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime16/11/13, 04:30 am

Frank nodded, "When we get where we're going you're going to stay in the Ambulance unless I say so, alright? No questions asked." He walked towards the driver door, unlocked it then unlocked the passenger door, "Hop in... We have some time to kill."

He swung the door shut and fired the engine up, and kept the lights off. He turned the Ambulance radio off, and put in a CD before any of the Military members could speak into his truck, "Now.. I hope you like rock'n'roll. Because it's all I got."
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime16/11/13, 05:06 pm

Aria climbed in, buckling up.
"It's fine..." she said softly.

Aria stared at her lap, going quiet again.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/11/13, 11:17 pm

After driving around for quite some time we finally made it to the store. Some of the roads were blocked by the walking bodies.
I put it into park and get out. "We're here finally. Sorry about the wait." I said to the two. "Now hopefully there's food in here."

Last edited by Felix on 28/11/13, 05:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/11/13, 08:13 am

Lauren nodded and dismounted, she scanned the area uncertainly as if she expected the undead to already be upon them. Perhaps it was only the sound of battle and the smell of blood that attracted them. If that was the case she made a mental note to limit the amount she killed, unless there was no point like they knew she was there already so it would not matter how many of them she put down.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/11/13, 05:21 am

I looked at Lauran and asked. "Uh. You want to go first?" Mike kinda chuckled. "Making a woman go first into a small space with biters?" I grinned. "Ladies first."
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/11/13, 09:07 am

"Well aren't you two brave?" She said teasingly, more from nerves than as an actual taunt. Lauren entered cautiously, her MP5K raised. It was quiet inside.... Too quiet for her liking.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/11/13, 10:54 pm

I follow her inside and took a quick glance at everything. Shelves had fallen onto others which knocked those down. There were old check-out stations, carts littered about and trash on the floors. If anything it looked like it's deserted.
"Well." I begin. "We should definitely be careful. And um. Quiet." Mike just facepalmed. I ignore him. "Let's see if there's any canned food or something."
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/11/13, 11:08 pm

"Oh please make sure to tell me if they eat me" Lauren said sarcastically. "Relax boys, Lauren is in town... Fearless, heroic and beautiful" She had the pilot's can do attitude, nothing seemed to faze her.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime04/12/13, 12:24 am

I saw Mike sorta giggle at the statement. "I'm starting to like you already." I shake my head. "Whatever Micheal. Let's go." I lead the way towards the canned food aisle. I wasn't sure how many other people survived. Lauran is the only other person I've met apart from the mechanics. I didn't know what I was expecting when I found the aisle.

Cans littered the floor and shelves. Anywhere from corn to beans to soup. It wasn't fully stocked of course. But there was still a considerable amount everywhere. "Hot damn. That should feed them for awhile now." Mike said from somewhere to my left. I nodded. "We should hurry up and start getting this back to the truck..."
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime04/12/13, 12:57 am

"You guys get the stuff I'll watch your backs no doubt you'll be fine watching mine" She ordered, weapon raised. Though she acted calm, well cocky and gung-ho. Lauren was scared, no terrified but she never let that part of her show. Fear was just part of being a soldier, she had to keep calm and do her job what little was left of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capital of the Dead   Capital of the Dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Capital of the Dead
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2