Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Restart the hrp?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

Restart the hrp? Empty
PostSubject: Restart the hrp?   Restart the hrp? Icon_minitime19/09/12, 02:36 am

Just like it sounds. We stop the current story, and start from the beginning. Each character having many flaws and weaknesses, fairly weak, etc. Start from the beginning.

Discuss base ideas, like setting and such, limits on what we can have, and so on. Don't put any over-arching plots if possible, we want this to be an organic rp, with a clear goal and plot being formed as we go along, not established from the start.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Restart the hrp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restart the hrp?   Restart the hrp? Icon_minitime19/09/12, 02:39 am

I say we should all make new characters. Be something different. Also with actual limits. Only 2/3 members to be Spartans, and only then the best RP'ers.

I think no owning ships of any kind of such bullshit, it's unbelievable.

Also, during the Great War would be best, that would give us a backstory straight up and at least a starting area to form our characters in.
Back to top Go down
TrashClown
The Longterm Poster
TrashClown

Restart the hrp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restart the hrp?   Restart the hrp? Icon_minitime19/09/12, 02:41 am

I'm all fine for starting another HRP with this idea, but I am opposed to closing the one we have now.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

Restart the hrp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restart the hrp?   Restart the hrp? Icon_minitime19/09/12, 02:49 am

I had a lot of plans that I want to do. Mainly just stuff that involves my character's past (because there isn't a current main plot).
The only other thing I can think of doing is Haven's story. That seems like the only plot around the hrp. But listen to me ramble.
Anyway, I'd say we remake the hrp and not close the current one. As Xazhi said. And put the new hrp setting in the Great War, as skip said.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

Restart the hrp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restart the hrp?   Restart the hrp? Icon_minitime19/09/12, 03:01 am

Start a new one, not close the old. Also, don't MAKE us create new characters, make it an option. Like for mine, there are a lot of ways to have character development that I could take.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Restart the hrp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restart the hrp?   Restart the hrp? Icon_minitime19/09/12, 03:03 am

But you've done a lot already with your character. Something new would not only be refreshing for us, it's be refreshing for you.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

Restart the hrp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restart the hrp?   Restart the hrp? Icon_minitime19/09/12, 03:14 am

How do we designate who are the best RP'rs?

In that vain of thought, why SHOULD the best be Spartans?

And, for a newcomer like me, why should I make new characters when mine have only like, a few pages of posts?

I'd put it up as a vote. All of it. Characters, ships, etc.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Restart the hrp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restart the hrp?   Restart the hrp? Icon_minitime19/09/12, 03:17 am

A vote or Two with every Rper interested in the HRP listed, and people vote for who they think is the two best RPer's.

And because Spartans are the Elite. The best of the best. And quite OP> If everyone's a Spartan, it ruins the Uniqueness and Eliteness of them. And not everyone can manage OP characters well.

And for a newcomer, i wouldn't suggest making new characters unless your chars are Spartans and you aren't suggested.
Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

Restart the hrp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restart the hrp?   Restart the hrp? Icon_minitime19/09/12, 03:20 am

And how would we stop it from becoming a popularity contest?

Being perfectly honest, coming where I've been. Not being accusatory, but still, gotta cover your bases, no?
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

Restart the hrp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restart the hrp?   Restart the hrp? Icon_minitime19/09/12, 03:21 am

Skippy wrote:
But you've done a lot already with your character. Something new would not only be refreshing for us, it's be refreshing for you.

Well, only a few key parts would remain the same. The backstory, attitude, motivation would all change. Only things staying the same would be his name, specialty, and the mental programming to destroy all covie tech.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Restart the hrp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restart the hrp?   Restart the hrp? Icon_minitime19/09/12, 03:23 am

Garth, but a brand new character is refreshing anyway.

Jeremy, Anyone who tries to influence people to vote for them or such is disqualified from the vote. It wouldn't be a popularity contest. The Vote would be titled "Who do you think is the best to be a Spartan in the HRP?"
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

Restart the hrp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restart the hrp?   Restart the hrp? Icon_minitime19/09/12, 03:26 am

It would be a brand new character in all but name, specialty, and the special programming, which was removed from my original withing a few pages of him coming into being.

It hasn't been explored yet.

And all of this, all I'm asking is to make it an option to make a new character, not a requirement.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Restart the hrp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restart the hrp?   Restart the hrp? Icon_minitime19/09/12, 03:27 am

I just think that new characters would be better, especially for the HRP vets
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

Restart the hrp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restart the hrp?   Restart the hrp? Icon_minitime19/09/12, 03:39 am

Skippy wrote:
I just think that new characters would be better, especially for the HRP vets

And I agree, new characters are a good thing, which is why i'm going with an old history thing that never really got a chance to be expanded upon.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Restart the hrp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restart the hrp?   Restart the hrp? Icon_minitime19/09/12, 04:57 am

Right, this is just for the ODST Squad, but it's an idea to get us down to the planet. Assuming we go with 2552 and Epsilon Eridani IV, we could say the Covenant have already made ground and most marines on the planet are helping evac the population. Now our squad is on a UNSC frigate (Fully possible because it's not too far from Reach) and the Covenant warships deals a fatal blow to the ship. As the ship is really starting to break and falter, as a last ditch, it launches all it's ODST pods with as many ODST's as it can, to assist the ground forces evaccing the population. Our squad would start on the ship as it's all going to hell, and proceed from there.

Anyone else not in the squad could already be on the ground
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

Restart the hrp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restart the hrp?   Restart the hrp? Icon_minitime19/09/12, 05:14 am

The Backstory would be as such:

It is 2552 on the planet Epsilon Eridani IV in the Epsilon Eridanus System. The same System as Reach. This is taking place around the same time as the Fall of Reach. A Covenant Destroyer, the CSS Wrathful Vow, is attacking the planet and most Marines/Ground forces are helping to evacuate the civilians. A UNSC Frigate , the UNSC Rio de Janero, is above the planet, but is getting beaten badly by the Cruiser. It will launch all ODST pods with as many ODST's as it can just before it goes critical.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Restart the hrp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restart the hrp?   Restart the hrp? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Restart the hrp?
Page 1 of 1