Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good community based around general roleplay. We're accepting of any and all who love to write, read, and share!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'

Go down 
+9
N
Dewsaur
Paarthurnax
Colgate
Draco
Razgriz
Moose
The White Wolf
The Meta
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage

Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime29/02/12, 12:35 pm

=Esther gasped, forcing a second wind, she pushed herself away from the wall. She was going to make it out of here=
=She had to=

=Braving forward she scouted the local rooms, each one systemically checked, nothing... Maybe this place was disused=
=She sighed realizing how lucky she was. Exploring the shelves she kicked emtpy shells at her feet=
There must have been a fight here awhile ago...

=She bent down examining them closer, she held one burnt shell between her finger tips, her blurry sight struggling to focus=
=Esther's detective work was interrupted as two fully armed soldiers burst through the door=
=Avoiding their sight she ducked behind a series of boxes Marked N.E.A=

So did you see anything?

Nope, the others are still patrolling though, it was probably some dumb mutant bashing rocks against something.

Sounded more like a grenade...

It doesn't matter now, when we can secure this position we'll have no issues running into Rivet city

=The other solider nodded anticipating the day he could finally leave this hell hole=
=One of the men who had a red tape tide around his arm left the room heading into the corridor, his equipment swaying at his side=

=The remaining one sighed, removing his mask and lighting a smoke, he muttered under his breath surrounding himself with white smoke=

=Esther still hidden behind the boxes felt her heart beginning to race, she felt its pounding in her throat=
Shit! These guys are well armed... How the hell am I going to get out of here...?

=The smoking soldier sat down at a desk, he fiddled with the papers that littered it=
I'm going to get out of this graveyard one day....

Last edited by Pinkie Pie on 29/02/12, 02:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime29/02/12, 01:15 pm

G-man wrote:
=i adjust the rifle, angling it so it'd go past the buildings and hit on the far side=
Fire.

=I take a deep breath and squeeze the trigger=

Well...let's hope that hit something

=I bring the grenade launcher down and await the results=

Last edited by Scorch on 29/02/12, 08:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime29/02/12, 07:44 pm

"Well ain't that the rootanist tootanist thang I ever did see!"

=Peering through some binoculars=
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime29/02/12, 08:34 pm

=I get outside and try to sneak along the dark shadows from the buildings=

=I hear another explosion and start to move more swiftly.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime29/02/12, 09:20 pm

Where'd that one guy go? Oh well, he wanted leave so be it
=I look at the man next to me=
"What's your name huh?"
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime29/02/12, 09:46 pm

Yupp lost. God knows where i was now. Somewhere in the waste. Clever girl i am. I sigh and sit down. At least i'd had no trouble. So far anyway.
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime29/02/12, 09:58 pm

"Lovely weather! Oh lovely weather! Sun, sun, sun oh precious sun!"

Chris giggled. He just randomly started singing a song, which was normal. Apparently. He lay back on his deck chair watching the clowds go by.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime29/02/12, 10:18 pm

=Watching through binoculars=

"I ain't never saw Yao Guai mate before. Mighty interestin' stuff that is. Don'tcha 'gree Akecheta?"

=Akecheta looks at him=

"What?"

=Akecheta shakes his head=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime29/02/12, 10:35 pm

(Daniel)
=I looked at the guy asking=
Name's Daniel. You?
Back to top Go down
http://atlantis117@gmail.com
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime29/02/12, 10:41 pm

"Ben, good to meet you"
=Offers handshake=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime29/02/12, 10:45 pm

(Daniel)
Don't take this the wrong way if I don't shake your hand, but I'm kinda holding a gun. Tell you what, we get somewhere safe, and I will shake your hand until your arm goes numb.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime29/02/12, 11:05 pm

"I see, till later then. "
= I grab a stimpack and inject in into my arm and another into my leg=
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime29/02/12, 11:28 pm

=Esther waited, and waited... And then she waited even longer... This soldier was not leaving, it began to tease her patiences=
=She held her breath wanting to make the minimal amount of noise as possible as her neck inched out of cover=

God does this guy ever stop smoking...?

=She silently sighed, relaxing back into her shadowed protection=
=Another minuet passed, still no movement=
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime29/02/12, 11:31 pm

=I try to stay near the outskirts as I make it past a couple more buildings before slipping into one for a short break=
Back to top Go down
Dewsaur
The Active Poster
Dewsaur

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime29/02/12, 11:45 pm

It wasn't long till the gunshots died down. It takes a lot out of a person, when he has to hide for so long. I could feel that my legs had a tingly feeling and that they were close to falling asleep, so I decided to stand up and see how the battle had ended. I tightly gripped the .45 in my hands to prepare myself for what I had to shoot. I left behind the car and walked toward the wall across from me so I could look around it and see. From what I could tell it that the deathclaw made one hell of a stand. I was about to creep out of my spot until I hear a voice.

Fuck... FUCK!. How did that thing get out. Shit, look everyone is dead, the boss ain't gunna like this.

I stood still to see if anyone else survived.

Hey you get your asses up!

"This guy is injures, we need a stimpack to keep him alive."

I turned the corner to see one raider walking toward another raider who was helping someone who, from this angle, had a piece missing from him. I decided that I wouldn't use my .45 for this little fight. I reached into my pack and took out a grenade. I took the pin out and held the lever so it wouldn't explode. I wanted them all to die in the blast. Didn't want to waste ammo.

Here, I have one on me.

I saw the raider get closer to the other two and I moved into action. I let the pin go and threw it by them.

So you guys survived eh.

The raider who was about to give the almost dead raider a stimpack turned around and didn't notice the grenade that rolled by him. The next scene was a blur. There was him taking out his gun to shoot me, another raider was trying to get his attention about the grenade he just found, and then there was the bloody mess who was either dead or holding on for dear life. Heh, now all that's left is a bloody mess everywhere. Now I can't tell one from the other. The radio flickered on and I started to whistle the tune as I started looting the bodies.
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/03/12, 03:17 am

=Riding on Akecheta=

"Well Ahhlll-be!"

=looking through the binoculars=

"Another deathclaw! Doesn't look like an alpha, must be an adult though, if only i'd had the thought to bring along some rotten meat!"
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/03/12, 03:51 am

=I reach into my back for bandages and tie them around wounds. I give a low grunt and a mumble=
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/03/12, 11:33 am

I yawn and decide i need to keep walking. If i sit still i'm only going to starve to death. I hoist myself up and continue going. Whichever the hell direction i was going.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/03/12, 12:18 pm

=Esther had been waiting for what felt like days, her only way of telling the time was when the soldier would finish a cigarette=
=She was sick of waiting, she had to get out of here before her situation got even worse=
=Esther had been struck with alien luck! The soldier had fallen asleep at his desk, she had to leave before the other one heard the obnoxious snoring

=Sneaking towards the exit which sat opposite the soldiers desk, Esther creeped inch by inch holding her breath=
=Her boots ragged and tuft almost squeaked on the burned marble floor=

=She reached the door, lifting her hand to its blocky handle=

Please, please, please don't be locked....

=Her frantic begging paid off, the door was open, a sudden gust of wind and dust flew through the room as Esther dashed out=
=She had made it, finally! She wasn't going to die behind some stupid boxes=
=Without any want to stay in the city any more Esther ran towards the coast=
=Her feet ran over shattered slate and detritus tripping her up, she fall flat on her face, her hunger pains wanting to hold her down=

=Esther struggled on, moving ahead and picking herself up, she continued running until she was exasperated=
Back to top Go down
Paarthurnax
The Active Poster
Paarthurnax

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/03/12, 03:34 pm

Chris yawned and lifted his arms up before wiping his brow. He was sweaty. He grabbed his Cola from his side, and gulped a massive proportion of it down.

What a fine day!
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/03/12, 06:25 pm

=i sling the strap over my shoulder and adjust the M320 so it's behind my back. I look to the others=
Ready to move?
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/03/12, 06:54 pm

G-man wrote:
=i sling the strap over my shoulder and adjust the M320 so it's behind my back. I look to the others=
Ready to move?

=I nod=

Yeah, I'm ready. Let's move.

Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/03/12, 07:50 pm

=I stand up=
"Lets get going"
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/03/12, 08:27 pm

=i lead the way, keeping an eye out for any unwanted guests while keeping my arm still. I wasn't feeling the most secure. A sidearm isn't the greatest weapon, and while i did have others with me, I was trained to work alone. Ever since spotter scopes became helmet mounted, the need for an actual second person was removed. The scopes could check the range, wind speed, humidity, travel time etc, and record up to 24 hrs of footage. I was missing tapes currently, so the scope couldn't record anything. I've been meaning to get to the requisition tent for some wiped tapes, but I haven't had the presence of mind to do it=
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime01/03/12, 09:19 pm

=I start to head out of the town, flipping the safety on my gun=

=I look back once and continue venturing=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime02/03/12, 12:11 am

Eyes open. Safeties off.

=i exited the building carefully, peeking my head out of the doorway before making a short roadie run across the street to another building. I motion that the area is clear, waving them over but also pushing downward, keeping my had flat=
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime02/03/12, 12:39 am

=I look to left and right then run towards impact=
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime02/03/12, 03:43 am

G-man wrote:
Eyes open. Safeties off.

=i exited the building carefully, peeking my head out of the doorway before making a short roadie run across the street to another building. I motion that the area is clear, waving them over but also pushing downward, keeping my had flat=

=I nod, unlimber my rifle and follow Markis=

Wait for it...wait for it...now

=I then make a break for it accross the street=
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime02/03/12, 10:45 am

=Esther's feet clambered across the coast of the capital wasteland=
=She was not greeted by blue surf, she did not see the calming waves gently roll against the rocks=
=All she could see was green bile acting like acid, the liquid consuming anything that entered its slimy depths=

=The coast was far less pleasant then Esther had imagined, she was promised tales of old, with blue seas and colourful sands=
=Yet nothing of the sort materialized, she wished, hoped she was wrong. She didn't want this to be the coast=
=But a quick conformation on her map cemented the fact=

=She sighed, the dull and lifeless landscape had began to reflect Esther=

=Continuing her aimless walk she moaned with hunger pains=
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime02/03/12, 07:37 pm

=Wandering the wastes, only not really=

"Ya sure the tracks go this way?"

=Akecheta brays=

"Well okie dokie lokie Akecheta. Let's ride! Yeehaw!"

=Akecheta Trots forward.=
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime02/03/12, 08:10 pm

(Daniel)
=I followed them as they moved, staying close, and keeping my rifle ready. Now that I was part of a group, i could not afford to act on my own=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime02/03/12, 08:32 pm

=i whisper=
Remnant will help. Anyone object?
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime02/03/12, 08:34 pm

G-man wrote:
=i whisper=
Remnant will help. Anyone object?

=I nod=

I'm perfectly fine with that. You have no objection from me.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime02/03/12, 08:37 pm

"Remnant? Uh.......go ahead"
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime02/03/12, 08:40 pm

(Daniel)
Sounds good. I'm just following you guys anyway.
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime02/03/12, 08:52 pm

=i peek my head and look for the Washington Monument to get my bearings again. Blood loss was starting to get to me, but wasn't too bad. I start to move, staying low and in cover=
Let's go.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime02/03/12, 08:56 pm

=I hold my left forearm=
"Are we close?"
My life is in this strangers' hands
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime02/03/12, 08:59 pm

=i point the to monument=
See?
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime02/03/12, 09:02 pm

"Good good good, I'm feeling......dizzy"
=My head falls back and comes back up=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime02/03/12, 09:04 pm

You're injured. You'll get medical with Remnant. How strong?
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime02/03/12, 09:05 pm

(Daniel)
Will you be able to keep up?
=I asked the newcomer=
Back to top Go down
The White Wolf
The Wizards
The White Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime02/03/12, 09:07 pm

Okay. So the lack of water and food was getting to me. I was hallucinating. I saw a tree for gods sake! And not a dead one either. So yeah. I'm hallucinating.
Back to top Go down
Felix
The Longterm Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime02/03/12, 09:10 pm

"I should be good, but Jesus Christ my head hurts. Lets keep going"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime02/03/12, 09:16 pm

=Esther had grown sick of drawing in the acidic air of the coast, she decided to ditch the shattered shoreline onto more stable footing=
=Climbing up the native rocks she had escaped the draining bellows=

=She sighed with relief, the rapid motion of exerting air was comforting in an indescribable way=
=After her clamber up the from the slated shoreline Esther sat' checking her map=

It had to be here somewhere....?

=She tilted and turned the map, foolishly hoping it would make more sense on a different angle=
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime02/03/12, 09:22 pm

=i nod and keep heading towards the base. The sun was beginning to set, but it wasn't dark yet=
Let's hurry up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime02/03/12, 10:58 pm

=I clamber to the top of a hill and use the binoculars to check if I was all clear=
Back to top Go down
The Meta
The Longterm Poster
The Meta

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime03/03/12, 12:09 am

G-man wrote:
=i nod and keep heading towards the base. The sun was beginning to set, but it wasn't dark yet=
Let's hurry up.

=I look and see the sun coming down=

Yeah, best be there before the sun goes down.
Back to top Go down
Razgriz
The Oldest Crones Alive
Razgriz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime03/03/12, 12:10 am

(Daniel)
Crap. And we have a shelter to go to, right?
Back to top Go down
Teria
The Oldest Crones Alive
Teria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime03/03/12, 12:18 am

=i stay silent but nod in response to DC. I keep an eye out for any ghouls that might want to show up=
Back to top Go down
N
The Longterm Poster
N

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime03/03/12, 01:05 am

=Takes a deep breath=

"Look at that sunset! ain't she a beauty?"

=Akecheta brays=

"I think so too. We'll sit here and admire it while she lasts."

=Akecheta 'sits' and they watch the sunset together=
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'   Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland' - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1- 'Welcome to the Wasteland'
Page 12 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next