Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Two ideas.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkCrusade
Not cool enough for a real rank
DarkCrusade

Two ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Two ideas.   Two ideas. Icon_minitime03/09/12, 05:23 am

So, i was thinking about doing a Halo roleplay, obviously, involving my character and you're character, if you're interested anyway.

A flood infected Shield World has been discovered, and thankfully there's no space transport on the planet to allow them to infect other planets and take over from there. The UNSC Frigate This Is Crazy has been posted there for three years normally reporting no abnormal activity, and they haven't reported back for months. They're last transmission that was of note was that it involved the Flood and that it was attacking their ship. We are deployed to the system to uncover what exactly is going on.

-Idea 2

Orbital Drop Shock Troopers have been deployed to a system and were dropped, but something went terribly wrong and most of the team supposed to arrive there died while trying to hit the ground. Now, you are forced to link up with the remnants of you're squad and try to evac while constantly avoiding the enemy and uncovering the true reason why you are there.

-
So, what do you guys think?

Last edited by DarkCrusade on 03/09/12, 07:47 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

Two ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two ideas.   Two ideas. Icon_minitime03/09/12, 05:27 am

you may have to do some edits.
"The UNSC This Is Crazy has been posted there for a month, and they haven't reported back for months. " 0 you may want to rewrite this.

"The UNSC This Is Crazy" - what kind of ship is this? UNSC Frigate This is Crazy?

Also, maybe on the side, you should try and develop it a little more on your own, like maybe writing up the conclusion, just for yourself so you know how to advance the story.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

Two ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two ideas.   Two ideas. Icon_minitime03/09/12, 05:28 am

Idea two. I like that idea the most. The first could work, but the flood are so strong that only the biggest of military forces with the best equipment and training have a chance of fighting them. It'd be a bit too hard to do, i think.
Back to top Go down
DarkCrusade
DarkCrusade

Two ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two ideas.   Two ideas. Icon_minitime03/09/12, 05:33 am

Sui generis wrote:
you may have to do some edits.
"The UNSC This Is Crazy has been posted there for a month, and they haven't reported back for months. " 0 you may want to rewrite this.

"The UNSC This Is Crazy" - what kind of ship is this? UNSC Frigate This is Crazy?

Also, maybe on the side, you should try and develop it a little more on your own, like maybe writing up the conclusion, just for yourself so you know how to advance the story.

It was supposed to be a little funny, but i only just created the idea. I will probably refine it tomorrow.

Garth wrote:
Idea two. I like that idea the most. The first could work, but the flood are so strong that only the biggest of military forces with the best equipment and training have a chance of fighting them. It'd be a bit too hard to do, i think.

"This is an almost suicidal mission.

But this squad is the best of the best."
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

Two ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two ideas.   Two ideas. Icon_minitime03/09/12, 05:35 am

I like both of these ideas.

I have some advice to give on the flood one:

If you're going to involve the flood, figure out a conclusion. The flood are a deadly enemy, and ODST's don't have the armor that Spartans do, so they can get infected. Enlisting the help of other users' characters will certainly make this interesting. But I don't think you'll be able to kill all of the flood on the planet, you'll be able to wipe out a large area, to be sure, or maybe utilize a short wave pulse to kill most of them.

I'm not sure if you've read the books, I haven't read all of them myself, so maybe there are other exploitable solutions. Depending on the size of your team, whether it be your own characters or others. I think you should plan out a resolution ahead of time to ensue easier roleplay.

Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

Two ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two ideas.   Two ideas. Icon_minitime03/09/12, 06:42 am

DarkCrusade wrote:
Garth wrote:

Well yeah, we could say that, but idea two let's one have many more options. Maybe it's rebels, maybe a Jackal sect, flood, Sentinels, etc. Unless we come up with a definitive plot, I suggest idea two, just for the flexibility.
Back to top Go down
DarkCrusade
DarkCrusade

Two ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two ideas.   Two ideas. Icon_minitime03/09/12, 07:30 am

Sui generis wrote:
I like both of these ideas.

I have some advice to give on the flood one:

If you're going to involve the flood, figure out a conclusion. The flood are a deadly enemy, and ODST's don't have the armor that Spartans do, so they can get infected. Enlisting the help of other users' characters will certainly make this interesting. But I don't think you'll be able to kill all of the flood on the planet, you'll be able to wipe out a large area, to be sure, or maybe utilize a short wave pulse to kill most of them.

I'm not sure if you've read the books, I haven't read all of them myself, so maybe there are other exploitable solutions. Depending on the size of your team, whether it be your own characters or others. I think you should plan out a resolution ahead of time to ensue easier roleplay.

It makes a good challenge, and it may include both Spartan's and ODST's going down on that planet. Maybe they get back-up, and i have read the books extensively, most of the book's i have read is from the author Eric Nylund, which is the 'script writer' of practically the whole halo franchise. I also read his other books. I'm a fan of his. Not everything is set in stone on these two ideas, you know. My creativity has been a little low lately, so ill take whatever suggestions and criticism i can get this week.

Garth wrote:
DarkCrusade wrote:
Garth wrote:

Well yeah, we could say that, but idea two let's one have many more options. Maybe it's rebels, maybe a Jackal sect, flood, Sentinels, etc. Unless we come up with a definitive plot, I suggest idea two, just for the flexibility.

Exactly. That's why i presented idea two in the first place; it allows for a vote or allows the creator of the idea to make a decision. Personally? I'd go with idea two. It does allow for a lot of flexibility and it doesn't exactly have a set plot point, we can make it up as we go (what i normally do) and make up new enemies or something like that.

Im leaning towards idea two, guys.

Back to top Go down
DarkCrusade
DarkCrusade

Two ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two ideas.   Two ideas. Icon_minitime03/09/12, 08:16 pm

So, what enemy do you guys want it to be? Jackal sect, Insurrectionists, Jiralhanae, Sangheili, it all depends on you. I'm thinking of a more developed plot currently
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Two ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two ideas.   Two ideas. Icon_minitime03/09/12, 08:18 pm

If it's idea two, then it's much more of an ODST story. So why not just go with being one of the many ODST drop pods launched above earth, and have the storyline like ODST's. Same things happen at the same times bar the character specific things like Dare and the Data Hive e.t.c.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

Two ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two ideas.   Two ideas. Icon_minitime03/09/12, 09:50 pm

DarkCrusade wrote:
So, what enemy do you guys want it to be? Jackal sect, Insurrectionists, Jiralhanae, Sangheili, it all depends on you. I'm thinking of a more developed plot currently

Well, let's say it's on Earth. We try to stick to canon, so it would probably have to be something like Brutes or Elites, like the normal, usual Covie enemies. Although, we could say we are somewhere like...Canada, where a Forerunner relic was uncovered by Covie excavation teams. We drop in, get scattered, find out what's going on. Maybe start fighting Covies and Sentinels, who knows.

If we go another location, then obviously we have more options for enemies. Personally, I would say something like a Jackal Sect. A group of Jackals that just kinda said "fuck it" to the Covenant and just went on their way. They are scavenging pirate types, after all.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Two ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two ideas.   Two ideas. Icon_minitime03/09/12, 10:54 pm

Garth wrote:
DarkCrusade wrote:

Well, let's say it's on Earth. We try to stick to canon, so it would probably have to be something like Brutes or Elites, like the normal, usual Covie enemies. Although, we could say we are somewhere like...Canada, where a Forerunner relic was uncovered by Covie excavation teams. We drop in, get scattered, find out what's going on. Maybe start fighting Covies and Sentinels, who knows.

If we go another location, then obviously we have more options for enemies. Personally, I would say something like a Jackal Sect. A group of Jackals that just kinda said "fuck it" to the Covenant and just went on their way. They are scavenging pirate types, after all.

I still say we should just go with being one of the other squads that dropped alongside the squad from ODST and got scattered all over New Mombasa. That would give us a very grounded storyline, along with plot specific events to easily go off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Two ideas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two ideas.   Two ideas. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two ideas.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Voting Area :: Ideas Board-
Jump to: