Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.

Go down 
+7
Moose
The White Wolf
TrashClown
The Meta
Teria
N
Dewsaur
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:10 am

I walk in behind them, whispering in Tridents ear as i pass.

Don't talk to them. We don't need them getting in our way.

I head on over to the opposite wall from Whisper and lean against it so we're forming a triangle around the other Spartans.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:12 am

Senox wrote:
Isn't the saying ladies fi-... Whatever...

=I walk into the room, seeing the four Spartans.=

Uhh... Hello?

=I look at Trident=

Took you guys long enough.

=I sigh and turn away=

Assholes...
Back to top Go down
Moose
The Longterm Poster
Moose

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:13 am

Okay...

=I stand there in silence... Which was odd... But whatever. I just stared at the ground... Not even bothering to reply to the other Spartan.=
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:16 am

Officer: "Ah! Echo Squad, right?" He said looking toward Aegir, standing in front of the four men, pacing.

Aegir: "All but one, officer."

Officer: "All but one?"

Aegir: "Shield is not here, we have five men in our Squad."

Officer: "Right," More Intelligence Officers enter the room, they sit around and half circle table, facing the Squads. "Well, hopefully he'll get here in time for the meeting." The officer takes his place among the others.

Aegir: "Aye." He turns and looks at Alpha Squad.

Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:18 am

I stare at the Spartan who had just spoke. HE was obviously their leader, and full of himself for that. I weigh him up.
Back to top Go down
Moose
The Longterm Poster
Moose

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:20 am

=It was an... Awkward silence. I looked up a few times, but nothing more. And after a while, I started to tap on the wall behind me, in some sort of odd tune.=
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:21 am

I turn and give Trident a glare, but he wasn't looking. I sighed to myself.

Trust him to give the worst impression

I notice one of their squad was shaking, quite a bit actually. A laugh almost escaped my lips.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:22 am

=i glanced at the woman in the squad, noting she was looking at me=
Ma'am, may I ask what you are looking at?
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:24 am

No you may not ask. Keep a lid on it until you're spoken or ordered to talk kid.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:25 am

=i look at Aegir=
Sir, can I please go get a grenade or something? This shake is annoying the hell out of me.

=i glanced at the woman again, but then looked back to Aegir=
Back to top Go down
Moose
The Longterm Poster
Moose

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:26 am

=I stopped tapping and looked up. He was getting a grenade to stop his shaking? What was that all about?=
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:29 am

=chuckles=

twitch huh
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:31 am

I look up at Whisper and make a cut motion across my throat to signal quiet
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:41 am

Aegir looked at the Alpha Female, My, isn't she a cocky one.

Rubble wrote:
Sir, can I please go get a grenade or something? This shake is annoying the hell out of me.

I pull out a small ball of C4, no bigger than a babies hand, and small enough to fit in a mans fist without being overtly obvious. "Here," I handed it to rubble, "I brought this just in case your jitters got too bad."
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:42 am

=i nod and roll it around in my hand, the shakes disappearing almost instantly=
Thanks, sir.

=i bounce it in my hand a few times and roll it back and forth between my two hands=
Back to top Go down
Moose
The Longterm Poster
Moose

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:45 am

=That squad... Was weird. Or mainly, that one guy was weird. Comfort with Explosives? Thats... Really normal. I looked around... It was still silent. I would've tried to break the silence... But it probably would've ended up badly.=
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:45 am

I sigh

And i thought we were late......
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:50 am

Senox wrote:
=I stopped tapping and looked up. He was getting a grenade to stop his shaking? What was that all about?=

=I looked at the nervous one=

Hey. If you want to be nervous, try a HALO jump from 30,000 feet in the middle of the night. Trust me, it toughens you up really quick.

=I give him a sly smile and chuckle=
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:51 am

"You would have been, had it not been for the officer, Sparrow." Aegir said, his tone neutral.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:52 am

@hawk leave him alone being nervous has nothing to do with bravery
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:53 am

You clearly missed my point Aegir. Since we're apparently on first name terms now.
Back to top Go down
Moose
The Longterm Poster
Moose

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:54 am

=I looked over to the Spartan that had bragged about his HALO Jump. Why the fuck did everyone think I was nervous?! I was just... Cautious with my life. I heard Whisper try and defend me, but I didn't give it much attention.=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:55 am

=i look at the man who spoke to Hawk=
No, it doesn't. He's mentioning nervousness. I've seen helmet cam footage of his jumps. That's damn near nerve racking.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:56 am

i'm aware but now a days what isn't
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:57 am

Thats nothing. Try spending most of the Great War as a P.O.W. Now shut it. All of you.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:58 am

=i looked back at the woman=
Ma'am, no disrespect to you, but you aren't my squad leader. I don't take orders from you.

=i toss the ball of C4 up into the air and catch it, rolling it around again=
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 01:59 am

Regardless. I outrank you. Can it.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 02:00 am

zeru wrote:
@hawk leave him alone being nervous has nothing to do with bravery

=I look at Sparrow=

So I've heard. Let's see how fast that mouth moves at terminal velocity, ma'am.

That should shut you up...

Last edited by ShadowHunter on 14/01/12, 02:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 02:01 am

=i nod=
That may be, but I'm still not part of your squad. Unless Aegir tells me to, I don't have to listen to you.
Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 02:01 am

I snapped out of my trance as other unfamiliar voiced entered them. I blinked twice and I returned to present. It had finally dawned on me that there were others in the room besides the current echo squad. I watched as they bickered between one another. A chuckle came out as I realized that Spartans were just like regular soldier with their own quarrels and useless blabbering. I had realized from the tone of things that the female was Alpha's leader and the other..I didn't really care for. Here "status" as leader was the reason she annoyed me... I hate these professional types.. I looked carelessly around the room, waiting for something big.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

Shannon wrote:
You clearly missed my point Aegir. Since we're apparently on first name terms now. ___ Thats nothing. Try spending most of the Great War as a P.O.W. Now shut it. All of you.

"Sparrow, you need to relax. You're not a P.O.W anymore, you don't have to compete with Hawk."
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 02:03 am

I look at Hawk and smirk a little

Aegir, i've gotta say. Your squad seems pretty out of line. I'd say you were out of touch. No-body says i was competing. Just ending it.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 02:04 am

@hawklet me know when you get respect for other squads

=stops talking and waits for the meeting to start=
Back to top Go down
Moose
The Longterm Poster
Moose

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 02:05 am

=I shook my head, and returned to staring at the floor. I started tapping on the wall again, louder than last time.=
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 02:09 am

I looked up the monitor. "Squad, Stand at attention!" I turned and saluted as Commander Sevlinski appeared on the screen.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 02:10 am

=I snapped to attention, keeping the C4 in my hand hidden=
'bout time
Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 02:11 am

As I was watching this ensue all I could think about was a Spartan fight free for all to the death.

hehe.

With all this tension I wonder if a fight will break out. And so I started chanting in my mind.

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!...

*in a whisper*
Fight.

I realized I let my thoughts enter the material world and quickly shut up. Then I saw my squad leader turn to a screen and started to salute him...I followed his actions soon after.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 02:11 am

I remain relaxed against the wall, looking this time at the screen
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 02:12 am

=waits for him to speak=
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 02:28 am

*Sevlinski appears on the screen*

Commander Sevlinski: Alright Spartans, Stand at ease.

*A small vid feed shows up on the side of the screen.*

"We have a delicate situation, the planet will remain unspecified until we deem otherwise."

*The video feed shows marines being slaughtered, the enemy is not shown*

"As you can see, the UNSC's forces are being defeated. We are sending you to find out what is attacking them. None of the camera feeds on the planet are showings us what the enemy is, it's somehow blocking the feeds focusing on it."

*Feeds of dead marines in buildings, blood everywhere, dripping from the wall and in some cases ceiling*

"We need a team to go in one of the Facilities on the planet, codenamed: Oversight, and gather intelligence on the enemy. Alpha Team, you will be going in to gather intelligence on the enemy. Echo, you will be officially assisting the UNSC forces and unofficially gathering intelligence on what they know about the enemy."
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 02:29 am

Sir. If i may. Your sending the squad of three right into the heart while the squad of five go in amongst the UNSC. Doesn't that seem a little.....Unbalanced.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 02:35 am

Commander Sevlinski: "Sparrow, would you rather switch with Echo Squad?"
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 02:36 am

=Shield enters the debriefing room and moves just left of the doorway. He stands straight upright with his hands together behind his back, gaze fixed on the video feed. He stays completely silent, waiting either to be addressed, or for the meeting to continue=
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 02:37 am

I don't believe i said that. And another thing. I was led to believe our squad was going to have the new Spartan. Not Echo. Sir.

I'm standing up now, tall as i could, which is to say, not very in comparison with the others in the room.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 02:40 am

Permission to speak, sir?

=i addressed the commander directly, to ask an important question I had in mind=
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 02:40 am

i say we're fine we know each other better and makes missions easier that way
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 02:42 am

I give Whisper a harsh look for speaking out of turn
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 02:55 am

Nic wrote:
I looked up the monitor. "Squad, Stand at attention!" I turned and saluted as Commander Sevlinski appeared on the screen.

=I look at the vid and start assessing our options=

Well...lets see what we have in store

Last edited by ShadowHunter on 14/01/12, 03:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 02:59 am

Sparrow wrote:
I don't believe i said that. And another thing. I was led to believe our squad was going to have the new Spartan. Not Echo. Sir.

Commander Sevlinski: "Sparrow, the order came from a higher station, I would have put him in your Squad if the decision was up to me."

Rubble wrote:
Permission to speak, sir?

Commander Sevlinski: "Permission granted, Rubble."

Last edited by Nic on 14/01/12, 03:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime14/01/12, 03:04 am

How active are we going to be in terms of combat? I would like to prepare the proper amount of explosives.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.   A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A "Rise" Story- The Start of Something New.
Page 3 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next