Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All

Go down 
+4
N
The Meta
Xion's Memory
Razgriz
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22
AuthorMessage
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime10/05/14, 07:46 am

"I will too James." Hibiki agreed.

Eve followed Sam. She had all her gear, but had freed one hand to hold onto Sam's. She looked like she wanted to cry, but held it in.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime11/05/14, 02:54 am

The group left the house, heading for where the cars were parked. There were other people from the caravan, leaving their houses as they carried their guns and backpacks. Book was by the tank, waiting and looking concerned. When he saw James he walked over and said "James....I've heard some of what happened. Is it as bad as I heard?" James could only sigh and say "Worse."
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime11/05/14, 04:09 am

Eve was clinging to Sam's arm as Hibiki hefted her gun one handed. Hayley had her bandaged and said it should heal fine with limited use and some antibiotics.
Said medic frowned as she moved up to Book and James. "James? I think we should make sure Sam.isnt doing any driving...Eve's...clingy." she said, kmher voice knowing she was underwhelming.
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime11/05/14, 04:38 am

Abel helped with moving things into the vehicles and as he did so he was filled with a type of negative feeling, not sadness and not fear, it was something he couldn't quite place, but he did know it was directed at James.  One of the Elites from the caravan offered a cigarette to Abel, which he accepted.  After lighting it, he took a long drag and exhaled, his gaze looking over at where James and a few others were.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime11/05/14, 08:40 am

Sighing, James turned to hayley and said "Fine.....but let's hope she doesn't stay that way for long," all in a whisper. He felt for his adopted daughter, truly.....but if she was to survive then she needed to get a hold of herself and return to her fighting self. Turning back to Book, James said "We'll talk on the road padre, but for now we need to move out." Book nodded, and started helping people load up the vehicles. It didn't take long before everyone was good to go, but James said "Wait, where's Cristina?"
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime11/05/14, 08:43 am

Hayley nodded and moved away. She quickly found Sam.
"Hey. I think the bus has more room. I think it would be a good idea to get a spot whioe you can." She said carefully, though was pretty sure Sam was going to figure it out even if she wasnt being deliberate.

Hibiki stuck her stuff behind the seat and slid into the tank's driving chair. "Good. Managed to get a good amount of gas into everything..."

Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime11/05/14, 08:44 am

"Right here" Came the reply as she stalked forwards giving little explanation as to where she had been or what she had been up to all of this time. Cristina observed the vehicles and commented. "I see that your leaving town? Time to get out of Dodge yes? If there is room for one more I would like to go with you" She inquired, though if they refused she would simply make her way on her own, it might be easier to a degree to survive by herself anyway.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime11/05/14, 08:46 am

"Always room here.....and I'd rather not leave you in town Cristina," James said. He sighed, taking a step closer and said "Afraid you're fame might not be enough to protect you from these people."
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime11/05/14, 08:49 am

"Sweet and I've got my rifle it would do good till I ran out of ammo" She said before pointing at one of the vehicles. "So which one do you want me to ride in?" Cristina did not have much stuff compared to the rest of them. In fact the only real additions she had to her limited kit where a dozen new bullets and a camouflage boonie hat. She preferred to travel light in the end of the world.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime11/05/14, 08:51 am

"Most room will be on the bus," James said, indicating the large vehicle. "Turrets are about empty, but we can use a spotter on the roof, if you're willing."
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime11/05/14, 08:55 am

"Shooting is more my thing but I won't mind spotting" She said agreeing to the offer. "It will give me something to do on the journey anyway" Cristina laughed quietly and suggested. "Maybe our journey will have us go to Poland? I mean depends how far we are going to travel really" It was clear that it was a joke yet there was just a small sprinkle of hope still there. Sure zombie infested USA was nice and all however she still wanted to see Zombie infested Poland just in case that some of her family had survived. Though knowing her luck while on the journey to Poland her family would be travel to America to look for her.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime11/05/14, 09:00 am

"Heh......Cristina, look..." James said, and his tone was one of quiet despair. "I won't lie to you, you've earned too much of my trust for that. I doubt that sticking with us will get you home. All we can promise is being on the move. But if there's a shot.....I'll do what I can to help you out."
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime11/05/14, 09:04 am

"Hey in a world overrun by strange undead nightmares, trapped in a foreign land with people who vary from friendly to wanting to kill you and do unspeakable things to your corpse I have gotta keep some hope going" She argued, though it was perhaps to justify why she hoped to go home to herself. "My family is probably dead Poland is probably home to the dead but I have hope I survived my family could have.. I cannot sail back alone nor can I reach an area where I can sail back alone and besides..." She paused for a moment. "Your group seems to need me at the moment I'd hate to think what would happen to you if you lost your mvp" She grinned good naturedly. "Time to roll out I guess right?"
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime11/05/14, 09:07 am

"Give it a minute," James said. "Let's make sure everyone is good to go first, but feel free to get set up in the bus."
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime11/05/14, 09:10 am

"I understand" She replied and began to make her way over to the bus before taking up the suggested position in the vehicle. Time for a long journey then.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime11/05/14, 09:30 am

Soon, everyone was ready to move. The town's people managed to get a replacement for the bus, though it wasn't much of an improvement. It didn't matter though, no one in the caravan cared anymore at this point as they started to drive out of the town, heading south on the road though intending to move East. James rode in the tank with Hibiki, Sam on the bus with Ella and Estel, while Book rode with Marcus and Clara.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime11/05/14, 11:52 pm

Having grabbed an SUV that was still driveable, the Harris trio packed into the vehicle and drove off with the rest of their small group. However, their thoughts were on being kicked out, with Andrew silently lamenting them having to move once again.

For Sarah, it was a mix of anger and relief. The anger was at being kicked out, the relief...was at getting away from the nightmares.

Or so she thought.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime12/05/14, 01:36 am

Once she was seated beside Sam, Eve broke down completely. She buried her face in Sam's chest, her state worse then any other of her crying spells. The poor girl was shaking, tears coming so hard Sam wouldmprobably have a wet spot. She clung to Sam, the dam broke and emptying of everything she had bottled up since her capture...that, and the cross...the attempted crucifixtion had hit her hard. She had weathered much...but the cross they were going to hang her on had terrified her beyond anything else.

Hibiki drove steadily. "...Where are we going now James? Where is there to go?"
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime12/05/14, 03:23 am

Abel sat in one of the middle benches on the bus, head hanging low, looking at the floor as he held the barrel of his shotgun. He was deep in thought, contemplating the choices he had. He wasn't too sure about this group anymore. There was no way he would have been able to stay in the previous town and splitting from the caravan now wouldn't be too smart, though he's done it before. Really, he just wasn't sure if he could trust everyone.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime12/05/14, 04:24 am

"I......I don't know yet Hibiki. For now, we do what we've always done. We keep driving, East this time," James said. However, as they continued down the road, they saw a lone car ahead of them heading for their convoy. He peeked through the tiny window, and spotted what looked like someone waving their hand at them. "Looks like we've got company."

Sam held onto Eve, though she was unsure of what to do. The girl sobbed hysterically and gave her the impression of being broken. Then again the thought of being mounted on a cross like that would be enough to drive anyone mad with fear, and a girl her age was no different. All she could do then, was gently stroke Eve's hair and make quiet shushing sounds.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime12/05/14, 04:55 am

Eve took forever, but soon managed to calm down. She nuzzled Sam's chest. "Please don't stop stroking...please dont..." she asked softly, not shosing her face.

Hibiki frowned. "Should we pull over?"
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime12/05/14, 05:17 am

"Gee, sure glad you whispered that otherwise people would be giving me odd looks," Sam said in an attempt to make Eve laugh.

"Let's," James said. "If they're waiving then they're probably not a threat to us. Or at least want to talk."
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime12/05/14, 05:42 am

Eve giggled. "I'd rather you stroke me elsewhere...but I guess now isnt the time to get what I want...well..." she blushed and moved over, straddeling Sam.
"...kiss me?"

Hibiki pulled over. "Gun at the ready. You wanna play ambassador?"
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime12/05/14, 06:29 am

Just as she was about to answer, the bus stopped and she sighed, guessing at the possible reasons for the stop. "Hold that thought," she said, getting up to climb up the ladder for the turret to see what was up.

"Yeah. Stay in here though if things go south," James said, getting out of the assault vehicle to walk to the car that had also come to a stop. It was a convertible, the hood down and showing three people sitting inside, and James recognized them, but barely: they were from St. Louis, in the Elite compound. Last he had seen of them, was when they were force to leave. "Jesus Mary and Joseph," James breathed as one of them got out, grinning from ear to ear. "Man oh man, have we been looking for you guys," he said, wiping his brow. He was almost of the same height as James, black skin and wearing a flack vest over a long sleeve shirt. "Where've you guys been?" he asked, and James, just now shaking off the stunned amazement answered "A little bit of everywhere."
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime12/05/14, 06:34 am

Hayley peeked out. "Hey. Is it clear? Can I tell everyone to turn off Defcon FIVE?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime12/05/14, 06:39 am

James turned slightly and said "Yeah we're fine, we got friendlies." The guy who was talking with James said "By the way, in case you forgot the name's Troy. Back there is Eugene and Gwen.....and a cat." James turned sharply and said "A cat?" Troy started laughing and said "Yeah, a cat. Damned thing actually saved our lives in St. Louis, got us to a car believe it or not."
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime12/05/14, 06:57 am

A meow was heard, and the cat jumped onto the trunk. Shepurred and went to rub James' leg before going to the bus and meowing loudly at the door, pawing at it.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime12/05/14, 06:59 am

"Wait a second......do you hear something?" Sam said, looking towards the door as she heard an all too familiar meow.

James was stunned, watching Sammy hop out of the car to rub against his leg, and now begging to be let into the bus. Today was.....an odd day.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime12/05/14, 07:01 am

Eve was up and pushing the door open. "SAMMY!"
The cat jumped up to Eve, who scooped her up. She...started sobbing again. "You found us." She justs tood there hugging her cat, who purred.

Hayley blinked. "What the fuck?"
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime12/05/14, 07:06 am

"This.....this makes about as much sense as the zombies," Sam whispered as she watched her girlfriend hug the cat.

James turned back to Troy and said "Hope you've got enough fuel. We're still on the move." Troy actually smiled and said "Then we've got some good news. "Found a few places along the way that might, might serve as decent spots to rest and refuel. We found a national guard depot, had some fuel still in their reserves not too far off."
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime12/05/14, 07:09 am

Eve hurried back to Sam. "So...uhm..." the cat wiggled free and jumped onto the back of the chair as Eve blushed. "Can you get down here and kiss me already? And I mean a real kiss..."

Hayley relayed the news. "James! Your wife says lets go there!"
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime12/05/14, 07:27 am

It seemed like a good plan really, heading to the depot. If not a place to take refuge then at least a place to refuel and hopefully resupply. So James nodded, and said "Gotcha. Troy, take lead and get us there will ya?" Troy nodded and said "Sure thing James. Gwen, turn the car around and let's get moving."

Sam....sighed and said "Fine....though it seems like pretty terrible timing." With that, she lightly kissed Eve on the lips.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime12/05/14, 07:30 am

Eve kissed back, holding it for as long as Sam would allow. She needed this so bad.

Hayley nodded and retreated, the door open for James.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime12/05/14, 08:02 am

James climbed back inside the tank, while Troy and his car started driving again, leading the way for the convoy. "Alright....hi-ho silver...." he said.

Sam pulled back, the kiss going on a bit longer than she wanted or was comfortable with.
Back to top Go down
Apothecary
The Active Poster
Apothecary

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime12/05/14, 09:33 am

Cristina listened quietly to the conversation, it seemed like they now had a destination to travel to. At the sight of two people kissing she rolled her eyes and focused on keeping a sharp lookout in case of zeds. Not that she was bothered by two people displaying affection for one another, but this was hardly the place for such a thing. She put it out of her mind as her eyes flickered across her surroundings for any signs or hint of trouble.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime12/05/14, 09:52 am

As they took off down the road, James quietly hoped that this was at the very least a good sign. That things just might get better. Then again given recent events, that hope was small against the crushing reality of the world he was in. With luck though, he wouldn't be alone in facing whatever was to come.
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime12/05/14, 09:49 pm

Abel didn't leave his seat when the convoy stopped, he simply looked out the window seeing the both old and newcomers. It seemed the ex-elites were going to travel with the caravan, or lead it, rather. Abel tapped the pump of his shotgun as the bus started moving again.

"Wonder how they're gonna react when they find out about Cooper."

Abel mumbled to himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All   ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ZRP-2 Chapter 8: Survivors One and All
Page 22 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22