Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Rise: Mission 4

Go down 
+5
zeru
Teria
Felix
Paarthurnax
The White Wolf
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

The Rise: Mission 4 Empty
PostSubject: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 04:22 pm

=3 weeks after Operation Sandstorm.=

Operation Sandstorm yielded minimal data. The intelligence team was unable to match the locations of the troop movements with any known locations on the planet. GHAN Technology Corporation now knows of our presence on . We have had Saboteur teams slowing down their advances on the territory we’ve claimed. What we’ve uncovered from previous intel has saved the lives of some of our men down in the trenches. We have yet to find a way to counteract their weaponry, these “Spartan Killers”, as the weapons have become to be known, have the unique ability to ignore shields. Our scientists have yet to figure out a way to counter these weapons, so all Spartans are to be on guard, one sniper shot could take you out.

Code:
Here’s what the Helmet Recorders have revealed to us:

Code:

•Native Scorpions to the planet are aggressive (what’s not known would be that they were defending their clutch.)

•Native Scorpions to the planet are massive in size.

•Plans to build ground-to-space cannons around the planet.

•Biological plans to modify and adapt Native Scorpions to use as biological tanks.

•New soldier-types in the field. (unspecified)

It is now 5 am, breakfast is served at 0530. All soldiers should be up and about, doing whatever their morning routine is, if they have one.
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 06:05 pm

I exercised a little before explaining some of the mission details a little to my fellow comrades.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 06:43 pm

(Wielder)
I wake up to somebody shaking me and saying "Wake up!". Once I finally decide to open my eyes they stop.
It's the nurse that usually wakes me. Oh, that's right. I'm in the medbay because of the last mission.
I've been out the entire week after my head was hit that scorpion. The Surgeons had to rebuild a bit of skull and face.
Which reminds me that I don't remember anything before and after. Just tid bits of getting Neon out of there.
The next two weeks after the first I've just been recovering from it. I haven't seen anybody during it. But I've gotten alot better recently.

Nurse - "Hey! Snap out of it."

"Huh? What? Okay..."
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 07:53 pm

(Rubble)
=i got up and was greeted by a message. I checked the time and quickly read the message=
Aegir...personal matters...squad leader...mission...great

=it would take a minute, but I had just read that I was ghe new squad leader of Echo squad, and that we had a new mission briefing soon. I headed out to the messhall, message in hand, shaking starting to come back as I woke up=
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 08:28 pm

I finish brushing my teeth and head on down to the messhall. With Aegir being released, my PDA hadn't stopped pinging since this morning. I'd had about 5 hours sleep and our briefing was in twenty minutes, meanign we'd have to eat our breakfast DURING breifing.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 08:31 pm

=had crawled out of bed and decided to get some food=

ow my head is killing me
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 08:52 pm

I removed my shoulder pads, adding the medication rub that was given to me for my injuries. I was tired, but ready for action.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 10:25 pm

=i checked the message again as I woke up and noticed the time of our briefing, then slowly put it together with the time breakfast was served, and hurried up, jogging to the messhall to get my food instead of simply walking there. I needed to get my food then get to the briefing, no time to eat in messhall, have to eat along the way and in the meeting=
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 10:30 pm

I grab my bowl of cereal once I got into the messhall after cutting the line. All of the kitchen staff had been briefed to serve the Spartans before anyone else should they appear. I grab an apple and head down to the briefing room . Once I get there, I open the door to see two folders lay on the desk inside. I entered the room, shutting the door quickly behind me. A quick glance revealed the folders to have the names "Sparrow" and "Rubble" on the front of them.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 10:43 pm

=i jogged in, got a cup of tomato soup with a safety lid that I could sip through, and jogged off to the briefing room. I sipped the soup as I went, feeling the hot liquid slide down my throat, warming me up as it went down. I arrived in the meeting room, and look to Sparrow=
Morning.

=i walked over to the table, set my cup down, and picked up my folder, only knowing it was mine by my name on the front=
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 10:45 pm

I give Rubble a nod.

Heard you got Echo leader. Congratulations.

My PDA beeps again quite loudly.

It's been going off all morning. Everyone wants to know where or why Aegir was released.

I grab one of the chairs from around the room and pull it to the desk, opening my folder as I take a spoonful of my cereal
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 10:48 pm

I wouldn't congratulate me, I don't know the first thing about being a leader. Not big on speeches, running in headfirst, or standing heroically for pictures. What have you told everyone?
Back to top Go down
Dreadnaught Wrex
Not cool enough for a real rank
Dreadnaught Wrex

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 10:51 pm

I get out of bed slowly due to the fact that I only had just arrived last night to the base and I was a little behind on my sleep. I lumbered to my door and looked at the base, seems I woke up a bit late. Based on that everyone else was moving in a high gear I assumed I had a mission today. So I lumbered off towards the mess hall then I would head to the briefing room just in case.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 10:56 pm

Just the truth.

I take a few more mouthfuls of cereal and flick through the documents in the folder. Some interesting stuff in here.

That I know no more than anybody else in the matter.
Back to top Go down
Dreadnaught Wrex
Dreadnaught Wrex

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 10:58 pm

I walk into the mess hall and look around. I walk over and grab an apple from the line and I get some yogurt. Figured I would balance out what I needed to eat. I then head off to the briefing room.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 11:01 pm

=i open the document and start reading=
All I can say is he left for personal reasons.

=i look through it some more, sipping some soup once in a while=
Huh, new medic. That was fast.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 11:03 pm

I finish my cereal, holding the bowl up to get all of the milk. I then close my folder, pick it up briefly, lean back on my chair and throw the folder down onto the table.

So what'd you get?
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 11:04 pm

I watch the marine's I'd shared a Pelican file off of the ramp, and walk after them.

Reassigning was something I'd looked forward to, seeing as I'd had a few 'disagreements' with officers on my old station.

This one saw more action, anyway.

I walked into the base, hoping to find my new squad.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 11:07 pm

Well, first off, I got evac. Secondly, I get one of your little duckies. Thirdly, you get my new recruit, a hitman kinda guy, from what I'm reading. What'd you get?
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 11:09 pm

A new guy too. Heavy Weapons. And we got Assassination.

I pull the apple out of my pocket and throw it in the air a few times before taking a bite.

Seems like you drew the short straw.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 11:12 pm

Nah, we got more to take on. Looks like we also get prototypes. That'll be fun.

=i down the rest of my soup and suppress a small burp=
Guh...excuse me.
Back to top Go down
Dreadnaught Wrex
Dreadnaught Wrex

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 11:12 pm

By the time I find the place that looks like the briefing area I had arleady finished my yogurt and took a bite of my apple. I rub my shaved head as I walk into the briefing area. I notice two people talking, sadly I had to duck to go through the door. I pulled on my goatee with thought as I looked at those two.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 11:14 pm

=i look up at the person=
I'm going to guess...new spartan?
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 11:15 pm

I stand up and walk around the back of him, reading his mission document over quickly.

Ah but you got the desert, where those scorpions were. I don't care what the UNSC were giving me. I wouldn't go back out there.

I go back to my seat and continue to eat my apple. A new guy walks through the door and I give Rubble a look with raised eyebrows. I discreetly point at Rubble in order to try to encourage him into a bet about who the new guy would belong to.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 11:19 pm

=i shake my head to say "no bet," but I do a little smile in the corner of my shaking mouth=
Not my lucky day.
Back to top Go down
Dreadnaught Wrex
Dreadnaught Wrex

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 11:21 pm

Looking at the man who just adressed me. I nod and say "I'm boulder, and you are?".
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 11:23 pm

Rubble. Ironic names.

=i hold out my hand to shake his=
Nice to meet ya. You know who's squad you belong to?
Back to top Go down
Dreadnaught Wrex
Dreadnaught Wrex

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 11:26 pm

I shake rubble's hand and I have some height on him.

"I was told alpha squad on the way here. Dont know my leader though."
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 11:28 pm

=i look over to Sparrow=
Hey, Sparrow, you're in luck.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 11:30 pm

I look him up and down before turning my attention back to Rubble.

Trade you?
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 11:32 pm

Nah, I already got your Medic for this mission. Besides, he's yours.

=i lean in close to Boulder=
Don't worry, she's harmless.
Back to top Go down
Dreadnaught Wrex
Dreadnaught Wrex

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 11:34 pm

I figured it was just them messing with the new guy, I kind of chuckle. I go over an take a seat, waiting for whatever was coming next.
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 11:34 pm

I walk through the base, having been told where I might find my squad leader.

I see the room, and notice that it is occupied and they seem busy.

So I walk in.

"I was told I'd find my squad leader here?"

I look them over, taking in their faces.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 11:35 pm

=i look at the next new guy=
Depends, which squad?
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 11:36 pm

Hey Rubble. Got any fertiliser. Sure is green as grass in here today.

I turn back to my folder and flick through it a little more.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 11:37 pm

=i roll my eyes at Sparrow and wait for the new guy to reply=
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 11:38 pm

"Echo. "

I don't know what else to say, and wait for a response.
Back to top Go down
Dreadnaught Wrex
Dreadnaught Wrex

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 11:39 pm

I sigh at my squad leaders lame joke. Since apparently she didnt get the memo that I have seen action. I dont mind have someone younger than me lead me, I never was leade material anyways. I was fine with support my squad like always.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 11:40 pm

That means your mine. Welcome to Echo soldier, what's your name. I'm Rubble.

=i hold my hand out to shake her hand=
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 11:53 pm

=I walk into the room and sit down and rest my head, waiting for the briefing to start=

Who's the new Spartans?

Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime15/11/12, 11:58 pm

=i shake the new girl's hand=
So, do you think anyone else going to join us, Sparrow?

=i look to Hawk=
We have a new medic, they have a new giant. Hawk, meet...

=i check over my folder=
Lyra. Lyra, meet Hawk.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 12:29 am

Well. I can place bets on Whisper, Wielder and this.

I don't look up from my folder but flick through a few pages.

Hitman?
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 12:30 am

=i check=
Let's hope so. By the way, try not to break my new guy, okay? Please?
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 12:32 am

By the time this mission is done, he'll be begging for a transfer over to Alpha.

I take the last bite from my apple, looking up briefly enough to flick it into the waste basket
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 12:35 am

Oh come on, I didn't even get a chance to play with him yet!
Back to top Go down
Dreadnaught Wrex
Dreadnaught Wrex

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 12:36 am

I am just watching the officers go back and forth with their banter. Its a nice thing to see, I hope they are still like this once we get into the field.
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 01:01 am

=meanders into the briefing room after having got a bag of cereal from the messhall and sits there eating it=

what i miss
Back to top Go down
Dreadnaught Wrex
Dreadnaught Wrex

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 01:13 am

I turn to the shorter spartan that just walked in with a bag of cereal.

"Nothing much, just the squad leaders cracking jokes."
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 01:16 am

never met you before new i take it?

=looks to the new spartan as he said it=
Back to top Go down
Dreadnaught Wrex
Dreadnaught Wrex

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 01:20 am

"Yeah, Im new here. What squad are you?"

Is practically looking down on him because of having nearly two feet on him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rise: Mission 4
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next