Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'

Go down 
+9
N
Dewsaur
Paarthurnax
Colgate
Draco
Razgriz
Moose
The White Wolf
The Meta
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 12:27 am

G-man wrote:
=the commander turns around and returns the saulte=
"At ease. Markis. What news do you bring?"

Sir. NEA troops spotted. Killed two along way here.

"NEA? Again?"

=i nod=

"Blast...okay, thank you. Dismissed soldier."

=i salute again and start walking away=

=I follow him=

What's going to happen now? Because I'd like to kept in the loop.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 12:28 am

=i keep walking, but turn my head to address James and the new guy=
Guards go up. Defenses prepared. Continue as normal unless a situation arises. Then, fight.
Back to top Go down
Draco
The Wizards
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 12:28 am

=I continue sweeping the area=

Sorry if I was interrupting something...
I just like to come up here to think sometimes.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 12:41 am

G-man wrote:
=i keep walking, but turn my head to address James and the new guy=
Guards go up. Defenses prepared. Continue as normal unless a situation arises. Then, fight.

=I nodded=

Well that make sense...

Okay...At least something will be done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 12:48 am

=The last bandit lights his Torch and begins to burn the rocks I am behind and I feel the heat=

AHHHHHHHHHH!!

=I begin to scream for help=

HEELP! MEEE!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 01:27 am

I finally arrive at Evergreen and it still looks like a load of scrap metal, but there was a raider cell here and they always have something good. I took the high road on the mountain tops so I could assess the situation. As I neared the edge of the mountain on the northern side of Evergreen I entered a prone position and edged my way forward. I took out my binoculars and searched the area.

Hmm, six guards and a....Is that a deathclaw!

I moved away from the edge and took a knee.

Did these moron manage to capture a deathclaw.

I was surprised at this event, I have only seen the Enclave capture those monsters. I took another look at the cage, then an idea sprang. This would take some time but it could happen. I looked through my binoculars again to look for a safe and unnoticeable way down. I soon found one, it was rocky but it would keep me hidden. I made my way to the cliff and started to descend, being careful to not kick any rock. After about ten minutes I had finally reached the bottom.

Damn it's a hot day.

I took a sip of my water and continued on. I looked around the house that I snuck behind. I grabbed my pack and took out a stealth boy.

Lets do this.

I used the stealth boy and headed to the cage holding the deathclaw.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 01:28 am

A scream breaks the silence of the wasteland. At first it startled me but I put it off, its unfortunately common. I had passed through the smaller part of DC, Arlington. It was dangerous but I was willing to risk it. I took a metro way through it, its good shelter and the super mutants don't bother with ghouls. I go through a ticket booth and spot a super mutant, He looks at me and grunts, I slowly go around him.
I come across a locked gate, my weakness. But I'm not worrying about alerting other creatures so I shot the lock and opened the gate.
The rest of the metro station was pretty uneventful. I exit the metro unaware that I was on the other side of the river. I head off to my right, thinking that is where rivet city is.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:00 am

(Daniel)
=I stuck with James and his friend the whole way, doing what I could to get us to where we were going. To be honest, I stayed silent the whole way, not willing to speak until asked a direct question=
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:13 am

=i turned my head a bit more so I could look at the new guy=
Name?
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:14 am

(Daniel)
=I looked at the sniper=
Daniel Carter. You?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:15 am

=I can the fire from the Torch start to burn dry and I pat off a little fire that had started on my jacket=

=I pop back up and shoot the Bandit in the arm and leg=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:16 am

=i nod=
Markis. Call me Impact.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:17 am

(Daniel)
Sure thing. Most people back at my Vault used to call me "DC."
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:20 am

=i chuckle=
Good thing. Where you are.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:21 am

(Daniel)
=I laughed a little=
Good point.
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:23 am

G-man wrote:
=i chuckle=
Good thing. Where you are.

=I listen to the irony and chuckle=

Well one thing Markis doesn't lack. A sense of humor

=I continue to look for N.E.A. troopers=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:28 am

=i turn around and see a glint of a scope and a flash a long ways out. I stop and move backwards as the round whizzes past, and then another flash, and another. I turn and start pushing the others back=
Sniper! Cover!
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:29 am

(Daniel)
FUCK!!!!!
=I dove to my side, and took cover behind some fallen rubble=

Do you see where they are?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:30 am

=I just finish off the Bandit and I hear the crack of a Sniper round fly through the air=

=I immediately hit the ground=
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:33 am

G-man wrote:
=i turn around and see a glint of a scope and a flash a long ways out. I stop and move backwards as the round whizzes past, and then another flash, and another. I turn and start pushing the others back=
Sniper! Cover!

=I take Markis's cue and find cover=

Who the hell took that shot?

=I then take cover and look for the sniper=

How the hell should I know?
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:34 am

=i nod=
Far building. Second floor. Right side. Stay low.

=i let my rifle hand loose from the strap on my chest and draw my climbing hooks. I jab one into the wall and start climbing, using the ruins as much as I can=
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:36 am

=I pop back up, looking to see where it came from=

=I start out of cover on a full sprint to a small building, hoping the Sniper can't hit a moving target=
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:36 am

G-man wrote:
=i nod=
Far building. Second floor. Right side. Stay low.

=i let my rifle hand loose from the strap on my chest and draw my climbing hooks. I jab one into the wall and start climbing, using the ruins as much as I can=

=I nod=

You heard the man. Keep your head down or loose it.

=I take cover=
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:39 am

I just nod, not really listening to him
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:39 am

(Daniel)
No problem man, I like my head right where it is.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:43 am

=i look up at the top of where I am climbing. It just ends at a wall, no platform. I look around me, and see a small hole, big enough for my rifle. Another shot rings out, probably just to keep us pinned, as it didn't hit near me. I shimmy over to it and rest my rifle down on the ledge. It's awkward, but manageable. I try to find him through my scope again=
Draw fire! Need target!
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:44 am

(Daniel)
Draw fire? Is he joking?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:46 am

=I get to the door and hug the wall, I don't stay there long=

=I bust open the door and charge in, making my way up the stairs=
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:47 am

G-man wrote:
=i look up at the top of where I am climbing. It just ends at a wall, no platform. I look around me, and see a small hole, big enough for my rifle. Another shot rings out, probably just to keep us pinned, as it didn't hit near me. I shimmy over to it and rest my rifle down on the ledge. It's awkward, but manageable. I try to find him through my scope again=
Draw fire! Need target!

=I nod=

Got it, Markis.

=I turn to Daniel=

I don't think he is. Cover me, I'm going to draw his fire.

=I move into the open and open fire, trying to draw him out=

=I bullet whizzes past me, making me nearly shit my pants=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:48 am

(Daniel)
Crap.
=I aimed my rifle over my cover, and fired off a burst in the direction of the sniper=
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:49 am

=I hear some shooting outside, thinking I am not the primary target=

=I get to the floor where I think the Sniper is=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:51 am

Target acquired! Get down!

=i check the range with my spotter's scope and adjust my aim. A breeze kicks up, and I adjust to compensate. I exhale, and fire. I don't know if the round hit, but at least he stopped firing. I waited to see if he was dead, or moving=
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:53 am

=A hole busts into the wall next to me as a round impacts it=

AH! DAMN!

=I bust open the door in confusion, seeing a man with half of his head destroyed=

Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:57 am

(Daniel)
We good? Is he dead?

Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:58 am

=i can't rack the bolt from this position, so I really hope I killed the guy, otherwise. I might have to climb down, or relay his position=
Target down! Hold position!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 02:59 am

=I kick his carcass over to verify that he is... dead...=

=I look out the window, trying to see who he was shooting at. I pull up my binoculars=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 03:00 am

(Daniel)
=i saw a glint of light from the building where the sniper was=
Crap, he's still alive! Sniper's still up!
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 03:02 am

=i see a body fall out=
Negative! Target down! Hold fire! Possible friendly!

=i pull the rifle out of the hole and start to climb down from the wall=
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 03:04 am

G-man wrote:
Target acquired! Get down!

=i check the range with my spotter's scope and adjust my aim. A breeze kicks up, and I adjust to compensate. I exhale, and fire. I don't know if the round hit, but at least he stopped firing. I waited to see if he was dead, or moving=

=I get out of the firing line=

I hope so, DC.

Well...that was a good experience

Alright then, Markis.

=I hold my positition=

Well, let's see who our friend is.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 03:05 am

(Daniel)
Alright, if you two are sure......but I think I'll err on the side of caution, and keep my gun out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 03:08 am

=I don't see anything=

=I look through the Sniper's bag, taking a couple of bullets, water and food=

You won't be needing this, man.

=I grip my H&K and head down the stairs=
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 03:09 am

Razgriz wrote:
(Daniel)
Alright, if you two are sure......but I think I'll err on the side of caution, and keep my gun out.

=I look back=

Fair enough. Because I'm thinking the same thing.

=I wait and see what will happen=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 03:10 am

=i get down and put my hooks away=
Not sure. Possible. Not certain.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 03:13 am

(Daniel)
Well, let's go meet the neighbors.
=I started walking forward=
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 03:14 am

=I start to feel the sweat pour down the side of my head=

=I stop for a little breather=
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 03:18 am

Razgriz wrote:
(Daniel)
Well, let's go meet the neighbors.
=I started walking forward=

=I sling my rifle over my shoulder=

Let's meet them indeed.

=I follow Daniel and Markis's lead=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 03:21 am

=i follow behind the others, and rack the bolt, sending the empty shell out of the chamber, only to cling on the ground=
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 03:36 am

I hear gunshots loud gunshots, I run like crazy to the nearest rubble pile. I breathe in heavily, this gear is heavy. I sit there for a couple minutes, the gunfire stopped. My breathing went back to normal as I enter a building. I put down my gear and take out my python. I look on the first floor, the second floor and around the building but nothing. I grab my equipment and get back on my way. A little more cautious
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 11:28 am

=I make my way to the door and check my inventory=
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime27/02/12, 01:35 pm

=Esther finally broke through the monotonous alleys and entrapped streets of DC's capital.=
=She stood for a moment, stuck at a cross road. What now?=
=Did she continue through more rubble and ruin only to be cornered in the city again?=
=Maybe she should take her chances in the dark and decrepit subway tunnels flowing under her feet.=
=Or could she leave and follow the coast?=

=These thoughts plagued her until she decided on another option.=
=She look around, bricks, mortar, metal scraps and cars sprinkled the road, melting away under rust or erosion.=
=Esther walked towards one of the cars, picking up several of the bricks and scrap at her feet and placing them on the car.=
=They stood stacked on roof, defying the dented yellow skeleton of a vehicle.=

=Good, she thought, it would act as rudimentary target practice. Finally she could test this Rifle she had been lugging around=

=She glanced back spotting a three story building that overlooked the street.=
=Esther began to leave the tattered tarmac to explore it, if she could get upstairs it would provide her safe distance from her new target=

=Reaching the door she kicked it open. Dust and dirt sprang to life around her, the door had swung open reviling a empty office=
=The building was black and burned, but an overpowering stench of damp caught her nostrils=
=It was not a pleasant place, but anyone could easily say that about any location=
=She walked inside, leaving the humid heat of the day=

=The building creaked and moaned, it looked like it had been disused even before the war=
=Desks lined the room but they had chairs and boxes stacked on top of them=
=She walked over to one attempting the open the draw, no luck, she tried the next, again no luck=
=Every draw she tried appeared to be locked, maybe this place hadn't see anyone for hundreds of years... Maybe more...=

=Her steps sounded as hollow as the building was itself, she entered a corridor at the end of the office, expecting a clear path to the second floor=
=Esther's expectations were fallacious=

=Instead of a pair of stairs she was greeted by a rubble filled ramp.=
=The only glimmer of light in this room was a piercing luminescence from the rubble ramp=
=She turned around looking for another path, there was a door=
Better then nothing

=Once again disappointment sank in, the door lead to nothing but a maintenance cupboard=
=Esther's functional eye scanned it's shelves but saw nothing but glue and tape=
=She groaned saddened by the lack of any reward for her diligence=

=She returned to the hallway making her march up the rubble ramp=
=There was a small hole in the rubble where the light shone through, if she could fit through that, she would finally find the floor she desired=
=She tried crawling through the hole, the rocks and rebars tugged an pulled at her arms, Esther continued to force her way through=
=In a desperate attempt she kicked against the wall almost tearing her bag in half=
=Her face was pelted with tiny rocks and debris, but her efforts weren't in vain=
=She had made it, just. Finally on the second floor, it looked no different then the first floor, apart form its open shattered walls which exposed it to the outside world=
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'
Page 7 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next