Halo Roleplay
Please log in or create an account.
Halo Roleplay
Please log in or create an account.
Halo Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo Roleplay

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3

Go down 
+5
The Meta
Teria
Draco
Kabnit
Skippy
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage

Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 12:14 am

=She sighs=
The others back on the ship...?

=She lies down on a bed and invites Draco on=
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 12:15 am

=I scream another time=

Is anyone out there?!
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 12:16 am

(He sits down next to Ash)
@Ash
Oh. Snow was good.

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 12:18 am

=She pushes him gentle down onto the bed, she rest next to him=
Did you talk to that new guy...? Dave..? Duncan.. I don't remember..
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 12:20 am

@Ash
Yeah, kind of a talker.

(He smiles)

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 12:23 am

=She laughs quietly, and hugs him=
Why can't it ever be easy? there's always something.. Oni, Bounty hunters, deadly storms... It's never just a sunny day huh?

=She kisses him=

Last edited by Quill on 04/06/11, 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 12:26 am

=flips a final switch and the base hums to life= there we go now after the storm we can start cleaning up and moving things in
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 12:26 am

(He kisses her back)
@Ash
I guess not.

(He laughs)

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 12:35 am

=She pulls him closer=
Thank you for coming... I got a little creeped out down here

=Ash wraps her hands round Draco=
I love you...

=She kisses him and closes her eyes=
Back to top Go down
zeru
The Wizards
zeru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 12:37 am

=heads through the bed room area on his way outside=

if anyone needs me i'll be dodging lightining while setting up a lighting rod to store energy to be used for later
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 01:11 am

(And with a kiss on her lips then forehead, he falls asleep)

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 05:17 pm

=Ash opens he eyes, she kisses Draco and gets up=
I should see if I can get the main power back on... Who knows what these back up generators are running on

=She picks up her rifle and opens the door slowly=
I don't want to get jumped again... There was something here... I know there was#

=She walks back into the main hallway=
Now all I have to do is find the darn things...
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 05:21 pm

David looks to Snow, "You make a good point...I'll go look around." He then went off to search of possible hostiles, his handgun still drawn.

He made his way aimlessly through the halls, hoping to find something. He was getting a little rusty from a lack of sparring or fighting in general.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 05:29 pm

=Ash follows a small stair case, it leads to a small locked door marked maintenance=
Looks like they didn't want anyone getting inside....

=She hits the door with her rifle the force brakes the lock and sends the sound though the halls=
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 05:33 pm

David looks around for the source of the noise, running to where he assumed it came from...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 05:37 pm

=As Ash enters the room she hears something behind her=
No... Its back again!

=She aims her rifle and walks backwards into the room=
Your not going to get me... Dam I forgot to reload!

=She reloads quickly as she slams the door shut=
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 05:45 pm

David leans on the wall of the just slammed door, he notices the door has a rather large dent in it and wondered what had the force to make such a dent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 05:55 pm

=Ash twist her head briefly checking the corners of the dark room, it was covered in dust and rust. She turned back to the door=
What am I going to do...? I'm trapped, what if it's Draco? Or the others..

=She takes another step back and holds her rifle higher, it still aimed at the door=
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 05:59 pm

David decides to risk it, and opens the door, yelling a warning, "Identify yourself!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 06:07 pm

=She drops her weapon=
Someone's out there..? How do I know their friendly...

=She aims her weapon again=
Who... Are you?!

=She shakes her head=
This isn't good...
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 06:09 pm

David recognizes the voice and sighs in relief, "My name is David...We've met before, in the cafeteria."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 06:14 pm

David?! Don't come in... I will shoot..!?

=She takes a deep breath=
What do I do... what's he doing here, what if its all in my head..?

=She sighs=
What are you doing here...?
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 06:19 pm

(He opens his eyes)
(He sits up)
(He runs his hand through his hair)
(He stands and looks around)
(He grabs his supply pouch and heads out the door)
(He wanders through the hallways, stomach rumbling)
There has to be a mess hall somewhere

Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 06:20 pm

David blinks, surprisedly, "What? Why? I'm here to help, don't worry. I was with Snow at first but I came looking for some hostiles and heard the commotion you were making."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 06:23 pm

=She lowers her weapon and walks slowly towards the door=
I don't know if I can trust this guy...?

=She stops and waits for him to come out=
Sorry... This place, makes me jumpy...

=She forces a smile=
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 06:24 pm

David nods, "Yeah, I know...I think it's the storm," He holsters his handgun, "So what were you doing in the Maintenance Room?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 06:27 pm

=She slings the rifle round her back, and stands uncomfortably next to David=
Sorry again...

=She looks away=
I was just looking around... The light are the only thing running... I thought I could check it out, do the others know your here?
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 06:34 pm

David nods, "Good idea. And, no. I don't think so. Comms aren't working and I just told Snow I was looking around.
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 06:36 pm

(He finds himself in the mess hall)
Aww man. What did I expect to find here

(He hears the rain)
Never ending.

(He leaves the mess hall)
Dang.

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 06:46 pm

=She steps away form David=
I still don't trust this guy... Draco said he was all right.. Maybe he is..?

=She walks around keeping an eye on David=
Looks like this might be it...

=She spots a terminal attached to a large machine, she boots up the Terminal=

Code:

POWER OFF.....
{Run system check}
/
/
/
CHECK FAILED

=She sighs and looks at the machine=
Please don't be broken

=She opens a panel and begins expecting it=
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 06:49 pm

(The rain stopped)
(It ended with one final Crack of Lightning and Roar of Thunder)
(He walks around some more and finds a staircase)
(He walks down and finds a locked door)
Hmm.
I wonder what could be in here

Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 07:45 pm

David watches the doorway, his handgun pointed towards it, "Any luck?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 07:52 pm

=She looks back over to David=
Not that I see... Looks like this thing can kick start the generator...

=She sees the gun in his hand=
What are you doing...?
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 08:07 pm

David looks down at Ash for a second, just to acknowledge her, before looking back up, "Snow and I heard gunfire earlier, and I doubt we've secured this -whole- facility. Just a pre-caution."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 08:13 pm

=She nods in agreement and turns back to the panel=
I don't know what's wrong with this thing... Could take me a couple days to find out, might be a lose connection are a broken part..

=She sighs and continues studying it=
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 08:13 pm

(He walks away from the door)
Better to leave locked things locked up.
But, I am curious
Nah. Nothins in there

Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 08:16 pm

David sighs, "Bah. Should I go get the others? Maybe someone else is good with electronics here?"
Back to top Go down
Bull

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 08:21 pm

(Got a chance to post. Nowhere near done with my trip)

=the last bolt of lightning and sound of thunder woke me up, yet I was still asleep. My eyes were dilated to the point of having almost no iris showing. I get up, and partly dress. I have no need for a shirt. I notice a crude cast on my arm, I cut it off with my knife. I notice a bandage on my leg, I leave it on for fear of bleeding out. I walk, the bandaged leg giving pain in return for the movement, but I push past it. As I walk, I gather supplies, I three-prong grappling hook, reinforced cable, straps, and a metal plate. I hear voices as I go, but I don't know if I imagined them or if they were real. Either way, I ignore them. At one point I fall, but whether I was tackled, tripped, my leg buckled, or something else is unknown. I get up, grab my supplies, and go work. I attach the straps to the plate, which is then sharpened into a triangle. I attach my knife to the cable, and attach that to the grappling hook.I wrap the hook-cable-knife around my arm, the knife in my hand, the cable around my arm, and the hook at my shoulder, the prongs on either side of it. I put the plate on my other arm, and I grab another knife from an armory. I head outside, hearing more phantom voices as I go. I fall again at some point, but I continue outside. I find a suitable place to begin, despite the ground being damn and sucking. I unwind the hook-cable-knife and draw a circle around me on the ground with my foot. I start, swinging the hook-cable-knife in complex patterns, knocking mud into the air as I sweep the hook across the ground, I create small thuds as the knife impacts the mud where enemies might be standing. I continue, my feet never leaving the circle. I think I hear more voices. My left arm complains every once in a while, but I ignore it, same for my leg. I go well past the point of exhaustion, determined not to let a mundane thing like tiredness beat me. I fall again, and try to get up, but I have no energy to move=

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 08:25 pm

=Ash shots back up=
Hey I'm an engineer I know what I'm doing... I can fix pretty much anything, with a engine..

=She looks away=
Its what I trained for.... But someone else could probably fix it faster

=She becomes very quiet=

(We miss you Bull! ;D)
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 08:27 pm

David looks back down, "I mean you could both work together to fix it." He checks his magazine, as he hasn't fired any rounds yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 08:30 pm

=She continues working on the panel=
If you want to... I'm not stopping you

=A spark comes out the machine=
NO no no no! What's happened now?!

=She begins fanning smoke out of the machine=

Last edited by Quill on 04/06/11, 09:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 08:31 pm

(He goes back up the stairs and heads outside)
(As he walks outside the sun blinds him)
Jesus
(He looks around and sees track in the mud)
(He follows them)

Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 08:37 pm

David turns and holsters his pistol, attempting to help clear the smoke, "What happened?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 08:43 pm

=She looks up at David=
Could be anything?! At least I have a rough idea of where the probably... I hope

=She begins working on the machine again=
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 08:53 pm

David chuckles, "Well that's good, at least." He looked back to the doorway, still keeping an attentive eye out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 08:56 pm

=She looks back at David=
So are you going to find the others...?
Back to top Go down
Kabnit
Apprentice Story teller
Kabnit

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 09:06 pm

"Yeah, I'll go look." David walked briskly out of the room in search of another engineer, looking for where he remembered everyone else being...
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 09:11 pm

(As he follows the tracks, a sharp pain shoots through him)
Ahh!
(His vision blurs as figures run past him)
"RUN! GET OUT!"
(He falls to his knees)
(Andrea appears in his arms)
(Lifeless)
NO!

(She disappears)
(He falls into the mud)
(The pain continues to bolt through him)

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 09:14 pm

=Ash sighs=
I work better alone... But at least that got him out of my hair

=She starts working on the smoking machine=
Back to top Go down
Skippy
The Wizards
Skippy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime04/06/11, 09:23 pm

I leave the room last, bringing a few things with me and checking my knife. I head on over to the edge of the compound yard. I sit in the rain, letting it soak me and feeling the coolness wash everywhere. I sigh, watching the the events unfold over the entire base and the faint rising of smoke from the room where Ash was looked like the one small sign that things were still interesting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3   Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 3-A: Calm before the Storm Part 3
Page 5 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next