Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two

Go down 
+7
Felix
The Meta
zeru
Teria
Paarthurnax
The White Wolf
N
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 07:10 pm

=i looked up at the Elite=
What? You don't like humor? Would you like me to glare evilly? Perhaps keep you on my paranoid list?
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 07:12 pm

Paarthurnax 'Kai Verassee
Special Operations Officer
Debriefing Room

Paarthurnax growled and grabbed his neck.

"Do not tempt me mortal!"
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 07:14 pm

=i grab his throat and give him a small grin=
Kill me, split-chin. Prove me right. I dare you. Show everyone how you truly are.
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 07:16 pm

Debriefing Room

Paarthurnax then attempted to lift the human off of the ground.

"Do not think I will not!"
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 07:20 pm

=i choked out the next few words=
You kill me, and you die as well. You undo all of your race's work to make a peace between us. You'll be hated, shunned, banished. For what? Because a human laughed?

=i laughed weakly again=
And you call us the weak ones.
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 07:22 pm

Debriefing Room

Paarthurnax dropped the human, as he fell to the floor after he had released him. He looked down at the human, as he gathered himself.

"The next time, you will not be so lucky"

Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 07:24 pm

=the ball of C4 was still in my hand, luckily=
Who said anything about luck, split-chin?
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 07:27 pm

Debriefing Room

"Call me Split-chin, one more time"

He lowered his hand and grabbed his sword.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 07:28 pm

Or what? You'll kill me? Did you just forget what I said?
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 07:30 pm

Debriefing Room

"I did not. Count your days mortal!"

Paarthurnax walked off, over to his warriors.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 07:33 pm

=i chuckle and sit back down in my seat, rolling the ball of C4 in my hand=
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 08:30 pm

=I listen patiently and yawn under my helmet, after not having a restful sleep=

Damnit...stinkin' nightmare kept me up for too long

=I clench my fists to try and stay awake=

Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 08:43 pm

Debriefing Room

Paarthurnax walked by his Infantry, as they made conversation between themselves. Paarthurnax stood there, tensing his arms, and revealing the huge amounts of muscles in them.

Last edited by Paarthurnax Verassee on 25/01/12, 08:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 08:46 pm

I sit there, having watched all the exchanges. I miss my armour, although only Hawk was wearing his anyway.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 09:17 pm

I sprint into the room. I breath in. I notice the tension in the room. I quietly walk over to my seat.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 09:23 pm

sparrow you get a new suit of armor yet?
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 09:27 pm

I pick up the report from the seat next to me and toss it to Whisper

Have a read. It'll answer your question and it won't hurt to read it.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 09:33 pm

=goes over the report=

guess it's time to be more serious on missions
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 09:36 pm

I sit and continue waiting quietly
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 09:36 pm

=i look over to Hawk=
Why'd you show up in armor, Hawk?
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 09:38 pm

Garth wrote:
=i look over to Hawk=
Why'd you show up in armor, Hawk?
=I take off my helmet=

I couldn't sleep much...

=I yawn again as I try to wait=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 09:40 pm

Why not?

=i stopped rolling the ball so I could better listen in. What? When you get attached to explosives, you get distracted by them easily=
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 09:43 pm

Garth wrote:
Why not?

=i stopped rolling the ball so I could better listen in. What? When you get attached to explosives, you get distracted by them easily=

=I mull on the question=

I had too much on my mind.

= I look at the new intel that was provided=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 09:44 pm

Anything you want to share? Talking is helpful, or so I'm told by my shrink.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 09:48 pm

Garth wrote:
Anything you want to share? Talking is helpful, or so I'm told by my shrink.
=I yawn again=

I relived the time I was in the medcenter. Saw some stuff I really don't want to talk about.

=I wait and try not to nod off=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 09:50 pm

=i nod, grimly=
Yeah, I understand. If you want, I could toss you a frag, assuming I can get one. That should wake you up.
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 09:52 pm

Debriefing Room

Paarthurnax sat down and placed his Beam Rifle on the table. All of his warriors were sat in there own section of the table. Paarthurnax takes apart his Beam Rifle, and gives some parts a clean, as he had not done this in a while. He was very tired and bored, he just wanted to know what the mission was.

Back to top Go down
Moose
The Longterm Poster
Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 09:58 pm

-I walked into the meeting room, rubbing my eyes. I found myself a seat, and went back to half-sleeping. What? It was just another meeting... I wasn't actually tired, just in a lazy mood. So now was a better time than any other to just... Half sleep. If you get it.-

(Half sleeping, is... Being awake, but not focusing on any of your surroundings. So Trident would be just staring at a wall, I guess. He isn't listening to anything, and well yeah, you get the idea.)
Back to top Go down
Valor
The Newly Not New Guy
Valor

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/01/12, 11:02 pm

(Markov)

=Before leaving the room to the armory to suit up I packed my valuables and put them in my rucksack, I didn't have much anyway. I spliced the key pad and made a new lock combination so any one trying to get in my room couldn't get inside, just in case anyone got nosy. I left for the armory and suited up as usual, I then realized I left the note in my room, no matter. I left for the assigned meeting room=
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/ValorODST
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/01/12, 12:56 am

I was unbelievably bored. So I figured maybe a conversation, make some friends. I look at the elites. -not now, maybe another time- "Hey, Hawk. You asleep?"
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/01/12, 02:42 am

=the time is now 0400=
The Screen once again flickers to life, and Sevlinksi appears on the screen.

"Glad to see you all made it out alive." He says, informally.
"I have your next Objectives here based on what you've found and what we've pieced together."
He appears to sort some papers.
"Based on what you've found, it appears that the Ghan Technology Corporation has been developing technologies that have the potential to be Shield piercing rounds. From the bullet that Aegir recovered from the ammunition bunk, we've discovered that it cancels out the shielding emitted by your suits of armour, with further testing we know that it cancels out the Shields that our Elite friends have as well." He clears his throat.

"This is not what we expected to find. We don't know how they engineered this, it's far beyond anything we've seen or encountered. This means that you'll have to be extra careful on your next missions. This one included."

He pauses for a moment. He has bags under his eyes, it's clear he hasn't had a decent night's sleep. "Thanks to Alpha squad we know that they have a linked bunker system, which we now believe is used to travel to and from the ammunition stores to restock, rearm, and surprise anyone getting too close to these bunkers, as Echo squad witnessed on the last mission."

He drags his palm overs his forehead and takes off his cap. "Now, Aegir sent Falcon back to the encampment where the CEO was being held for extraction by Delta squad, but the Commander reports that no one came back to the encampment. So he's been declared MIA. The tracker we have in his suit is not responding, so we can only assume the worst. If you find him alive, get him to an extraction point. If not, take his tags."

He takes a sip off coffee that was off screen. "Now, for you objectives: Alpha, we want you to infiltrate one these bunkers and find out where they all lead to. If you can do this silently that would be a bonus added to your salary. Delta, you get to do an unrelated task. Delta squad will be investigating the nearby towns and colonies, find out why we've been receiving little to no reports from them. Echo Squad, you are going to investigate the water facilities in the area, I know this sounds completely unrelated and absurd, but the last squad went MIA, hotel squad. Find out what the hell happened to them and report back." (totally not a cliffhanger anywhere in this post <.< >.> )

"Elites, you are going to go to the insurgent colony on the other side of the planet and deal with the insurgents." He sighs. "All of you, be careful. Dismissed." The screen cuts out.

Aegir: "Let's move out."
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/01/12, 03:18 am

=I turn to Aegir=
Sir, how much heat should I bring?
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/01/12, 03:19 am

I sigh to myself.

Yeah great. Let's go investigate a bunch of tunnel systems we can't even fit down. Do command even listen at all.

Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/01/12, 03:21 am

Aegir: "Minimal. We want to be light on our feet."

=Sparrows comment=

Whining. Again.

"Let's get fitted up, Hawk, meet us in Bay 12."
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/01/12, 03:27 am

=i nod=
Aye sir.

=i head out towards the armory, intending to load up on breaching charges and frag grenades=
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/01/12, 04:45 am

Nic wrote:
Aegir: "Minimal. We want to be light on our feet."

=Sparrows comment=

Whining. Again.

"Let's get fitted up, Hawk, meet us in Bay 12."

I'm awake Wielder.

=I turn to Aegir and salute=

Aye sir.

=I head to the armory to get tooled up to fight=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/01/12, 04:56 am

=I arrive in the armory a few minutes later and start loading up the webbing on my armor with breaching charges and frag grenades. I don't think we'll need mines, since we'll be investigating, and frag rounds are devastating in just about any situation. If needed, I can hook up the breaching charges into mines and traps, but hopefully we won't need those. I make sure everything is nice and secure before getting my armor on=
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/01/12, 05:01 am

=I take a silenced magnum, silenced SMG and a silencer for the silencer and head for Bay 12=

Stealth is the key here...but I'll have something in case it hits the fan

=I get to the bay, put on my helmet and wait for the squad=

Last edited by ShadowHunter on 26/01/12, 05:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/01/12, 05:04 am

=i got my armor on, grabbed an SMG and silencer and grenade launcher. I grabbed 7 or so rounds for it, and added it onto my webbing. Never know what we'll find, but still gotta stay light. Once I got everything loaded, I headed off towards the hanger=
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/01/12, 05:08 am

"Rubble, We'll need silenced weapons. If we need explosives, I'll let you know. For now, keep it silent." I say as I put on my helmet.

"Bay 12 people, let's go."
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/01/12, 05:10 am

=I comm Aegir=

Already there, sir. Ready to go.

=I shut off the comm and wait=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/01/12, 05:13 am

=i chuckle and reply to Aegir=
Sir, that's why I took a grenade launcher and not a rocket launcher. Don't even need to detonate it to kill someone. I'm not planning on using it, but it's better to have and not need.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/01/12, 05:25 am

"Right, well, we're not taking a pelican this time, I'll explain more when I get to the hanger."

=Aegir begins walking to the Hanger=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/01/12, 05:29 am

=i sigh and get to the hanger bay. I walk over to Hawk=
Hey. You ready?
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/01/12, 05:31 am

I sat and waited. "Ma'am, our orders?"

Last edited by Felix on 26/01/12, 07:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/01/12, 05:42 am

Garth wrote:
=i sigh and get to the hanger bay. I walk over to Hawk=
Hey. You ready?

=I look at Rubble and nod=

Yeah. I'm ready to go.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/01/12, 05:56 am

=i nod=
Okay. Hey, check me, will ya? Make sure I got everything secure. I got a freefalling segment in my stomach about how we're getting down there.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/01/12, 06:06 am

Garth wrote:
=i nod=
Okay. Hey, check me, will ya? Make sure I got everything secure. I got a freefalling segment in my stomach about how we're getting down there.

=I tighten some of the straps on his armor and give him a thumbs up=

All secure now, Rubble.

=I look to Aegir=

How are we going in, sir?
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/01/12, 06:36 am

I looked at Hawk. "We're gliding in."
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/01/12, 08:10 am

I stand up and motion my squad to follow as I leave the room.

Alright guys no armour on this one. We're taking gravity down there.

We reach the armoury and dress into heavy impact suits. We load up, taking nothing but silenced pistols and knives

Good. Anything else will be too large. Now you both remember how to use a re-entry kit right? We need to be as stealthy as we can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two
Page 2 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Roleplay :: The Rise-
Jump to: