Halo Roleplay
Please log in or create an account.
Halo Roleplay
Please log in or create an account.
Halo Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo Roleplay

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HRP Second Story Chapter 1

Go down 
+14
Tenébrís
Moose
Janitor
Paarthurnax
Colgate
Felix
Justin
Dewsaur
N
Xion's Memory
Xazhi
The Meta
Teria
Skippy
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 04:22 am

Ellie blinked her eyes open a few minutes later, groaning. Her short black hair had become soaked quickly. She turned her almost cerulean eyes to Katie.
"Yeah...And go ahead, say it." She sighed. "It's cold..." At the moment, Ellie looked strangely child-like for some reason. "Thanks...to all of you."

Skippy
The Wizards
Skippy

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 04:25 am

I shake my head at her.

Welcome to Dusk Squad. Everyone's replacements for a reason.

I grimace and sit down properly in the back seats, letting my rifle relax against the side.

We're picking up Sierra in a minute, then retreating to the Marine lines. They'll have a medic for you.

[16:56:44] Fallen : I LOVE YOU SKIPPY~ <3
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 04:35 am

Skippy wrote:
Alright. Three, head for that waypoint, then keep going further in. Sierra, I'll brief you when we get there.

I turn to Ellie and pull her helmet off. A slow drizzle of rain starts to fall down, becoming heavier quite quickly.

You waking up anytime soon?

=I nod and hit the gas=

Roger that, two.

=I then steer the Hog towards the waypoint=

"Ever since the project started, I've wondered if I had become a monster in the eyes of my team."-Warrant Officer Jack Micheals, S-150, GHOST-3

"All my life, I served with distinction, and became a war hero. Now I train those who will do that themselves."- MsSgt. Marcus Murand, ODST D.I.

"As a member of the Airborne's Jet Pack section, I was called crazy. As a Spartan-4, that hasn't really changed at all."- Mark Novak (Hawk), S-IV, Echo Squad

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps he hears a different drummer. Let him step to it, however measured or far away."--Henry David Thoreau

HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 20
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 04:43 am

=the hog pulls up next to me and I hope on the back, just holding onto the frame while standing on the bumper=
Dusk 3, turn right up ahead, we need to pick up some survivors.

The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 04:46 am

=I let the Hog idle=

Uhhh, Spartan...we don't exactly have a lot of room.

=I look to Two for orders=

"Ever since the project started, I've wondered if I had become a monster in the eyes of my team."-Warrant Officer Jack Micheals, S-150, GHOST-3

"All my life, I served with distinction, and became a war hero. Now I train those who will do that themselves."- MsSgt. Marcus Murand, ODST D.I.

"As a member of the Airborne's Jet Pack section, I was called crazy. As a Spartan-4, that hasn't really changed at all."- Mark Novak (Hawk), S-IV, Echo Squad

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps he hears a different drummer. Let him step to it, however measured or far away."--Henry David Thoreau

Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 04:47 am

It's a man and his son. I'm sure we can find room for them.

The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 04:49 am

Garth wrote:
It's a man and his son. I'm sure we can find room for them.

=I nod and continue to let the Hog idle=

I'm a sucker for kids.

=I look to the Spartan=

We'll make some room.

Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster
Felix

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 04:50 am

"I can't do this any longer."
After hearing the Focus rifle sound off over the commlink, I turn around and dash off into the city and away from the group.
Quickly I unmute my link to Dusk Squad and almost sound desperate. But I keep my voice in check.
"Where is your location Dusk Squad? I'm coming to help, just stay alive." Please.

[00:06:17] Siggy Stardust : nigga just punched the frog so hard the frog didn't feel any pain

[18:46:19] @ Quilliam : Don't worry Felix,
[18:46:32] @ Quilliam : you'll forever remain stupid and ignorant <3
Back to top Go down
Skippy
The Wizards
Skippy

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 04:52 am

We'll make room. Sierra, get in the side seat. You're taking up more room back here.

I shift myself into a lying position, with my back up against the Driver's side. I slide Ellie onto my lap, so we're taking up less space.

Alright. There should be enough room now.

Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 04:57 am

=i nod=
Yes ma'am.

=i move over to the side seat and get in, keeping my shotgun ready. I reply to the radio=
Placing a waypoint now, brother. We're picking up some survivors then heading over to the Marine lines. What's your location?

=i put a waypoint on us as I speak=

The Longterm Poster
Felix

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 05:03 am

In response I place a waypoint at my location, turning out not to be extremely far. But I'm not close to them.
"Is everyone alright? I heard gunfire... uh... plasma fire over the radio."

[00:06:17] Siggy Stardust : nigga just punched the frog so hard the frog didn't feel any pain

Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 05:03 am

(spoiler just has basic squad information)
Spoiler:

Jaysin, "It's early August, kid, we might being seing the first storm of autumn."

(matthias)

We were almost to our objective. The buildings rushed past as we sped through the streets. Empty, save for a few cars rushing about. Mostly police cars and ambulances and emergency vehicles.

-informational-
This city was huge. We, right now, were in QIV, Quadrant four. The quadrant closest to our military base. Each quadrant consisted of millions of people. Quadrant 1, the oldest part of the town, was filled with warehouses and refineries and, well, stuff like that. The majority of housing there was on corporate owned land, as in, the workers lived on site. It wasn't exactly the best part of town. QIV had business and residential areas, practically across the street from one another. I grew up in Quadrant III. Each of the Q's had schools and school systems, QIII was considered to be among the top in the city. At least, that's what the folks living in QIII said. I don't know, school was school. QIII was essentially suburbs, with a few marts here and there. There was more to it than that.

(I think the ODSTs would be in Quadrant II.)

Back to top Go down
Justin
Member of the Community
Justin

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 05:07 am

I let out a long, drawn sigh.

"How bad does the weather usually get?
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 05:09 am

Yeah, we're okay mostly. One of us got hit, but it's not fatal, I don't think. I'm not a medic.

The Active Poster
Dewsaur

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 05:23 am

*As Dante

I felt us make a right turn, but I just kept on looking up.

You smell that, it's about to rain.

*In Justin's Warthog. As Jaysin

After some time Jaysin finally spoke.

"The weather here is usually good, doesn't get very hot here, a little rainy tho. Looks like it might rain later. Sorry about the other, probably don't want to speak. So how are you faring in Seven Echo?"

He paused.

"Oh look it's light raining."

Did you think I was lying?
I said I’m evil, without even trying.
Drinking the red from your heart in one sitting.
You think you've got me pegged, you must be kidding.
I raise the dead up and they do my bidding.
Girl, I’m a thousand years old, I’m a riddle.
Bad little boy, yes, I’m bad, but not little.

Don't you know I'm a villain, every night I'm out killin'
sending everyone running like children
I know why you're mad at me, I got demon eyes
and they're looking right through your anatomy
Into your deepest fears, baby, I'm not from here
I'm from the Nightosphere
To me, you're clear, transparent
You got a thing for me girl, its apparent
Back to top Go down
Justin
Member of the Community
Justin

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 05:36 am

I would look at Jaysin.

"It's hard. I feel unwanted, I guess. No one talks to me, and I feel as no one will have my six. How long have you been in Seven Echo for?"
Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 05:43 am

*As Jaysin

"Look it is going to be hard at first but keep your head up and do your best and they will grow to you. You are also filling in some big shoes. Gonzales was very cared for here. It has been two years now, and I was in the same shoes as you are in now. Everything will get better."

Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 12:06 pm

We continued onwards until we reached the building which was now only roughly twenty meters away. I could see the Commander and his forces moving in from the west side. We proceeded carefully and silently. According to the Communication Officer's report, the friendly Artillery was only a few blocks away. The last twenty meters we sprint over to the Commander. This had taken too long already. We dived into the half-demolished building and formed a perimeter whilst all forces regrouped. There wasn't that much cover, but it'd do for now. I walked over to the Commander when we arrived who put his hand on my shoulder.

"It is good to see you brother."

"Likewise, Commander."

"How was your trip here?"

"No hostile contacts were spotted, no contact at all. You?"

"Same. The friendly Artillery is only a few blocks away; I'll upload the lances to your HUD and we'll begin.

"Very well."

Spoiler:

"They have uploaded Commander."

"Excellent; second lance head out. You will approach the right flank, we shall approach the left. It is imperative that you free the trapped Artillery. Out of the darkness these blades will light our way; and above all: never surrender."

The second lance cheered before enabling active camouflage and disappearing into the city, we did the same soon after. We needed to reach that armoured Artillery and fast.

Type-26 Assault Gun Carriage "Shelob" - Shelob was one of the countless brood of Ungoliant; a Giant Arachnid and a Relic from a time long passed. Shelob was the greatest of Ungoliant’s spawn, and was many times larger than even the largest of Mirkwood’s Spiders. A purely neutral character, she served only herself, and her hunger and bloodlust would be satisfied by any creature she could consume. She usually immobilized her prey with her paralyzing bite that enabled her to feed on her victims at her leisure, but could also crush her prey to death by swiftly dropping on them.

HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Dc0ebc0f-2b8a-484b-9f0d-49d864a7ce72_zps69194c54

Last edited by Paarthurnax on 26/09/12, 11:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster
Felix

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 07:52 pm

"Do you still need help? Are you still under attack?"
As I run through the alleyways my thunderous footsteps echo throughout them.

Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 08:57 pm

We had made excellent progress, the lance and I. This sector had been demolished; not a single building was intact from our initial attack. We stealthily moved upon the armoured Artillery and found Infantrymen pinning them down, and snipers sniping from the balconies.

"Veer, snipers on the balconies."

"I have got them."

I readied my sniper up on my shoulder and aimed up towards the sniper taking pot shots at the vehicles and its Infantry.

"Ready sir..."

"Excellent, Thel and Aura, ready your rifles. Sano and Amwh rush for the artillery once the first phase has taken place, secure the wounded and the armour."

They followed their orders crisply and Sano and Amwh readied their camouflage and waited for the signal.

Wort wort wort!"

I took aim and placed my finger by the trigger before pulling it once, twice and a third time dropping all three marksmen. I pulled my Beam Rifle down and aimed it towards the hostile infantry and opened up the rest of my coil. I saw everyone doing as they were asked. The infantry were pathetic, stupid human filth.

Type-26 Assault Gun Carriage "Shelob" - Shelob was one of the countless brood of Ungoliant; a Giant Arachnid and a Relic from a time long passed. Shelob was the greatest of Ungoliant’s spawn, and was many times larger than even the largest of Mirkwood’s Spiders. A purely neutral character, she served only herself, and her hunger and bloodlust would be satisfied by any creature she could consume. She usually immobilized her prey with her paralyzing bite that enabled her to feed on her victims at her leisure, but could also crush her prey to death by swiftly dropping on them.

HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Dc0ebc0f-2b8a-484b-9f0d-49d864a7ce72_zps69194c54

Last edited by Paarthurnax on 26/09/12, 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 09:39 pm

I look at Ellie, almost having a panic attack.

"Shit. Pull over. She isn't going to make it to the marine line without some kind of treatment."

[16:53:21] Luna : I just thought

[16:53:26] Luna : Gamer is pronounced

[16:53:29] Luna : Gay-Mer

[16:53:41] Luna : Which in TES Would be "Gay-Elf"

[16:53:47] Luna : You're all gay elves.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 09:41 pm

=I look at Way and sigh=

Get some biofoam in her, Four. She'll last till we get to our lines.

=I roll my eyes and keep driving=

Last edited by TheWatchman on 26/09/12, 09:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skippy
The Wizards
Skippy

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 09:42 pm

Don't Pull over. Keep going. We haven't got time, not if we're picking these civi's up too.

This was going all wrong from waking up this morning

Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 09:43 pm

Ellie winces a bit, as she's jostled being moved to Katie's lap. She waits for the woman to give her orders before addressing her.
"Ya'know, this would be nice if I wasn't sporting a new breathing hole."
Ellie managed a small smile, keeping relaxed. "Sorry about this, Katie."
Good job, you're the CO and you end up pretty wounded. Good job, Ellie, making Mom and Dad proud.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 09:44 pm

=I shift the Hog into drive and step on the gas=

Copy that, Two.

=I keep driving the Hog toward the civvies' location=

Last edited by TheWatchman on 26/09/12, 09:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 09:48 pm

"Look, you can't take a covvie round through the chest and make a journey across a city. It won't take long, but if we don't check if she's well enough to make the trip..."

Back to top Go down
Skippy
The Wizards
Skippy

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 09:52 pm

Four. Shut up and watch the buildings. Get ready to cover the Spartan when he moves to get the civilians out of their building. Got it?

Rookies. Always worried. Ellie would be able to hold on until we got to our lines. Biofoam could hold any wound together for 4 or 5 hours.

Back to top Go down
Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 09:57 pm

I shake my head and turn to the buidings, watching for movement.

"Just try to stop her from falling unconscious."

Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 10:02 pm

=I roll my eyes and tunr my head to either side=

Please be quiet and let me drive...

=I keep head towards the civvies' position=

Back to top Go down
Xion's Memory
The Wizards
Xion's Memory

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 10:05 pm

"Fall asleep and miss the chance to make sexual remarks to the fact I'm on katie's lap? Please, it would take Katie here smacking me over the head to make me go unconscious."
Ellie managed a weak laugh, trying to keep her squad at ease about her injury. "I'll be fine, just need a medic to look me over."
Ellie fell silent, blinking for a bit before lowering her voice.
"It's cold, this biofoam..."

Colgate
The Active Poster
Colgate

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 10:11 pm

"Yeah, well don't worry, we'll get you fixed up in no time ma'am. Let's just hope the Army medics are half as good as ours."

Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 10:13 pm

Negative Sierra 077. We are fine. We could use some cover though, if you manage to find a one man vehicle. We don't have a lot of ordinance on us.

The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 10:21 pm

I remained where I was with my rifle still pointing in the air. I surveyed the area to ensure that there wasn't any hidden or additional hostile targets. After I did this, I moved forward with my rifle still in my hands.

I looked over to Sano and Amwh who were doing as they were asked, looking after the wounded. My attention was drawn to the left of my current position looking towards the artillery. Standing there was the building without a front on them. I aimed my Beam Rifle toward it and waited.

"To the East!"

All able forces turned to the buildings where a few human Marines poured out from. The other lance followed shortly after them with their swords drawn; Zuka sped towards the one in front of him and grabbed his shoulder before forcing his Plasma Sword through his back and watching him bleed and groan to death.

"For your heresy, you must be silenced."

I watched as the human fell lifelessly from Zuka's grasp to the crumby, dusty floor below him. Zuka looked back at my gaze before walking over to us as his lance finished the opposition off.

"You took your time, Zuka."

"I apologize for our late entry, Commander. We encountered enemy forces en route here."

"It is quite alright, warrior. You made it, that is good."

I checked the armoured artillery, some of it seemed to be intact, but most of it was non-salvageable. At least a majority of our warriors survived. I fear we were too late, but any later than we arrived there might not have been anything left.

"What will we do now Commander?"

"We will gather the wounded and retreat to a safe location ready for Phantom friendly retrieval. Afterwards, we will patrol the city and backup friendly warriors in the four corresponding quadrants."

"Understood-"

"Veer...?"

"Yes Zuka?"

"Nice shooting there, my forces saw those shots. Very nice shooting."

"Thank you; likewise with your assassination."

Zuka nodded as did I back to him.

"Let us move, brothers."

We followed the Commander and his orders with the wounded and the dead in our hands. As the motto went: "Leave no man behind."

Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 11:04 pm

=the warthog stopped outside the building. I put a hand up to Dusk to show "wait here." I walked up to the door, and knocked=
It's me. I brought friends. I'm coming in.

=i opened the door, the man aiming his shotgun at me from behind the counter. His son was peeking around the corner. I motioned towards them=
Come on. We need to get out of here.

=they hesitated, but then they came out, the man still holding my shotgun. I lead them over to the warthog=
Dusk Squad, meet Jerry and his son, Thomas.

=they both nodded at the others. I motioned to the back of the warthog=
Come on, let's get you two on here.

The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 11:29 pm

I closed my eyes. I could hear the patter of rain on the pavement. It was a soft rain. The sun was still out, warm. My right leg started to twitch. I was getting restless. I drowned out the dull roar of the warthogs engine. I gripped my rifle, tensed up, and then relaxed, tensed up, and relaxed, I continued this cycle for a few minutes. I shook my head and opened my eyes. I looked west(?) and saw storm clouds on the horizon. Autumn.

Storm'll be here in a few hours. Might complicate things if it's a thunderstorm. It'd be a bit early in the year for that though.

I looked left, at the warthog behind us. I could see Maurice, Radioman, and Dante. The roads were getting wet. I could see a light spray of water being kicked up by the warthogs' tires. I must have zoned out again, because when I looked up again, the warthogs were coming to a stop.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 11:34 pm

=I looked at the civvies, keeping the Hog's engine running=

=I look towards the Spartan=

Are those two strapped in?

Back to top Go down
Skippy
The Wizards
Skippy

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime26/09/12, 11:37 pm

I scan around the best i can with Ellie's SMG.

Let's go. Faster. We're sitting ducks out here.

Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime27/09/12, 12:01 am

=i double check them=
Yeah, they're in.

=i move around quickly to the passenger seat and jump in=
Go. We need to get to the Marines.

The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime27/09/12, 12:06 am

We reached a clearing and there was no movement on our motion sensors. The Communications Officer gave us the all clear before calling in the Phantoms, they'd be here soon. We kept moving towards the chosen rendezvous point. The wounded and dead warriors we were carrying slowed us down, but there was no way we were leaving them here.

The air was unsettled, abnormal. It had got colder than before and the skies looked uneven. There was definitely more cloud coverage than before, a lot more. No matter, it was not affecting us at this current moment, so I left it. The Phantom pilots reassured us that they would be here in ten minutes, but as soon as they see the state of this city, they'll think twice about it. They always do. I remember this one time when they refused to pick us up, they left us stranded in the middle of a warzone which cost us more warriors than it should have. See, the problem was that there was fire, a lot of it. The entire Jungle which was full with dense tree coverage, set alight and they refused to lower the Phantoms down. Fools. What must they have been thinking?

"Phantoms, west bound."

I looked up to the callouts and saw two Phantoms dropping from the sky. They were here.

"Excellent; load the injured and the casualties onto the Phantom."

The Sangheili who were carrying the injured and the dead stepped forward and waited for the Phantom to land. They still had a little while to go until they would reach the Phantoms' chosen landing site, but it was always better to be prepared.

Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime27/09/12, 12:10 am

=I nod to the Spartan and shift the Hog into Drive=

Copy that, Spartan.

=I floor the accelerator and the Hog shoots forward=

Hold on boys and girls, this is going to get a little bumpy!

=I grip the steering wheel hard and head towards friendly lines=

Back to top Go down
Justin
Member of the Community
Justin

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime27/09/12, 01:39 am

Code:
*As Jaysin

"Look it is going to be hard at first but keep your head up and do your best and they will grow to you. You are also filling in some big shoes. Gonzales was very cared for here. It has been two years now, and I was in the same shoes as you are in now. Everything will get better."

"Gonzales? Who is he, and what happened to him?"

It came out rude, but he didn't mean any harm.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster
Felix

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime27/09/12, 04:31 am

"Roger that."
The sound of the Warthog made me feel better. So with the emergency dealt with I turn around and start running again.
Just as I begin to run something slams into me from my right. Not nearly enough force to knock me over but enough to push me slightly.
I turn around to see what it was and find a pile of blackened armor on the ground. An ODST from the looks of him... or her. Whichever.
"Hey, I might've just found a Rio survivor. This time he isn't in a Warthog and most likely won't randomly explode."

Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime27/09/12, 03:38 pm

The Phantoms landed and we were standing right behind the Sangheili carrying the bodies. The Phantoms' doors opened and we saw our brothers being laid in the Phantoms. It was a sad sight. There was quite a lot of them, but it didn't take long. Our Special Operations jumped out of the Phantom once they had done. A General got off the second Phantom and walked towards our lances.

"Was this all that was recovered?"

"Yes, I scanned the site personally and none of the artillery placements were left standing, and these are all the warriors we could find."

"Very well. Commander, your lances have done an excellent job. We shall take the wounded and dead back to the fleet and have them assessed properly. Thank you for your work."

Our Commander nodded and turned around facing us. We backed away from the Phantoms as they closed their doors. How long did we have to spend in this city?

Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime28/09/12, 02:53 am

*as Jaysin

"Well lets just say Gonzales was one hell of a soldier, but that story is for another time. But if you want to hear it Matt was pretty close to him. Come on, we got work to do."

Back to top Go down
Justin
Member of the Community
Justin

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime28/09/12, 06:02 am

He would nod, giving a "no."

"If I am hardly known, or hated here, I don't want to piss anyone off by doing so."
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime28/09/12, 03:48 pm

We walked away and the Phantoms slowly lifted off, creating small dust whirlwinds as they turned and gained altitude. We had to sheath our visors with our hands as the dust sped towards us because of wind direction. We headed back into the city as our work was not even close to being done.

"Zuka, your Lance will be joining up with ours for this one and we shall lead as a Crèche and separate when necessary."

Whatever you say, Commander."

Good. Veer, take the rear and watch out for any sniper teams or reconnaissance scouts."

"Yes Commander."

I grabbed my Beam Rifle off of my back quickly before sidestepping and re-entering the line from the rear as requested. I looked all over the street, building windows, rubble, holes, everything. I could not afford the loss of one of my brothers for my stupidity. This time, precautions were more than necessary. I had my Beam Rifle in hand, and I wasn't going to put it away any time soon.

Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime28/09/12, 06:59 pm

*Jaysin

"Look here kid we weren't pick for our looks look at Maurice. We were picked because of something Mar... Uggh."

*Maurice

"What's crackin Jay and Rook?"

*Jaysin

"God dammit Ernest, don't jump on me."

*Maurice

"Hey I told you never to call me that man, not cool."

*Jaysin

"Well don't mess with me and we wouldn't have a problem, besides I am just telling Justin to not worry about his position. That we are selected for a reason and not for our looks."

*M

Yeah that's true rook, if Marik picked you to join echo then he saw something in you. Remeber these fine words, "Trust is easy to obtain but respect must be earned." Look all you got to do is be yourself and people will naturally come to you so stop being a bitch and lets ge shit done. Wooooo!

Maurice ran off to his squad still yelling. Jaysin started to walk towards their group.

"Well he finally said somethig usefull, as rare as that is. Oh I am needed in front, be right back."

Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime28/09/12, 07:37 pm

=I keep manuvering, looking for anything that had Marine green. Five minutes later, I get a lucky break=

Hold on people, we're near friendly lines.

=I try to look for any marines that might give us directions=

Back to top Go down
Xazhi
The Longterm Poster
Xazhi

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime28/09/12, 08:07 pm

=Zuka and his squad had by now moved even further into the city, and were now on the seventh floor of an Apartment Building, tearing it up and looking for any humans that may be there. So far they had found three, and their end was swift. They expected to find more as they ascended=

2: chaos, disorganization, randomness
3: a doctrine of inevitable social decline and degeneration.

Oh if I ever lose my eyes, if my colors all run dry,
Yes if I ever lose my eyes, oh well, I won't have to cry no more.

Yes I'm being followed by a Moonshadow...
Moonshadow...
Moonshadow...
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime28/09/12, 08:50 pm

We had stopped for a while, it was to be expected as we had been walking for a short while. We had spotted an enemy patrol up ahead and we had sent two people to scout further. We had took refuge in a block of flats on the fourth level. This was going to be our base of operations for now.

"Veer, set yourself up in one of the windows."

I look back at my Commander and nod at him before running off to find a window near the front of the building. I find the best window I saw possible and set up in it; I broke the glass with the butt of my rifle and then cleared the debris that was in my way. After this, I pressed my back against the individual column which was in between each and every window. I put my left foot on the column on the other side and my right foot remained on my floor. I aimed my Beam Rifle out of the window and waited for any contact at all.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HRP Second Story Chapter 1   HRP Second Story Chapter 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HRP Second Story Chapter 1
Page 5 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next