Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2

Go down 
+3
zeru
The White Wolf
Teria
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime31/05/11, 08:23 pm

No, it's.....my name is wrong. According to this, if this is me, my name Is Dormii Mali, the Dream of Evil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime31/05/11, 08:27 pm

Wow... I'm sorry Dormii... It might just be a typo, or the download got fried when we pulled it out the mainframe. I'm sure its nothing...

=She smiles and rest her hand on Dormii's shoulder=
I'm sure there's a reason for it...
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime31/05/11, 08:30 pm

You don't get it. I had a dream eariler, in the medbay. I dreamed that I destroyed an entire continent. Not like, blew it up, but burned it to the ground. Building were left as skeletons, every person i met was killed under my feet.

I don't want to be that.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime31/05/11, 08:30 pm

hello anyone there i'm ready to make the jump
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime31/05/11, 08:32 pm

=i hit the comm= Hey, Zeru, what do you know about a Dormii Mali?
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime31/05/11, 08:34 pm

yeah why
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime31/05/11, 08:35 pm

Just, tell me.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime31/05/11, 08:38 pm

it was ur name pre mem wipe
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime31/05/11, 08:42 pm

And you didn't tell me this?? Why?! What else do you know?
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime31/05/11, 08:46 pm

remember how i said i started browsing the main oni file it came up in a standard classified oni checkup report
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime31/05/11, 08:50 pm

Anything else? Cmon, I need to know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime31/05/11, 08:51 pm

Wait!
=Ash turns off the Comms=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime31/05/11, 08:52 pm

=to Ash= What?
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime31/05/11, 08:53 pm

not much typical vaccination records etc nothing useful
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime31/05/11, 08:54 pm

=She looks at Dormii=
Are you sure you want to know...? Do you really want to question who you are now...?

Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime31/05/11, 08:58 pm

I need to know. I just hope that Jay still loves me after this.

=i reopen the comms= Zeru, what else do you know on me?
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime31/05/11, 09:07 pm

well there's multpile articles here one says u were orphaned at a young age were pretty much picked up off the street against ur will the other says u willingly joined the program but weren't aware of it's real intenions
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime31/05/11, 10:38 pm

=i shake my head= I doubt they would advertise "Hey, come here. Lose your childhood and know nothing but war. Be a SPARTAN!" to people. I'd believe the kidnapped article. Anyway, if you find anything else, let me know.

=i close the comms and start walking off of the bridge= I'll be in my room if anyone needs me.

=i walk down the halls, stumbling as I go because of the crutch, and barely make it to my room. I set the armor down, and inspect my shotgun. i think for a long time, before finally getting angry and throwing my shotgun away. It embeds itself in the door, the barrel bent and jagged=
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 02:28 am

David jogged along the beach, each movement he made nearly exactly like the one before. He looked almost mechanical in the way he ran. So inanimate, calculating, too. After a good while of jogging on the beach he paused, noticing a nearby cave, he decided to go 'spelunking', as it would also probably be a good way to get away and collect his thoughts. Just to be safe, however, he took one last look around before grabbing his handgun, pulling back the slide and letting it slide back into place. The sound of cold metal on cold metal soothed him.

He made one last look into his small yet completely functional pack to make sure he had everything he needed. Medical supplied, food and water rations, the whole sha-bang. He buckled his pack and pulled the strap, making it tight on his chest as he jogged over to the cave, stopping for a moment to examine something that he could've sworn was a human body-- and it was. He sprinted over to the man -who appeared to have several stab wounds- that was drowning in his own pool of blood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 02:32 am

=My eyes narrow and with little breath I say, trying to grab my pistol=

Me: Who.. are.. you...?
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 02:38 am

David only smirked. "You're in no condition to fight right now...Besides, I don't think you want to." David's smirk evolved into a grin when he opened his backpack, exposing all of his medical care. "I'm trained to use it all, too. But, if you really want to, shoot me now."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 02:39 am

As.. long as.. you use.. that for good...

=I release my pistol and point to my medical bag=
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 02:49 am

David chuckled a bit, reaching for some supplies. "Oh, I will. Don't worry." Without asking, David lifted the man's shirt to expose his stomach, sighing a little as he reached for what appeared to be a large needle, "This may sting for a second..." Without warning, he jammed the needle into the man's stomach, pushing down on it to inject the bio-foam, waiting a second before looking back to the man and pulling his needle out. "That will seal the wound while I do my work, which will seal the wounds permanently until it heals. You're gonna be fine."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 02:52 am

Me: I am mostly.. bleeding to death.. get an IV pouch and give me some blood

=I fall over on my medical bag, searching for blood=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 02:58 am

=i think for a while, getting angrier and angrier at nothing in particular. I stand, grabbing the crutch and walking to the door, my shotgun still embedded in it. I pull it out, cutting my hand on the jagged barrel, but I pay no attention to the wound=

=i raise the shotgun, and begin beating the door, screaming a wordless challenge at it. After a while, I calm down, and drop the shotgun, the barrel now bent beyond use. My door is a patchwork of dents and scratches, but it still opens. i sit down on the bed, and I try to figure out my life. Who I am, what I do, what I did and who I was=
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 03:09 am

David nods, "I know. This will stop you from bleeding any further." He grabs a pack of IV and a needle, grabbing the man's arm and stabbing the needle into it. "There ya go, all set. Don't move, though."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 03:12 am

That is going.. to be tough

=I cough up blood from my lungs that contain biofoam now=

Get some.. bandages.. around the wounds...
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 03:17 am

David sits down, pulling out a bottle of water, offering some to the man first. "Why don't you tell me your name? Or maybe what happened?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 03:22 am

=I begin to breath a bit easier from the return of blood to my body=

Well... I am not going to tell.. you my name... but.. I will tell you that I am an ODST medic.

=I grab my stomach=

You need to.. get me... to a UNSC carrier

Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 03:47 am

David nods, "Alright, but if I'm gonna carry your ass to the nearest UNSC Carrier I'd like to at least know your name." He chuckled a little bit, tucking away his water. "Just let me know if you need any more. I'm David, by the way."
Back to top Go down
Epsilon
Not cool enough for a real rank
Epsilon

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 03:47 am

=X No Delta and his squad of SS are in a firefight in a street near "Ground Zero", the site of an anceint attack, now the main LZ for the XNNOs in New York City, however there are some others=

[Delta] Move up the street!

=A rocket hits a nearby car, which explodes and slides towards them slightly=

[Soldier 1] Take Cover! Move into the buildings!

=A few of the soldeirs move into the buildings, and a couple duck into a small cave-like structure within the rubble of a fallen skyscraper. a small group of 3 head up to the top and begin to fire rockets and rifles at the marines in the street below. In the distance, barely visable a ship begins to fall from orbit and crash into the city, creating unreal amounts of noise, as well as dust and debris, even from so far away. A pelican comes flying down an adjacent street, it is burning and falling out of the sky. A rocket slams into the side of it. It begins to decend rapidly before plowing into the ground in a blaze of fire and smoke. off in the distance another skyscraper falls, asumingly from the fires and firefights happening all over the city=
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 03:54 am

You see that one

=I point to the sky=

It is called the Tropheaum. Get.. me to.. that ship

=I slowly start to pass out=
=I put on my helmet=

You... may be unwelcome... but...

=All is black=
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 04:03 am

David would sigh, cursing under his breath as he lifted the currently nameless man up into a Fireman's Carry, slinging his pack over his shoulder, he started a light jog to the nearest UNSC Outpost to find him some help and get him on the Trophaeum.

Last edited by Kabnit on 01/06/11, 04:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 04:12 am

=i can't think, too many questions, too many mysteries. I decide to go to the hanger bay, to work on the Dream of Luck, if I can even call it that. I grab my crutch and head down there, trying to slow my brain down=
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 04:19 am

After a while of walking, David decided it was time for a water break. He gently set the man down on several rocks as he grabbed his bottle of water, sipping some. The surge of water suddenly gave him a great idea as he searched his bag for his PDA-like device, sending out a distress signal, "All available units, I have an ODST trooper who has apparently suffered several stab-wounds and possibly lacerations. I need a pick-up to the USS Trophaeum. Please respond. I repeat: Ride needed to USS Trophaeum."
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 04:22 am

=i hear a beep from the console and it plays the distress call. i respond= This is the Dream of Luck, I'm coming in. It'll be a tight fit, but it should work.

=i launch, heading down to the planet to pick up the sender and the wounded man. I close in on his position=
Need a ride?
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 04:25 am

David grinned, nodding, even though he knew no one could see him, "Yessir." He sent out a beacon to further assist the pilot with locating him.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 04:27 am

=i land, and see that the wounded man is Snow= Snow, you idiot. What'd you do now?

=i turn to the sender= Cmon, I'll help you get him in. Like I said, it'll be a tight fit, but we'll make it work.

=i take my crutch out and walk over to them=
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 04:32 am

David looked back down to the man "Snow, huh? Hm." He looked up to respond to the man's query. "No, no. He's a rather light load. "He grinned as he hopped into the back of the Sabre, finally getting a good look at the man and how tall he was. He was skeptical about asking, but he did anyway. "You're rather tall for a Sabre pilot..."
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 04:37 am

I'm a spartan, I'm just injured, is all. And I didn't decide to bring my armor along when I went into the hanger. Dormii Ma....Fo......Just call me Dormii.

=i slightly jump, slightly slide into the driver seat and take off, heading for the Trophaeum=
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 04:43 am

David looked up from his 'patient', somewhat surprised. "Wow, I didn't think you'd tell me so easily." He chuckled a little and continued the ride.

Later on, after the landing of the Sabre, Dormii and David escorted Snow to the medbay, accompanied by several Hospital Corpsmen...
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 05:23 am

=i stop the new guy ourside the Medbay= So, what's your story? How'd you get on the planet? I though it was abandoned.
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 05:36 am

David looked to the SPARTAN with a sigh, "Well, since you told me that you're a SPARTAN, I guess I can do the same. I'm a cell-operator with ONI. Used to be in the Navy as a Corpsman."
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 05:39 am

"Used to be?" Doesn't seem to me like ONI let's people go, for any reason. How'd you escape that hell-hole of creepers?

=i lean against the wall and inspect my arm and leg. the leg bandage is bleeding through, again, but my arm is better. I walk over to one of the beds, and start changing my bandages= =i mumble= Oh, gods, why? I don't want to be drunk anymore.
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 05:42 am

"I'm still an ONI operator, but not in the Navy anymore. It's a rather long and confusing story, I'd rather not get into it." He looked right at the SPARTAN to eliminate all signs of nervousness, saying everything with confidence now.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 05:45 am

=i open my leg bandage, and more blood comes out. my words are slightly slurred= Dammit! I told you to stop bleeding. At least, I think I did. i can't remember now.

=i begin wrapping new bandages on my leg= So, still with ONI. Should I be worried about that since I just took all the info on the Spartan info?
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 05:48 am

David looks up, chuckling a bit, "Your secret's safe with me. You saved me a long, long walk...I owe ya." He smirked.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 05:52 am

=i keep wrapping the bandages on, slipping every once in a while due to blood loss. My words become even more slurred= So, what's you name anyway? I can't go around calling you the new guy, at least not for more than a few minutes before that get's old.
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 05:56 am

David pauses to wait until he's done wrapping his bandages and extends his arm, shaking Dormii's hand, "My name's David. Nice to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/06/11, 05:58 am

=i shake his hand back, my words still slurred, and my balance is going= Likewise. =i almost fall, but i grab the bed and steady myself= F--king bloodloss! Why can't I just pass out like normal people.

=i sit down= So, you staying with us, or do you want a ride back to paradise?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2 - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 2
Page 12 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next