Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Rise: Mission 4

Go down 
+5
zeru
Teria
Felix
Paarthurnax
The White Wolf
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 08:25 pm

Okay. Let's go. Everyone head to the armory and get set up, I'll meet you there with our new toys. Remember, they have a lot of stuff down there to play with, so only bring what you specifically will need, like medkits, or a signal flare or you're lucky toothbrush, whatever. Oh, and grab a rifle while you're at it. Just one. Need to save weight for our new gadgets. Got it? Good. Move out, Echo.

=i close up the folder and jog off towards the R&D lab to pick up the prototypes=
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 08:35 pm

=I nod and head in that direction, making a mental checklist of stuff I would need=

DMR...auto drone...fragmentation grenades...and binoculars

=I then head into the armory to get what I need and armor up=
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 08:38 pm

I walk to the armoury, taking a Battle Rifle from one of the racks. I also take a magnum, just in case.

I then organise my medical supplies, bandages, Biofoam, disinfectant...
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 09:01 pm

=i make it to the R&D lab and tell them what I need. They pull the cart around to show three of those turrets folded up, the drone, and five mines. I stopped them for a sec=
I'll take the cart. Give me a quick run down on the turrets and drone.

"The turrets use what is effectively an MA5C as their main weapon. It has a slightly shorter barrel, but hits just as hard. the top of it also has a carrying handle. Set it down, fold the legs out, tilt the weapon up, then hit this button here. That'll pop the IFF identifier out and arm the turret. The drone has two M7-"

I said quick, doc.

"Alright, alright. Two submachine guns, and 3 impact frag grenades. Plug that ship there into your armor, and the camera will be linked to your HUD. This controller here will let you pilot it. Ever fly an rc drone? No, I guess you haven't. Anyway, this stick for pitch and roll, this for yaw and turning. This button for the guns, this one to drop the grenades, this to detonate. The grenades work like old wartime dumbfire bombs. For the mines y-"

I know mines, doc. Thank though. I'll try to bring as much of this back in one piece.

=he nods, looking a bit annoyed at my interuptions and ushered me out=
"Good luck Spartan."

Thanks.

=i hurriedly push the cart down the hallway to the armory, the wheels making a loud noise that alerted people to my presence. Soon, after a few min, I got to the armory and wheeled the cart in=
Load up! We're leaving as soon as we get loaded.
Back to top Go down
Dreadnaught Wrex
Not cool enough for a real rank
Dreadnaught Wrex

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 09:51 pm

I finish loading up my pack with box mags, a few rockets, and a little bit of medical supplies. I walk over and grab my modified AIE-486H Heavy Machine Gun, basically the same gun without the shield. I also grab a rocket launcher and walk over to my pack and helm when the leader of echo team strolls in with all this new toys.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 10:32 pm

Assassin mission huh? I see why there's a bunch of new guys replacing me. A medic wouldnt be too useful.

After another little run I make it to the armory, where I see that both teams are here. One guy getting a big machine gun.
Another getting a bunch of knives. You know. The whole armory hassle. Wait... one of them is getting medical supplies.
Guess they replaced Ægir. That was fucking quick. Just reminds you that you're just another chest piece to them....

I start getting on my armor starting with the boots then working up. Once done I grab a Magnum and some medkits.
Then biofoam, bandages, morphine, flares, a flashlight and some antidote. Just my usual stuff. Oh the antidote?
Just incase another scorpion arrives. Though it probably won't be the poison that will kill you, with the size of those things.
But I might as well bring it. No reason not to, other then the sake of keeping myself as light as possible. But I'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 10:42 pm

Hawk! Come get your drone. Wielder, Lyra, you're going to take the turrets. Just grab em by the carrying handle here. I'll take the mines.

=i start getting my armor on=
C'mon people, we gotta move! Every minute we wait here is another Marine or Scientist killed!
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime16/11/12, 10:46 pm

I go over to the cart (after dodging several people) and grab one of the turrets.

Lyra huh? I wonder which newbie that one is.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime17/11/12, 12:25 am

=I head over to the cart and get the drone=

Of course you get the explosives...

=I give Rubble a knowing grin=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime17/11/12, 12:47 am

Hey, these shaking hands are meant to detonate.

=i grin back and quickly get my armor on. Legs, chest, arms, helmet, it all came smoothly with the training. I grabbed the mines off of the cart and hook them onto my thighs, back, and butt. It wasn't glamorous, but it'd work=
We all set?
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime17/11/12, 01:30 am

=I get my armor on, and place my grenades and make sure the drone was secured along with them=

All set here.

=I give Rubble a thumbs up, and place my binoculars in my tactical hard case=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime17/11/12, 04:48 am

=Lyra grabs the other two turrets and I nod to everyone=
Okay people, let's go. Our Pelican's waiting for us.

=i had an Assault Rifle in my hands, an MA5B, the good old powerhouse that couldn't really hit anything, but when it did it took it down in seconds. I had a feeling I'd need this as opposed to a new model. I started jogging lightly out towards the hanger, with the others following=
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime17/11/12, 04:52 am

I load the shotgun with shells from the bandoleer, but keep the chamber clear.
I grab a fragmentation grenade an slide it in a pouch.
I then blink the green light signifying I'm good to go.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime17/11/12, 06:25 pm

I start running towards the Hanger, catching up and even passing Rubble. I mute my helmet completely as I start yelling.
"Wooooooaaaaah! Free at last!"
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime17/11/12, 07:13 pm

=I run into the hangar, making sure I got to the Pelican on time=

I don't care what they say...I will not trust anyone other than myself in the cockpit

=I look to Rubble, and then get onto the waiting Pelican=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime17/11/12, 09:45 pm

=I get on the Pelican and wait for Lyra. I notice Hawk goes right for the pilot's seat=
Hey Hawk, remember, you fly us down, but you gotta let the bird go once we land. You're needed on the ground floor shooting people.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime17/11/12, 10:37 pm

=I give Rubble the smile gesture=

You know me too well, Rubble.

=I look to the pilot=

And don't worry, I'll hand over the keys when we're there.

=I settle into the pilot's seat and prep the engines=

God how I missed this...

=I then test the control surfaces, getting a thumbs up from the ground crew=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime17/11/12, 10:42 pm

=Lyra hops on and I signal Hawk=
Let's go! Let's go!
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime18/11/12, 01:02 am

=I give Rubble a thumbs up=

Copy that.

=I fire the Pelican's engines and head out towards our objective=
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime18/11/12, 03:08 am

Hawk is piloting? Wasn't he the one that lost an eye a couple missions ago?

I sit down on one of the pelican's seats and look at the floor. A tad bit uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime18/11/12, 10:15 am

=i take this time to brief everyone on what the devices do and what I want them to do=
Wielder, Lyra, I want you two find any wounded and get them to a safe location. Set up your turrets as close to the front line as you can. I have a feeling we're going to need the firepower. Here, I'll show you how to arm them.

=i grab one of Lyra's turrets and do a quick demonstration=
Fold these out, stand it up, push this button and done. Reverse the order to disarm.

=unsure of what I just said, I try it, and it works. I hand the turret back to Lyra=
Hawk, when we land, I want you to take your new pet bird up and tell us what's going on where. Tell us where the fighting's hardest, that's where we will be needed. Now, I can't show you what to do so just listen. There's a chip, slot it into your helmet like an AI chip and it'll link you up with the camera feed on the front of the drone so you know where you are aiming. Pull the right trigger to shoot the guns, left trigger to drop a grenade. Push the center button to suicide the thing. Left stick for pitch and roll, right stick for yaw and turning, got it? Once you get an eye on the situation, help me push back the enemy. Everyone, remember, we need as many guns going as we can. Lyra, Wielder, that means any soldier you can give me that can shoot. If they don't need both arms in a sling, or a full head bandage, I want them shooting. Do your best, but we need to last until these birds can get back to us.

=i walk to the back of the Pelican to check that the other two Pelicans are following us, and they were=
Okay, now, just to be clear. Everyone, repeat to me what they are going to do.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime18/11/12, 02:10 pm

"See who is alive, set up the turrets, fix whose alive, hold out until Evac."

I look down at Magnum, which I find out of it's holster. Somehow, this reminds me m that my speakers are muted.
I bet you can guess what I do next. I unmute myself.

"See who is alive, set up the turrets, fix whose alive hold out until Evac.,"
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime18/11/12, 11:23 pm

=I get on the squad comm=

Once I land the bird, I'm going up top with the drone to provide overwatch.

=I keep the Pelican on course towards the LZ=

Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime18/11/12, 11:26 pm

I look at the one called Wielder.

"We should secure a safe zone for the casualties before we start dragging them."
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime18/11/12, 11:27 pm

Lyra! I didn't hear you! What are you going to do once we get on the ground?
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime18/11/12, 11:28 pm

"Find the wounded, then set up the turrets."

I say it coolly, not caring much for the 'gung-ho' attitude a lot of spartans had.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime18/11/12, 11:31 pm

That's better. I need to make sure everyone knows what to do. This can go very, very badly if someone fucks up here. Hawk! ETA!
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime18/11/12, 11:38 pm

=I take a look at the timer=

ETA is 90 seconds.

=I take a look in the copilot's seat=

Will you keep your hands off the weapons console you idiot!

Copilot: Sorry sir.

=I shake my head in frustration=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime18/11/12, 11:39 pm

Okay. 90 seconds until a hot landing. Get ready people.

=i double check my mines are in place and then rack the bolt on my assault rifle=
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime18/11/12, 11:41 pm

I tighten my grip on the turret and get ready to move fast.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime19/11/12, 02:11 am

=I eye the vehicles and begin to set the Pelican down=

ETA, 30 seconds!

=I set the Pelican in the sand=

GO! GO! GO!

=I get out of the cockpit, nearly bolting out of the bay=

Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime19/11/12, 02:36 am

Move people! Let's save us some eggheads!

=I jumped out of the bay and ran towards the Marine lines, my rifle raised. I called out as we ran=
Friendlies at your six! Spartans coming in!
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime19/11/12, 02:42 am

I begin my walk to the hanger. It seemed Echo had already left. Our Falcon was being loaded up currently. I walked to the Pilot seat and climbed in, throwing a few switches and checking comms.
Back to top Go down
Dreadnaught Wrex
Dreadnaught Wrex

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime19/11/12, 02:51 am

I pulled on my helmet and slip my back pack on my back. Laching the rocket launcher under the pack. The I grabbed my HMG and lumbered over towards the hanger area. I proceeded to get in the falcon. I sat down and placed my HMG on my lap.

Last edited by Dreadnaught Wrex on 19/11/12, 02:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime19/11/12, 02:52 am

=arrives after the others and climbs in the falcon and takes a seat=

all set
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime19/11/12, 02:57 am

I follow my new squad members to the falcon, and take a seat on one of the MGs on the side.
"All set!"
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime19/11/12, 03:00 am

I wait for the thumbs up from one of the attendees.

Alright. Remember. Silent until I say otherwise.

The thumb comes up and I take off, the hatch opening just in time for us to fit out. I turn the falcon around to the right direction and take off.

We'll be landing just inside the city, then we'll make the rest of the way on foot using back alleys.
Back to top Go down
Dreadnaught Wrex
Dreadnaught Wrex

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime19/11/12, 03:04 am

"Gotta boss, Im not the sneakiest person in existence though."

I shifted my weight a little. Knowing that I would more than likely be the fall back man or the distraction.
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime19/11/12, 03:07 am

You'll be on overwatch with the Sniper Rifle for that reason Boulder.
Back to top Go down
Dreadnaught Wrex
Dreadnaught Wrex

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime19/11/12, 03:08 am

"Gotcha boss. I grabbed a rocket launcher incase we encounter some of those fun big targets."
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime19/11/12, 03:12 am

=i got closer and called out to the scientists I saw hiding around the Elephants=
Get to the Pelicans! We'll cover you!

=when they didn't move I shouted at them=
MOVE! MOVE OR DIE! GET GOING!

=that prompted them to move, they all ran to the Pelicans. Bullets and the odd explosive projectile whizzed past. One of the walls of the base was reduced almost completely to rubble, and it looked like that's where the enemy was focusing. MG turrets were set up, and I could see bodies, both of the wounded and the dead. I had a feeling of what would happen, but I needed Hawk to confirm or deny what it was=
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime19/11/12, 04:22 am

I rack my shotgun's pump then feed another shell in the tube.
I start humming a song to myself, keeping it low.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime19/11/12, 01:44 pm

=I run out of the Pelican, get to my position and fire up the drone=

Alright little buddy, let's see what we've got here...

I've set up my position, and the drone is up. Getting feedback from the drone as we speak.

=I then set up the feed from the drone's camera to filter to Rubble=

Rubble, you getting all of this?
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime19/11/12, 08:00 pm

=i little window appeared=
Affirmative, Hawk. Do a quick scan of the area not in direct combat. Let's make sure no one is coming up on us from behind.

=i get into cover behind a piece of...well, rubble, and start firing my rifle at the enemy, who, while still a good distance away, were close enough that some burst fire would give them pause to think=
Marines! Let's give these boys hell!
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime20/11/12, 12:37 am

=I nod, keeping the drone away from the fire=

Copy that. I'll keep you posted.

=I then take the drone over to a clear area, looking for anything suspicious=
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime20/11/12, 12:37 am

I set the first turret down, as I duck under incoming fire.

I copy exactly what Rubble had done, activating it.

"Turret one is green!"
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime20/11/12, 01:12 am

We hit the suburbs of the city pretty quickly and my HUD was already pointing out the LZ.

Alright. Touching dirt now. Stay silent.

I bring the Falcon down in a park clearing, surrounded by trees. It was the best place to keep it hidden.
Back to top Go down
Janitor
Member of the Community
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime20/11/12, 01:23 am

I sign Sparrow with a green blip. Signing I Copied her last order.
I jump from the Falcon and hit the ground with a quiet thud.
Back to top Go down
Dreadnaught Wrex
Dreadnaught Wrex

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime20/11/12, 02:07 am

Once the falcon steadies from hitman jumping off, I proceed to jump off shaking the falcon a little when I did. I manage to land in the quitest way someone like me could. I then cock my HMG slidding a round into the chamber.

I whisper into my comms. "Gotcha boss, going silent from here."
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime20/11/12, 02:10 am

I pull the canopy back and clamber on out, sealing it back up behind me. I approach the edge of the clearing and mute my external speakers.

Alright. Mute external speakers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rise: Mission 4   The Rise: Mission 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rise: Mission 4
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next