Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2

Go down 
+3
The Meta
N
Felix
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime29/03/12, 10:30 am

it couldn't be that hard to hook it up and bring it with i mean this thing ways less then 1/3 a scorpion and i'd think it would be a valuable asset the researchers would be glad to have returned instead of pointlessly blowing it up
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime29/03/12, 11:54 am

Torix 'Kai Vadumee
Special Operations Minor
APC

He looked over to Paarthurnax, who lay still not breathing. He waited there just looking, before noticing he was...dead, at least it looked like that.

"Paarthurnax..."

He started panicking.

"Paarthurnax..."

He dived over to Paarthurnax causing a lot of trouble and causing him more pain.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime29/03/12, 05:15 pm

zeru wrote:
it couldn't be that hard to hook it up and bring it with i mean this thing ways less then 1/3 a scorpion and i'd think it would be a valuable asset the researchers would be glad to have returned instead of pointlessly blowing it up

=I do the figures in my head, taking into account the the wieght of the Pelican and the wieght of the APC=

Whisper's right, we ARE able to lift this with a Pelican...and make it to the ship safely

Sir, with all due respect...Whisper is right. We could hook this up to the Pelican, and it would still be able to take off because the Pelican's thrust to weight ratio would overcome the wieght of the APC.

=I then mentally double check my figures=

Just trust me on it, sir. It could work.

Last edited by Scorch on 29/03/12, 09:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime29/03/12, 08:35 pm

Paarthurnax wrote:
Torix 'Kai Vadumee
Special Operations Minor
APC

He looked over to Paarthurnax, who lay still not breathing. He waited there just looking, before noticing he was...dead, at least it looked like that.

"Paarthurnax..."

He started panicking.

"Paarthurnax..."

He dived over to Paarthurnax causing a lot of trouble and causing him more pain.

"You need to stop moving. Your speeding up both your deaths."
=I was stunned by his concern for the other. Something I hadn't seen.=
=I kneel down and try to help him back into a seated position.=

Last edited by Magician on 29/03/12, 09:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime29/03/12, 09:01 pm

Paarthurnax 'Kai Verassee
Special Operations Officer
APC

His heart started beating heavily, his eyes were tightly shut whilst he died temporarily. He was in an awkward position and could hear some loud talk in the truck, he tried to open his eyes but could not, he was dazed and in a dreaming state. He hadn't the faintest idea; he was in his own world.

"So, this is what the Gods promised us, well answer?"
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime29/03/12, 09:32 pm

"We're riding in the last pelican, carrying the extra weight of the APC would use more fuel, the pelican en route hasn't been back to the Athena's province for refueling. We also don't know what failsafes that have installed in there vehicles, or if these vehicles have tracking systems."
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime29/03/12, 10:07 pm

i went through it and after interogating our new friend here he was under the assumption it was just a simple apc with makeshift guns added on
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime29/03/12, 10:25 pm

Nick wrote:
"We're riding in the last pelican, carrying the extra weight of the APC would use more fuel, the pelican en route hasn't been back to the Athena's province for refueling. We also don't know what failsafes that have installed in there vehicles, or if these vehicles have tracking systems."

=I muse on the thought for a few seconds and then sigh=

Damn, scrub that thought then...

Well, that scrubs that idea then, sir.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime29/03/12, 10:41 pm

Paarthurnax wrote:
APC

His heart started beating heavily, his eyes were tightly shut whilst he died temporarily. He was in an awkward position and could hear some loud talk in the truck, he tried to open his eyes but could not, he was dazed and in a dreaming state. He hadn't the faintest idea; he was in his own world.

"So, this is what the Gods promised us, well answer?"

"What?"
=Understandibly I was confused.=
"Does he...think hes dead?"
=I attempt to wake him=
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime29/03/12, 10:45 pm

Amongst the Gods

The ground begins to shake violently, Paarthurnax falls to the ground. He begins to look around, sweating in reality.

"What...is this your elaborate plan to test me?"

He was confused, everything was hazy.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime29/03/12, 11:00 pm

=i try to block out the Elite and continue working on the explosives. I was taking the grenades and wiring the detonator timers together so they all exploded at once, rather than one after the other. I was also trying to keep them in a line, so I could feed them into the fuel tank. If done right, the explosive force will disperse, and ignite, the fuel in all directions, making a large fireball as well as shrapnel. Carefulness wasn't really as much as a priority as one would think; all I was doing was wiring the timers together. Granted, I still needed to be careful and not set them off accidentally, but that was all I had to worry about=
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime30/03/12, 03:00 am

=takes a deep painful sigh=

Fuck, I'm hit

=moves his hand over his right shoulder, feeling the bullet hole=

Looks like I'll be visiting the doc's on the ship

"What's the ETA on the LZ?"
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime30/03/12, 04:28 am

given our current speed i'd say around 5 minutes or so
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime30/03/12, 07:44 am

"Güt. We should have the replacements for those who we've lost."
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime30/03/12, 04:34 pm

Amongst the Gods

His world still swirled as it repeatedly shook. He could hear voices, however faint and far away they sounded. In his world he was being tossed and turned and was on the floor, in reality, he was losing blood and sweating, as well as speaking what he was saying in his world. Something was happening around him, a swirl of dust; hazy smoke, he couldn't see anything. Something was in the distance, the dust began to clear and the figures became clearer. Paarthurnax got onto his knees and looked down to the floor as the figures approached.

"Paarthurnax.."

"Honoured holy ones, how may I serve you?"

"No, that is not your destiny."

"But holy ones, is this not the place you sang of, and the Prophets spoke of?"

"Yes, but it is not your time, not yet."

"Then pardon me, holy ones, but what am I here for, if that is not my destiny?"

The holy ones stood, with waves of cloud floating at their feet, they wearing ceremonial robes with golden swords.

"This, is what they call, a near death experience, you will return to your body soon, but you must know one thing."

"I am listening holy ones."

The holy ones began to disappear.

"As long as you follow the enlightened path, you will always be protected with our blessing..."

The figures disappeared and Paarthurnax was left alone, before falling to the floor and waking up...
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime30/03/12, 08:13 pm

(Wielder)
"Hey, look at me."
=I turn the Elite's head to face me.=
"Can you tell me where you are? And your name?"
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime30/03/12, 08:22 pm

APC

Paarthurnax opened his eyes and saw a human trying to bring him around. He looks at the human's visor.

"We're...we're still in the truck, I believe. I am...I am..."

His eyes began to flicker again, losing attention of the human.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime30/03/12, 08:28 pm

(Wielder)
"Hey, pay attention, hello?"
=I slap him, not hard just enough to wake him.=
"You have to stay awake."
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime30/03/12, 08:29 pm

=I look and see something on our right flank=

=I crank the charging handle on the chaingun=

Hold on people,I'm picking up enemy contacts.

=As I turn the turret, I spot more enemies=

Wielder, look alive. We aren't out of the woods yet.

=I then see enemies pop out and I open fire=

Contact. We have enemy contacts!

Last edited by Scorch on 30/03/12, 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime30/03/12, 08:39 pm

APC

Paarthurnax felt something hard press towards his face, it revitalised him and he felt better.

"We're in the truck, my name is Paar...Paarthurnax."

He could hear the Chaingun start up again, he looked down to his chest and blood lay underneath him as it vibrated against the metal.

Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime30/03/12, 08:46 pm

(Wielder)
"Good, now stay awake Paarthurnax until we get ok? Aegir your a medic right? Keep him awake."
=I stand up then climb into the Gauss cannon, these people are stubborn.=
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime30/03/12, 08:53 pm

APC

Paarthurnax nodded and watched as he rushed away, he called for the Commander to help him, however he seemed troubled. He could hear a lot of gun fire from outside of the truck, he wandered what was going on. He turned his head to look out of the little window, he saw a lot of Insurgents outside of the truck and closing.

"I will follow the enlightened path holy ones, I will make you proud."

He chanted this as he prayed for hope.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime30/03/12, 09:51 pm

=continues driving north at 50 mph=

um we're on the plains there shouldn't be any woods near us
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime30/03/12, 10:53 pm

=i managed to hook the grenades together and set them most of them to go off at the same time. Some I set to go off a bit after the originals, as secondaries. That would really keep things interesting and panicky for the Innies. I looked over at the Elite=
Hey, how do I set the ball?
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime31/03/12, 10:23 am

APC

Paarthurnax looked up.

"You attach it to any surface, at any angle and then press the...symbol with your index finger. From there it will do the rest."

He repositioned himself, trying to build a better posture.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime31/03/12, 07:11 pm

"Someone get on that Gauss Turret, and shoot the bastards, Someone provide open a window and shoot back at them."

=taking command of the situation=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime31/03/12, 07:13 pm

=i nod in thanks and get to work attaching the device to the wall of the APC, next to the door for easy activation when leaving=
Okay, this APC is all set to go sky high with the most amount of fear factor I can produce.

=i look over at the Gauss turret=
Aegir, Wielder is already on the turret.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime31/03/12, 07:16 pm

=I comm Aegir=

Sir, I already have Wielder on the Gauss cannon up top.

=I then continue to lay down suppressing fire=
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime31/03/12, 07:44 pm

"What? Oh, so he is."

=Walking over to Paarthurnax=

"You're not going to like this."

=Pulls the knife out of Elite's chest, puts pressure on the wound, begins fishing around for bandages in his pouch=
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime31/03/12, 07:57 pm

APC

"ARGH!!!"

Paarthurnax screams in pain, he tries to push the human away but could not, he was too weak. There was so much pain, blood squirted everywhere, all over the truck. He moved around, fidgeting whilst screaming extremely loud. He constantly tried to push the human away, whilst trying to grab his sword...
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime01/04/12, 02:30 am

there's some rapids up ahead with a bridge leading to the other side soon as we cross shoot it with the gauss
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime01/04/12, 02:50 am

"A bridge is a two way trap. No, we'll stop at the bridge and redirect the shuttle from there."

=Says Aegir as he finds the bangages he was looking for an applies them to Paarthurnax=
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime01/04/12, 04:27 am

why the hell would we make that big a risk with no proof the other side is dangerous
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime01/04/12, 04:56 am

(Wielder)
"Oh, oh nonononono, what is that?"
=A couple trees fall far ahead, vehicles come out then they build a wall.=
=The apcs open their back doors and troops fall out.=
=I Comm everyone=
"We may have a problem...up ahead."
=I fire at the wall of Insurgents.=
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime01/04/12, 06:20 am

zeru wrote:
why the hell would we make that big a risk with no proof the other side is dangerous

" [I] Didn't say anything about the other side."

=listening to Wielder=

"You're on a gauss turret, just SHOOT THEM!"
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime01/04/12, 06:22 am

hey this thing has missie pods for the truck gonna enjoy this

=hits the switch and the several small yet still lethal missiles rocket forward and hit the vehicles blowing them and countless innies to bits and drives throuh the wreckage=
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime01/04/12, 12:55 pm

APC

The pain was over, he was relieved.

"Thank...thank you human."

The bandage easily fit on, however blood started flowing through quickly, dripping over.

P.S - Zeru, you need to make your posts more realistic. An APC cannot magically fire missiles and do that, that's just bad story telling.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime01/04/12, 11:26 pm

"Any time Paarthurnax."

=He heard Whisper say something about missiles and pushing a button, but he watched Whisper pull the emergency brake. The vehicles remained intact, but the Wielder, Alpha's Medic, took out the the troops and the trucks with blasts from the Gauss canon. The APC came to an abrupt halt afterward, on account of the emergency break. Luckily the explosives set by Rubble didn't go off.

The Pelican came into view. It flew low, over the trees and slowed up before landing 50m away from the APC. The Squads moved everyone onto the Pelican, and they returned to the Athena Province. The APC rigged by Rubble exploded into a red and blue fiery explosion taking out the squad of GTC soldiers that investigated the stolen APC.=
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime01/04/12, 11:34 pm

=I get out as soon as I see the Pelican=

Come on Hawk, book it...

=The APC explodes, the shock wave overloading my shields=

Ohhhh shiiiiiiit....

=A piece of the APC then hits my helmet and shatters my visor=

Oh man, why is my vision red...?

=I then feel a blinding pain in my left eye as I struggle on to the Pelican=

Someone get me a medic and get the hell off this rock...

=I then collapse onto the floor of the Pelican, unconcious=

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2   The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rise: A Post Covenant War Story: Mission Two part 2
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4